Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Russia is definitely in it for the long haul. They want complete chaos for US politics. You know all those African countries where gov't changes regimes every few months because of revolts/coups/etc? That is what Russia wants for us. Complete disarray.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      The thing with the collusion (and everything else) is that with Trump's history in the courts, and given that he IS the POTUS, one better make sure there are ZERO loopholes if one wants to impeach. ANY loophole, and the case starts to fall apart. The recent phone call transcripts, for example, adds a couple bricks to the foundation for a case against Trump and his incompetence.

When the investigators decide to bring the thunder, it's gonna be a sh*storm of epic proportions, because it HAS to be to get the job done.
      Most of the time he won because he was able to draw things out to the point that people ran out of money or patience. He got away with a lot of things because he screwed people that could not afford to come after him. Owes/owed millions but mostly from screwing a large number of people not a few big ones. Anything he had that was a huge screw up he simply sold and screwed everyone involved.

Comment

IMO, that is a big reason for this drawn-out wait. They don't want to, and cannot, fail. They want to do this once, and have it done right, and have it done without any questioning.
        I guess I don't understand, Brent. Who do you mean by "they?" There certainly has not been a drawn out wait to this point, at least not compared to Clinton investigations. The GOP spent decades investigating Clintons and that worked to their favor. The longer investigations are drawn out, the less difference it makes if they fail.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          I guess I don't understand, Brent. Who do you mean by "they?" There certainly has not been a drawn out wait to this point, at least not compared to Clinton investigations. The GOP spent decades investigating Clintons and that worked to their favor. The longer investigations are drawn out, the less difference it makes if they fail.
          They = the people investigating.
          You mentioned "investigation after investigation." This time around, that won't happen. It will be one giant monster of an investigation before a "real" action (court case) will happen. Not many lesser cases brought forward. I hope that makes it a little clearer.

And les, as POTUS, you don't think he can draw stuff out longer? I think part of all these hirings/firings are part of that. Keep those pieces moving around, in and out of the game, create more chaos. This time, he has the power of the POTUS behind him, where before he did not have that luxury.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            No! It's been going on since the beginning of time though. It is something our country actively does. It is something out countries do to each other. This isn't some sort of new thing. I would be a lot more concerned if anyone interfered with the actual votes. We should be a lot more careful as far as making sure there is a foolproof way that votes are made and counted.
            So, then, why are you so interested in stopping the investigation? You want it to end because nobody has been charged with anything, yet.

You seem to diminish this by saying that it's been going on forever- seems to me that this is going on at a very new level. And there are new vulnerabilities that you seem to want to brush off as not a new thing. Do you really think our country goes and hacks into other countries leaders to leak bad information about it? Many call what was done an act of war- which may be a little extreme, but maybe it was farther than we think.

Still- given the way dumps idiots have been found- via simple phone calls to someone they should have KNOWN were going to have their phones tapped- they can easily collude to damage Secretary Clinton. This is one of those things that it does not take much effort, as it's not nearly some major operation that requires some high tech operation. This is just dump jr going to a meeting with the intention of getting dirt on Secretary Clinton. That's what he was told would happen, and that's what he wanted to happen.

Right there, it very much appears that there's some collusion- jr went to the russians to get information that was actually illegal to get. Not sure how you can brush that off so easily- he admitted that was true. But since he claims to not have gotten info, that it's ok??? Seriously?

On the other hand, we see dump come up with stuff against Secretary Clinton in ways he never had- and oddly enough, the russians did.

And the topper- the investigation as a whole. If dump comes out and says- "my guy had nothing to do with it, BUT we need to get to the bottom of this, and I fully support the investigation" that would be a very good indicator that he had nothing to do with it. Instead, we get- this is a witch hunt and we need to stop this at all costs. Again, the whole start of the investigation was to dig into the interference. Once it was found out that many of dumps transition team were in phone conversations with the russians, then we got a special investigator.

So it's interesting that you can put some very loose things together and say that Secretary Clinton should go to jail, but you can't put that together to see there are some real possibilities that bad things went on.

Oh, well.

Comment

The thing with the collusion (and everything else) is that with Trump's history in the courts, and given that he IS the POTUS, one better make sure there are ZERO loopholes if one wants to impeach. ANY loophole, and the case starts to fall apart. The recent phone call transcripts, for example, adds a couple bricks to the foundation for a case against Trump and his incompetence.

When the investigators decide to bring the thunder, it's gonna be a sh*storm of epic proportions, because it HAS to be to get the job done.
              We should remind ourselves that if dump gets anything against him to end the Presidency of his, it won't be in a court. It will start in the house, and move to the senate. There is no court.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                I don't think most of us would say this is new. The difference, IMHO, is the precision with which it can be carried out. All the research re psychology of marketing, social media etc is much more specific than it has been. Also it would not surprise me that actual ballots could be messed with altho I haven't seen anything about this yet that is hard evidence. I am not sure that is something that would come out. Most of the things leaked have leaked because the Admin is trying to cover things up and leaks stymied that. Heard an interesting analysis of why people leak things and the consensus is currently it is to protect the country from the inner enemy- Trump et al.

I am of 2 opinions about Trump. The man we see now has completely decompensated, is in full blown megalomania. Before it would seem that he had some fluid boundaries regarding what he thought he could get away with and what he thought he would need to do on the sly to get what he wanted. He also wasn't under the microscope as much so things may have slipped thru without being noted. As time has gone on he has become more emboldened. He now does things blatantly with no care for consequences and sees himself as invincible. He most definitely has lost his grip on reality and is behaving more and more bizarrely. I don't think you can judge previous actions by his blatant actions now. He has devolved over time.

