Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Hmm, I'm interested in your take on this. If you can, answer these questions:
    (1) Is Laura Bush more qualified than Elizabeth Warren? (Bush had 6 years of First Lady experience in Texas and 8 years of First Lady experience in the White House; Warren has 4 years of Senate experience)
    (2) Is Laura Bush more qualified than Michelle Obama?
    (3) Is Melania Trump more qualified than any U.S. Representative?
    (1) No. Previous background would give Elizabeth the advantage here. She's been in the public policy space for a long time.
    (2) No. Again, Michele's background is greater than Laura Bush.
    (3) LOL. Melania is not doing what First Lady's normally do. She's deferring doing any public policy work at all. So, she has zero experience. Her choice.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

(1) Is Laura Bush more qualified than Elizabeth Warren? (Bush had 6 years of First Lady experience in Texas and 8 years of First Lady experience in the White House; Warren has 4 years of Senate experience)
      I think Scoob is putting too much weight behind being FL, but it obviously depends how politically engaged the FL is. Melania doesn't appear to be doing anything but hide in Trump Towers. Very different from Clinton.

Comment

Either way all we're doing here is arguing about why the American People elected a complete moron to be President. And why if you're 17 years old or more you've been subjected to the two worst Presidencies in US History.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          (1) No. Previous background would give Elizabeth the advantage here. She's been in the public policy space for a long time..
          plus being native american; this land is her land, this land is our land. from california, to the new york islands.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            Very different from Clinton.
            if only she woulda hid! we'd have single payer going on it's 2nd generation.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              plus being native american; this land is her land, this land is our land. from california, to the new york islands.
              Yep. Which is why she is Hillary 2 if she runs.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Define better shape? Are we talking aesthetically pleasing, which is more symmetrically round or who can go up the stairs without getting out of breath??
                les's choice

Comment

(1) No. Previous background would give Elizabeth the advantage here. She's been in the public policy space for a long time.
                  (2) No. Again, Michele's background is greater than Laura Bush.
                  (3) LOL. Melania is not doing what First Lady's normally do. She's deferring doing any public policy work at all. So, she has zero experience. Her choice.
                  Interesting. I don't necessarily disagree with your answer to 1 or 3...but again, I don't give much weight to being First Lady. I find your answer to 2 very interesting. You state that Michelle Obama's "background" is greater than Laura Bush. So, apparently being a lawyer is worth more than 6 years as First Lady of one of the largest states in the Union, who also has a postgraduate degree. As a lawyer, I find this somewhat flattering, but I have a strong suspicion that if we could swap the two women's "backgrounds" that you would still claim that Michelle Obama's "background" is greater than Laura Bush's. That being said, I think you are viewing these questions with hyper-partisan lenses, but it is interesting to see your take on it.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

If you look at it in an isolated way- I wouldn't put anyone over the other (Melania doesn't count. She seems to be completely disengaged from anything that would normally constitute the First Lady role except on the most superficial level.) But...Wouldn't you consider this on a more comprehensive level? Hillary was first in the White House where she was exposed to many leaders- nationally and internationally, had to form alliances, deal with protocol, go out and be an 'ambassador' for many things. She then progressed to the Senate where she did the usual things, then Sec of State where she again had to deal with people on a national and international level in some very sticky situations. Having been in all 3 roles would make her more well rounded and likely to see nuances than the others.

Of course if you compare her to tRump there is no contest. She is well educated (a downside for most GOP as they have made a concerted effort to denigrate anyone who is educated) in law, has experience on the national and international stage and can handle herself in a diplomatic way (important to me), and even if you argue she is corrupt/ is out to get things for herself she still is better at managing to generate some good along the way. tRump had poor reputation both domestically and internationally in the business community for anyone he had dealt with, if he was educated it has long worn off, he is obviously unable to comport himself in a civil way, never mind diplomatic. He is blatantly out for self-aggrandizement and personal gain- if you can name a single thing that he has done that I would find admirable please do. Picking up the Marine's hat doesn't count. (in the past I have been able to respect Presidents who had policies I didn't agree with- this guy- well, I think not)

this is all on paper. I am unsure how I feel about her as a person. The GOP has managed to make it nearly impossible to figure out what is real about her. he have flooded the media with so many false accusations, done such an excellent job at character assassination that any discussion about her is impossible. You just get people bleating the things they have been told to believe.
                    Last edited by leswp1; 08-08-2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

This country is so ****ed up right now.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...tough-decisive

President Trump early Tuesday shared a report on North Korean cruise missiles based on information from anonymous sources amid his administration's crackdown on leaks.

The president in a tweet shared an article from "Fox & Friends" that says U.S. spy agencies "detected the rogue communist regime loading two anti-ship cruise missiles on a patrol boat on the country’s east coast just days ago."

President Trump early Tuesday shared a report on North Korean cruise missiles based on information from anonymous sources amid his administration's crackdown on leaks.

The president in a tweet shared an article from "Fox & Friends" that says U.S. spy agencies "detected the rogue communist regime loading two anti-ship cruise missiles on a patrol boat on the country’s east coast just days ago."

The report cites anonymous sources in the intelligence community, a practice that Trump often criticizes. Attorney General Jeff Sessions also announced last week that the Department of Justice is considering stricter measures to prevent leaks.

United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley said on Tuesday that the report contains “classified information.”

“I can’t talk about anything that’s classified,” she said on Fox News. “And if that’s in the newspaper that’s a shame. I have no reason to comment on it.”
                      Nikki Haley can't talk about it but the President of the United States can tweet about it.

Comment

for what it's worth, melania has as much chance as arnold schwarzenegger to be president

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          If you look at it in an isolated way- I wouldn't put anyone over the other (Melania doesn't count. She seems to be completely disengaged from anything that would normally constitute the First Lady role except on the most superficial level.) But...Wouldn't you consider this on a more comprehensive level? Hillary was first in the White House where she was exposed to many leaders- nationally and internationally, had to form alliances, deal with protocol, go out and be an 'ambassador' for many things. She then progressed to the Senate where she did the usual things, then Sec of State where she again had to deal with people on a national and international level in some very sticky situations. Having been in all 3 roles would make her more well rounded and likely to see nuances than the others.
                          Don't get me wrong, I believe Clinton is more than qualified for the Presidency, and she certainly had one of the more unique set of qualifications among Presidential nominees in the last 60 years. I also think Trump was arguably the least qualified nominee in the same time frame. However, this tangent sort of got started when ScoobyDoo claimed that Clinton was the most qualified candidate in the last 60 years. I don't believe that is true, at least when looking at her objective qualifications.
                          North Dakota

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I believe Clinton is more than qualified for the Presidency, and she certainly had one of the more unique set of qualifications among Presidential nominees in the last 60 years. I also think Trump was arguably the least qualified nominee in the same time frame. However, this tangent sort of got started when ScoobyDoo claimed that Clinton was the most qualified candidate in the last 60 years. I don't believe that is true, at least when looking at her objective qualifications.
                            I never claimed it wasn't a subjective argument.

Comment

41 was without doubt the most qualified of the last 60 yrs

Comment

I never claimed it wasn't a subjective argument.
                                I just find it interesting that you think Hillary was more qualified as a nominee than say Richard Nixon, Hubert H. Humphrey, Walter Mondale, George H.W. Bush, or Al Gore.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X