Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Depends on what is considered to be your "home state". Hence why some places have 30 day requirements. Just out of curiosity, what about those from territories, or military bases?
    I guess they would have to pick a state. I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to change states either. Maybe a similar setup to declaring which country you're going to play for in sports. My comments are more around my own personal situation than anyone else's. I was originally trying to clarify why I didn't vote in 2012 or 2016.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I guess they would have to pick a state. I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to change states either. Maybe a similar setup to declaring which country you're going to play for in sports. My comments are more around my own personal situation than anyone else's. I was originally trying to clarify why I didn't vote in 2012 or 2016.
      if you don't feel connected enough to vote on local issues, why not just skip those and at least vote in the presidential election? How long have you been in Mass? How much have you paid in local and state taxes over that time? Don't you think you deserve a say in how that money is spent?

Comment

I don't want to limit people's right to vote. That isn't the point even a little bit. People should vote in the place they are most invested in. I care about Maine and Mainers(even BassAle ) much more than I do Massachusetts. I'd love to still be able to vote in Maine and I follow the elections up there much more closely even though I don't live there anymore.
        Listening to that makes you less bat$hit crazy. What you want is to decide what state you vote in. You can't vote in 2 states, so you choose to vote in the state that you care about more. Which makes some sense.

But that does eliminate you from giving a crap about your local Mass votes- city and state. Complain all you want, but you are voluntarily giving up the right to YOUR future so that you can decide on the future of another state.

And for that, it make zero sense at all that you would do that. You live, pay taxes, get the state benefits (roads, schools, etc) in the state you live in, but are willing to let other choose the path. You can do that, with a mail in ballot.

But just because YOU want to do that does not mean the rest of us should have to- my investment is where I am, so right now, that's Michigan. Done.

Without a doubt, the moment I left the state I was from, I could care less about it, and was much more interested in Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Vs. the overall question of Russian intervention, that is 100% irrelevant.

And that's the problem- dump wants to paint the WHOLE question as a hunt against him. It's not- it's MUCH larger than that- it's also about them hacking our voting machines, ANY influence on ANY candidate (dump got involved because his people got caught).

If we ignore the whole situation because one part of it may or may not be guilty, that is bad.

You can't tell me that it's ok that a foreign country can force some influence on our elections and democracy.
          Drew- since you have not posted anything about this, is it safe to assume you are ok with foreign countries (regardless of what country) meddling in our elections (regardless of what meddling that is)?

Comment

If you are from Maine the worst possible thing you could become is a Mass hole, so i see where Drew is coming from

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Here's my question:

In the infinitesimal chance two states shift borders and a large city moves from one state to another, where would you vote in Drew's world?
              You'd just go buy ten more gunz

Comment

I wanted to vote for Clinton last November, but I didn't think I should be able to do it from Wisconsin because I'm not from here and didn't have time to go back to where I grew up to send my vote in, so I just left it up to native Wisconsonites to decide.

To tell the truth, I don't think Wisconsinites should be able to vote for a Presidential candidate unless that candidate is from Wisconsin because New Yorkers and New Jerseyans? don't know shyt about Wausau or LaCrosse and shouldn't be influencing our politics.

Now that I think about it, we already have governors, so W TF.

Comment

More the latter. I guess the best way to put it would be where you have the strongest connections. Everyone has a different situation, obviously. Ive lived in MA for awhile but don't have any family here or own any land like I do in Maine. Even though I'm technically a MA citizen I don't feel like I'm vested at all in the state and don't think I should be influencing their politics. This will probably change over time and I will eventually vote down here.
                  So why didn't you vote absentee in Maine, using the address of the land you own? Unless they have a strict residency requirement (as opposed to a domicile requirement - which you'd apparently meet since you still consider Maine your home), and you only vote once, I don't see the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    So why didn't you vote absentee in Maine, using the address of the land you own? Unless they have a strict residency requirement (as opposed to a domicile requirement - which you'd apparently meet since you still consider Maine your home), and you only vote once, I don't see the issue.
                    You're absolutely right, and it's something I've thought about. The trouble is do I then have to file a Maine tax return? It wouldn't really cost me much more if anything in taxes, but is more complexity than I need. It's hard to mix and match.
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I wanted to vote for Clinton last November, but I didn't think I should be able to do it from Wisconsin because I'm not from here and didn't have time to go back to where I grew up to send my vote in, so I just left it up to native Wisconsonites to decide.

To tell the truth, I don't think Wisconsinites should be able to vote for a Presidential candidate unless that candidate is from Wisconsin because New Yorkers and New Jerseyans? don't know shyt about Wausau or LaCrosse and shouldn't be influencing our politics.

Now that I think about it, we already have governors, so W TF.
                      People in the Northwest Territory shouldn't be voting for President, clearly.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        People in the Northwest Territory shouldn't be voting for President, clearly.
                        None of it?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          If you are from Maine the worst possible thing you could become is a Mass hole, so i see where Drew is coming from

Wasn't Maine part of Massachusetts??
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            If you are from Maine the worst possible thing you could become is a Masshole, so i see where Drew is coming from
                            That's fair point - the world definitely needs fewer Rovers.

Comment

You're absolutely right, and it's something I've thought about. The trouble is do I then have to file a Maine tax return? It wouldn't really cost me much more if anything in taxes, but is more complexity than I need. It's hard to mix and match.
                              Maine might make you file a non-resident or part-year resident return, but only for income earned "in" Maine. I had to do the non-resident filing for the 4 days I worked in Portland last year. So if you work from your home in Maine part of the time, you'd have to report that to your employer so they can make the appropriate payroll deductions, and you'd be subject to Maine income taxes for the portion of the time you worked there.

Otherwise, if you're working all of your hours in Massachusetts, then you should only owe Maine the property taxes that I assume you're already paying. But as uno said, they might have a residency requirement for you to remain registered to vote there.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Wasn't Maine part of Massachusetts??
                                Yes until 1823, we've hated them since

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X