Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2017-18

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    the communication of the Futile Four is appalling. couldn't throw away phones be purchased and given to the trainers of each team so they could call in results? of course there might be differences for the score of the same game. but the committee could add the two different scores together divide by 2 and reward the game to ... uh ... to the team that's trainer came closest to the final number. this method means actual games wouldn't have to be played. the trainers can just guess how they think their team would have done. does away with travel problems, food issues, renting rinks, transportation. no one goes to these games anyway. even fans who might want to go can't find the arenas. I hate to see this proud college hockey legacy stop just because of pigeons.
    We don't care what you think. It's 8:42 here in the Eastern time zone... and you need to fetch the commissioner some coffee!
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      the communication of the Futile Four is appalling. couldn't throw away phones be purchased and given to the trainers of each team so they could call in results? of course there might be differences for the score of the same game. but the committee could add the two different scores together divide by 2 and reward the game to ... uh ... to the team that's trainer came closest to the final number. this method means actual games wouldn't have to be played. the trainers can just guess how they think their team would have done. does away with travel problems, food issues, renting rinks, transportation. no one goes to these games anyway. even fans who might want to go can't find the arenas. I hate to see this proud college hockey legacy stop just because of pigeons.
      Communications are being handled by Cambridge-Analytica this year. So obviously it's going to take some time to alter them to reflect the desires expressed in Facebook activity of those they wish to sell these results to.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        The committee caps incidental expenses at $25 per team, per trip, so no.
        You should go down to the Pit and pick up some of the phones that the hoppers throw away.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

• What does the committee do with the boatload of cash from the sponsors that's leftover after the tournament is over?
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
            What does the committee do with the boatload of cash from the sponsors that's leftover after the tournament is over?
            Buy a happy meal, because that's all they could afford with it.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Buy a happy meal, because that's all they could afford with it.
              Not even a Happy Meal. I got $2.68 from sponsors, so I am going to Lemonjello's (my city's best coffee shop) and buying a large cup of coffee to go.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                Not even a Happy Meal. I got $2.68 from sponsors, so I am going to Lemonjello's (my city's best coffee shop) and buying a large cup of coffee to go.
                Sales tax??
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Sales tax??
                  The coffee costs $2.50 + tax.

Comment

The coffee costs $2.50 + tax.
                    No tip for carryout? You must not live in America! 😁
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      No tip for carryout? You must not live in America! 😁
                      Lemonjello's has coffee to go. Pay your money, go over to the air pots, fill your cup and leave.

Had the sponsors given me $6, I would have had one of their Mood Lattes.

In tournament news, the Odyssey Showgirls' Lounge has sent their "entertainment" to Lafayette. Looking at the "entertainers," one has saggy boobs, another has a few teeth missing, and one is still dancing at 70.

Comment

Lemonjello's has coffee to go. Pay your money, go over to the air pots, fill your cup and leave.

Had the sponsors given me $6, I would have had one of their Mood Lattes.

In tournament news, the Odyssey Showgirls' Lounge has sent their "entertainment" to Lafayette. Looking at the "entertainers," one has saggy boobs, another has a few teeth missing, and one is still dancing at 70.
                        Guess eTrade cut them from the commercial.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Special note: if the monthly rankings were simply a matter of distaste, I can think of a particular school about 100 miles up US 41 from Marquette that would be number one in perpetuity.

Comment

I should have a result up tomorrow.

Comment

Don't rush it and get it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                                Don't rush it and get it wrong.
                                Waiting on those darn carrier pigeons.

Comment

Working...
                                X