Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
    James Madison just called and said "FU mookie".
    Like Dolly let's him use the phone
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Living in the Bay Area, I think any house costing $500K and being more than 100 sqft is cute and quaint.
      Sure, and I'm betting in Boston, $500k isn't going to buy much. But neither are anywhere near an "average" town. The claim is that in average towns, you can't get 1000 ft^2 for $400k. That doesn't sound like an average town to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Have a look at Woburn. It's about 10 miles north of the city and in my opinion is known as a very average town. If anything it is known as a little on the not nice side. I say this because someone from my wife's family is selling a house there and my wife mentioned the listing a month ago or so. The house is about 1200 sq ft, at least 50 years old, only one bathroom and hasn't been updated in a long time yet is listed at $450K. I realize it might not actually sell at that price but you get the idea.

Lewsp post was absolutely bang on in every way. The basic problem is the area as a whole has done an awful job in planning for growth(not a left-right issue.) They take a piece of land, say 20 acres, and instead of building 50 1500 sq ft houses will build six 3500 sq ft houses. There obviously should be some larger houses built, but not every one. It's created a situation where there just aren't many smaller houses and there is obviously a lot of demand for them which increases the prices to crazy levels.

In a lot of ways we have a different issue than NY or SF. In those places there are just tons of people in a small space. For us here I think there is enough space available, it has just been divided in a poor way.

As far as your SIL, you might be surprised. It really depends on the town and how far from the city it is though.
        Nope- 10 miles from a high priced, major metropolitan area, that has a shortage of space does NOT make it average. Not what so ever.

Heck, that's inside the I95 belt.

My SIL is another 30 miles farther from Btown than that.

Deerfield would be closer to average.

Washington DC and New York share the same problem- but other areas don't. Very much don't. So you can't make an extrapolation for the rest of Mass based on a town so close to downtown Boston.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          If Mccain had picked anyone other than Sarah Palin as his VP nominee, you wouldn't have Barack Obama.

But Sarah was inspirational, and got people excited to vote....................
          Stop.

No R, not even Ronald Reagan, was going to win following W. no chance in hell.

Comment

tD won NH cause it's a drug infested den

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              "I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."

"They are not going to be wonderful people who go on to work for the local milk people."

Yikes.
              So, in that extended quote, he says they have to be bad people because they're in prison. But there are people held in refugee detention centers simply because they have literally nowhere else to go, right? I'm not missing some detail about this, am I?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                But were you McCain > Obama otherwise?
                I had not decided at that point but when he announced her, the decision was made. My initial concern with Obama in 2008 was that he wasn't seasoned enough, you know? Was probably going to vote for him, but would have totally been able to live with McCain. Then when he decided on her as his running mate, well, yeah, no.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Nope- 10 miles from a high priced, major metropolitan area, that has a shortage of space does NOT make it average. Not what so ever.

Heck, that's inside the I95 belt.

My SIL is another 30 miles farther from Btown than that.

Deerfield would be closer to average.

Washington DC and New York share the same problem- but other areas don't. Very much don't. So you can't make an extrapolation for the rest of Mass based on a town so close to downtown Boston.
                  Part of Woburn is and part isn't. NY has five times the population. We had the land to not have these issues, but when you have two to three acres for each house you artificially drive up the price.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    There is a big difference between uninspiring and untrustworthy, dishonest, and unlikable. To say Hillary was somewhere along the lines of a Kasich type candidate is completely false.
                    Compared to Trump, Hillary should've looked like Abraham farking Lincoln to anyone with an ounce of discernment. One is a pathological liar and narcissist, the other is simply a standard politician.
                    Last edited by unofan; 08-03-2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Part of Woburn is and part isn't. NY has five times the population. We had the land to not have these issues, but when you have two to three acres for each house you artificially drive up the price.
                      It's a short commute to Boston. By that, it's completely influenced by the Boston real estate market. Therefore, it's not an "average town".

In my SIL's town, which is still easily in the Boston commuter area, you can get more than 1000 ft for $400k. I looked.

Boston, NY, DC, Chicago, SF- all are areas that they dominate the real estate market within 100 miles. Not average.

Find "average" and you will find you can get a 2000 ft^2 home for $300k. Heck in Amherst, the median home price is $321k.

So your theory about every young person can't get a 1000 ft^2 home for $400k in all of Mass is wrong. Facts are facts.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Compared to Trump, Hillary should've looked like Abraham farking Lincoln to anyone with an ounce of discernment. One is a pathological liar and narcissist, the other is simply a staggers politician.
                        and yet, she still lost. stop making drew's point

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                          It's a short commute to Boston. By that, it's completely influenced by the Boston real estate market. Therefore, it's not an "average town".

In my SIL's town, which is still easily in the Boston commuter area, you can get more than 1000 ft for $400k. I looked.

Boston, NY, DC, Chicago, SF- all are areas that they dominate the real estate market within 100 miles. Not average.

Find "average" and you will find you can get a 2000 ft^2 home for $300k. Heck in Amherst, the median home price is $321k.

So your theory about every young person can't get a 1000 ft^2 home for $400k in all of Mass is wrong. Facts are facts.
                          sure, people can live in lawrence or brockton if they wanna....

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            and yet, she still lost. stop making drew's point
                            The point that roughly 60 million people would vote for Hitler so long as he has an R after his name? No one's disputing that at this point.

Comment

Fox News: "So what's diplomatic options do you have left to force China to deal with North Korea?"

Sebastian Gorka, deputy asst. to President Trump: "Twitter."

No. Seriously. According to the Trump's office, Twitter is our new diplomatic tool.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

What town is your SIL in? Does she commute into the city?

Certainly you can find towns in mass... especially as you move farther west, where real estate becomes reasonable, but many of them are not a viable choice for someone who works in and around Boston.

Comment

Working...
                                X