Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    You know how I know the Democrats arent ready for Prime Time.
    They nominated a candidate that lost to Trump, you really don't need to look any further than that
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      The thing with the collusion (and everything else) is that with Trump's history in the courts, and given that he IS the POTUS, one better make sure there are ZERO loopholes if one wants to impeach. ANY loophole, and the case starts to fall apart. The recent phone call transcripts, for example, adds a couple bricks to the foundation for a case against Trump and his incompetence.

When the investigators decide to bring the thunder, it's gonna be a sh*storm of epic proportions, because it HAS to be to get the job done.
      Impeachment is a political act with a pinch of legal thrown in. If the Congress wants him out, they just need one article that gets a majority in the House and 67 votes in the Senate.

Andrew Johnson's impeachment was flimsy at best, but had a Congress frothing at the mouth to toss him. Clinton lied, but the judgment of the Senate was that it wasn't worth it.

You're going to need a solid major felony and a Congress frothing at the mouth. Right now, you have neither.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Impeachment is a political act with a pinch of legal thrown in. If the Congress wants him out, they just need one article that gets a majority in the House and 67 votes in the Senate.

Andrew Johnson's impeachment was flimsy at best, but had a Congress frothing at the mouth to toss him. Clinton lied, but the judgment of the Senate was that it wasn't worth it.

You're going to need a solid major felony and a Congress frothing at the mouth. Right now, you have neither.
        And that is why nothing has really happened yet. They need ALL of their ducks in a row.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          "It's treason, then..."

Comment

We don't need or want him impeached. Leave him there to drag the whole GOP parade to a stop and keep the apologists saying stupid things. It's safer for all of us than a fully operational GOP Deathstar and helps us Dems maintain the illusion that were not dumbazzes like the other guys.

Put another way:

Leave him to heaven
            And to those thorns that in the Party's bosom lodge
            To pryk and sting it.
            Last edited by burd; 08-05-2017, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              They = the people investigating.
              You mentioned "investigation after investigation." This time around, that won't happen. It will be one giant monster of an investigation before a "real" action (court case) will happen. Not many lesser cases brought forward. I hope that makes it a little clearer.

And les, as POTUS, you don't think he can draw stuff out longer? I think part of all these hirings/firings are part of that. Keep those pieces moving around, in and out of the game, create more chaos. This time, he has the power of the POTUS behind him, where before he did not have that luxury.
              Yes. I do think that which is why the Ruskies want him in there.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Do you think the people below him are any more competent? It's been well documented that his campaign was completely disorganized and even Kushner has said as much. It's hard to reconcile that with some grand conspiracy and coverup.

I don't think Russia would come right out and admit they were colluding. I'm talking more about giving a journalist some sort of damming bit of information on the Trump campaign. You could be right that they are just biding their time, but the iron is pretty hot right now. And that is with the assumption that the Trump organization has been able to keep everything they have secret. To me those are just way to big of stretches.
              I think there are a lot of people who are street wise and some who are very smart- if misguided. Think of it like a hockey team. You can have a ton of skilled players but when the coach doesn't put forth a plan every player has a different agenda. Things may go well because of the skill level but not necessarily the way every player would wish. I think tRump has skilled people but also some not so skilled dump worshipers. He is constantly going in a bunch of different directions. I think the constant barrage of misinformation provided by [pick who you want] that was very well orchestrated and exquisitely well timed as well as the planners of the Football style rallies made it very hard to lose any of the GOP sheople. I knew one of the original big wigs in his campaign that didn't last all the way to the WH. He was smart but also a sociopath. Self centered pr1ck who made it a habit of bullying and being nasty. He freq got what he wanted because people didn't want to deal with how nasty he got when he was denied. Went round a few times with him. I can't explain the depth of loathing I felt when dealing with him. He still comes on every once in awhile to tell people tRump has to be tRump like this is a good thing. d1nk. (no strong feelings here)

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              You're making a big assumption that Russia was trying to get Trump elected. It seems a lot of posters on here are operating under the assumption that if Trump won Russia would get X or Y which was their motivation in supporting him. I've read a few theories in the WSJ that Russia's goal more than anything else was to cause chaos, which makes more sense to me than trying to collude with a candidate who is completely unpredictable and unorganized. This leads me to think if they had much dirt on him it would get leaked. Recall right after the election the story about him in Moscow came out. Who do you think fed that to the British guy who was writing the report on Trump?

