Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    "The one they are from" meaning where you were born, or where you currently live?

If the former, are you high? If the latter, is there anyone who actually disagrees with that?
    More the latter. I guess the best way to put it would be where you have the strongest connections. Everyone has a different situation, obviously. Ive lived in MA for awhile but don't have any family here or own any land like I do in Maine. Even though I'm technically a MA citizen I don't feel like I'm vested at all in the state and don't think I should be influencing their politics. This will probably change over time and I will eventually vote down here.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I'm assuming he means the birthplace of your paternal grandfather. Anything else would just be crazy.
      So when Augustus decrees a census should be taken we all return to our homelands and vote. Note to self, try to get wife pregnant right round then. Will suck for kid in the short term, but will be good in the long term.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Did Hilly win? Did Bernie win?

I think it might be time for AA mookie
        Yous said Dems don't like em. Dems put them out there. Seems like the independent minded were the ones who voted elsewhere
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Flag comes in here every day for ten years working his fingers to the bone and you waltz in and absent-mindedly drop the single most bizarre political comment in Cafe history.

By miles.

Credit where it's due: that's the most perverse thing I've ever heard. And I've been to the North Country.
          the funny thing is, he's not the first person I've ever heard say that.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            More the latter. I guess the best way to put it would be where you have the strongest connections. Everyone has a different situation, obviously. Ive lived in MA for awhile but don't have any family here or own any land like I do in Maine. Even though I'm technically a MA citizen I don't feel like I'm vested at all in the state and don't think I should be influencing their politics. This will probably change over time and I will eventually vote down here.
            Yeah but you still live there, pay taxes there, and are affected on a daily basis by the decisions you that the government makes there. I mean, when I moved from VA to CA I didn't have the attachment to local politics immediately, but part of voting where you live is what forms that and gives you a stake.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I'd love to join in on the dogpile, but I just wanted to post this article from Politico about the grand jury Mueller is using. It's a really good article.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...15458?lo=ap_c1

One thing to note is this was a grand jury that was already convened. This is not a special grand jury. This grand jury could potentially hear a number of different cases not necessarily from Mueller. Or so I've heard on POTUS XM.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't live in my home state anymore and haven't voted in 10+ years. I don't think people should be allowed to vote in any state but the one they are from. I don't expect anyone to agree with me.
                Ha, I said up front I didn't think people would agree with it. It's irritating in Maine that you have people from away deciding Maine's future. That is the reason I feel that way.
                Holy Shyt is about all I can say. Do your parents know you are on their computer?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Yeah but you still live there, pay taxes there, and are affected on a daily basis by the decisions you that the government makes there. I mean, when I moved from VA to CA I didn't have the attachment to local politics immediately, but part of voting where you live is what forms that and gives you a stake.
                  As long as you own land like drew types you can vote, sure.

Or pay the pole tax

Or that reading test

Or show a national ID card

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Here's my question:

In the infinitesimal chance two states shift borders and a large city moves from one state to another, where would you vote in Drew's world?
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      As long as you own land like drew types you can vote, sure.

Or pay the pole tax

Or that reading test

Or show a national ID card

The more elections I see, the less I think of a reading test as bad policy.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Here's my question:

In the infinitesimal chance two states shift borders and a large city moves from one state to another, where would you vote in Drew's world?
                        You'd lose your right to vote. Bye Bye.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ha, I said up front I didn't think people would agree with it. It's irritating in Maine that you have people from away deciding Maine's future. That is the reason I feel that way.
                          that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard (which is pretty much my thought any time I read one of your posts).

the people that live here, work here, pay taxes here, have kids in school here, should be deciding Maine's future regardless of where there parents and grand parents were born.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Or pay the pole tax
                            Hmm.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              You'd lose your right to vote. Bye Bye.
                              I don't want to limit people's right to vote. That isn't the point even a little bit. People should vote in the place they are most invested in. I care about Maine and Mainers(even BassAle ) much more than I do Massachusetts. I'd love to still be able to vote in Maine and I follow the elections up there much more closely even though I don't live there anymore.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I don't live in my home state anymore and haven't voted in 10+ years. I don't think people should be allowed to vote in any state but the one they are from. I don't expect anyone to agree with me.
                                Depends on what is considered to be your "home state". Hence why some places have 30 day requirements. Just out of curiosity, what about those from territories, or military bases?

Comment

Working...
                                X