Is there any evidence that either Russia or Russians hold a lot of Trump debt?
              I've seen it alluded to different places but never seen any evidence of it. My theory on Trump not releasing his tax returns is it is either a bargaining chip or it would help prove that he doesn't have all that much money. There is no money in golf and AC has been dying for over 25 years. He probably does have some profitable properties, but at best I would think they would only offset the ones that aren't.
              Question of the year. A number of media outlets were publishing some very interesting circumstantial evidence. Every time one of the in depth articles came out tRump would do something outrageous and they would go un-noticed. Also it might mean people actually would have to read something.... Too lazy to google but I remember one on his company dealings, one on his business failures/ practices.

I think Russia was looking to disable the functioning of our government. Mission accomplished. They don't need us to give them something. They are quite willing to take it for themselves. They just don't want us in the way.

You can't understand why they would collude with him because he is unpredictable and disorganized. I will say what I said before. He is extremely predictable. I had patients with his personality disorder. I could predict how the visit was going to go before I walked in the room. I was rarely wrong- not because I was brilliant but because they are that predictable. You may not be able to pick exactly what he is going to do but you can prod him with certain triggers and he will respond like a horse broken to the saddle. Stroke his ego- he will preen and seek more stroking. Tell him he is wrong in any way and he will deny he was wrong, attack the person saying it, try to say it didn't happen, etc. Look back. If you look at it objectively he has a very clear pattern. Macron figured him out already. Stroked him and he backed off of Macron. Putin is even more clever. He started praising him then he lets the official press do the nasty. Now he flip flops between praising tRump and calling him dumb. Trump likes the praise so he keeps trying to get more. He is very careful to only say nice stuff to Putin. Take all the politics out and really look at the pattern. It is very distinct.

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              I won $320 today at Saratoga on a horse named Trumpi.
              well it doesn't count unless he won the popular vote!!!
              Last edited by leswp1; 08-05-2017, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                We don't need or want him impeached. Leave him there to drag the whole GOP parade to a stop and keep the apologists saying stupid things. It's safer for all of us than a fully operational GOP Deathstar and helps us Dems maintain the illusion that were not dumbazzes like the other guys.

Put another way:

Leave him to heaven
                And to those thorns that in the Party's bosom lodge
                To pryk and sting it.
                lolololol whut? You may want to check with many others here about that........
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The thing with the collusion (and everything else) is that with Trump's history in the courts
                  You're talking out your ***. You don't know **** about Trump's history in the courts other than he has plenty of experience in BANKRUPTCY court and gets sued (and settles, sometimes paying out of his charity) a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    You're talking out your ***. You don't know **** about Trump's history in the courts other than he has plenty of experience in BANKRUPTCY court and gets sued (and settles, sometimes paying out of his charity) a lot.
                    Re-read your post. THAT'S why the investigators want to have no loopholes. They don't want any settlement, no payout, no way out. They want him to be fully punished to the full extent of the law. They want his arse on a stick, and they will get it, eventually.

Next?

Comment

Sorry burd, but Dump has to go. We need a leveler head in the Oval Office, even if that person is 'lawful evil' Pence. You could argue that Kelly will keep Dump in check, but so far there's little evidence that he has much of any sway over the guy when it comes to major decision-making. Plus, the way Dump operates, we know Kelly could be fired by the end of next week if he so desires.

Comment

Re-read your post. THAT'S why the investigators want to have no loopholes. They don't want any settlement, no payout, no way out. They want him to be fully punished to the full extent of the law. They want his arse on a stick, and they will get it, eventually.

Next?
                        W T F Brent
                        This isn't a civil trial. He can't settle an impeachment trial.

You're talking out your ***. Stop with the "*** on a stick" BS.
                        Obviously they need sufficient evidence to bring charges.

Next?
                        Last edited by BassAle; 08-05-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

W T F Brent
                          This isn't a civil trial. He can't settle an impeachment trial.

Next?
                          You do understand I want his arse nailed to a wall. Yet you still come after me like I'm an enemy. So, in short, here's my arse, and you can eat it. Next?

Comment

You do understand I want his arse nailed to a wall. Yet you still come after me like I'm an enemy. So, in short, here's my arse, and you can eat it. Next?
                            I don't give a **** if you want his *** nailed to a wall. I'm just calling you out for talking out your ***..

Comment

I don't give a **** if you want his *** nailed to a wall. I'm just calling you out for talking out your ***..
                              Quite the blowhard, aren't ya?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Sorry burd, but Dump has to go. We need a leveler head in the Oval Office, even if that person is 'lawful evil' Pence.
                                The likelihood that Pence will start WW3 because he can't hardly wait to see His Own Personal Jesus is considerably less than the likelihood that Trump will start WW3 as the ultimate deflection.

Trump is an existential threat to the species. He has to go.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X