I don't think Trump is a particularly smart man as in planning things on his own but I think he is an evil genius at seeing something he wants and using people to get what he wants. He has no conscience or sense of right and wrong that would stop him from trying to get what he wanted. It would not surprise me one bit that people working for him did things totally illegally. It would not surprise me if he knew they planned to do illegal things or had knowledge afterwards even if he didn't actually do them himself. It would not surprise me if he was approached, told they would help him be elected if he followed along. All of these do not require much planning, organization or thought on his part.

I would never make that bet. I can see no benefit for Russia to admit they did anything. They are in it for the long haul. 1) Trump just recently went completely round the bend. For all he is a nut he is fairly predictable and easily manipulated. Stroke his ego and you can do just about anything. 2)He has an obvious need to please Putin. He is more useful when he is trying to do that. 3) As long as he is in the WH they have a president who is ineffectual, weak, not trusted or respected by other world leaders. What better way to sow confusion that having someone who can't rally and may mess up any plan for the 'Free world. 4) having him continually sow doubt among his followers is way more useful to them than admitting they did something- divide and conquer is more effective than facing a united pi55ed off enemy.
                Do you think the people below him are any more competent? It's been well documented that his campaign was completely disorganized and even Kushner has said as much. It's hard to reconcile that with some grand conspiracy and coverup.

I don't think Russia would come right out and admit they were colluding. I'm talking more about giving a journalist some sort of damming bit of information on the Trump campaign. You could be right that they are just biding their time, but the iron is pretty hot right now. And that is with the assumption that the Trump organization has been able to keep everything they have secret. To me those are just way to big of stretches.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You know how I know the Democrats arent ready for Prime Time...Stuff Like This

if you invited 20 Democratic and/or liberal partisans to a four-star, five-course meal at the finest restaurant in all Provence, at least eight of them would get up, cross the room, and start fighting over who gets to eat out of the dog's bowl. Presented with a legitimate national crisis in the White House, and presented with the golden political opportunity that said crisis is almost entirely the fault of the Republican Party, which has demonstrated that it is wholly incapable of handling it, the Democratic Party has a chance to realign the electoral map over (at least) the next four years. All that's required is shrewdness, patience, and the ability to resist cannibalizing themselves long enough to watch the dry rot collapse the other side entirely.

Fat fcking chance.

Right at the moment, the main issues within the Democratic Party seem to be, in no particular order: Kamala Harris: Threat or Menace?; Cory Booker: Sure, Legal Weed But Wall Street?; and, that evergreen squabble, Bernie Or Hillary; Why 2016 Will Never End. This is like that old Twilight Zone episode where The Major, The Clown, The Tramp, and The Bagpiper are all stuck in a windowless, impenetrable tube. Eventually, we discover that these characters are all dolls, and that the container is filled with a little kid's playthings. The current counterproductive exercises render promising Democratic politicians—including Harris and Booker—into toys for the ideological imagination, and not real people with the real potential to help end the political and governmental crisis in which the country placed itself last November.
                  The Democrats are already starting to eat their own. Kamala Harris has gone from a hero for persisting to now being labelled a villain by many in the party. (they are attacking her for being a sellout as well cause she dares talk to donors) Booker is now persona non-grata cause he dared fight for legalized weed. These nimrods with their high browed principles looking down on everyone with their noses turned up are going to destroy this country.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

IMO, that is a big reason for this drawn-out wait. They don't want to, and cannot, fail. They want to do this once, and have it done right, and have it done without any questioning.
                    I believe the phrase from The Wire is " If you come at the King, you best not miss."
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      We should remind ourselves that if dump gets anything against him to end the Presidency of his, it won't be in a court. It will start in the house, and move to the senate. There is no court.
                      See my tagline: I'm anti-Semantic.

We are on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        I would bet everything I own that if Russia had anything on Trump colluding with them they would a million percent leak it. They want nothing more than to cause chaos in our country and that most certainly would do the trick. There are many things you can criticize Trump fairly for but Russia is not one of them.
                        This makes little sense in just one quick thought. If the Russians did collude with trump to get him elected, why would they then reveal his criminal actions which would then lead -- even with a republican congress -- to his eventual removal from office? You have so twisted yourself into knots saying on the one hand you don't support trump (even supported Obama -- but of course since you haven't voted in years what the hell does that even mean) but then come on here and excuse 90% of what he's said and done that I'm not even sure how you make sense to yourself.

The Russians own a lot of trump debt. His tax returns might reveal the extent of his debt and who his major creditors are. They would also likely reveal he is not the successful businessman he claims to be. Why else would trump refuse to reveal his returns and thus his true wealth? After all he is a blowhard who wants to inflate everything about himself to such a degree that most observers, including many mental health experts, believe it reveals deep and troubling mental health issues. That the Russians own his debt means the Russian mob owns his debt, because there is less of a distinction between the Russian mob and the Russian government than there is between Hostess Ho Hos and Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. Hence they interfere with our elections to the extent they can to help get trump into the White House.

Maybe he was gonna win anyway? Well who cares? If you shoot a man with terminal lung cancer dead 2 weeks before he was going to die from the cancer you have still committed murder. The Russians wanted trump in the White House, and if they did help him get there they won't be happy if he get tossed out on his ear like Dick Nixon. trump is lucky ex-presidents enjoy Secret Service protection for life because Russian mobsters don't play around. It has been said by many they make the Sicilian/Italian mob look like the legitimate businessmen they claim to be.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          This makes little sense in just one quick thought. If the Russians did collude with trump to get him elected, why would they then reveal his criminal actions which would then lead -- even with a republican congress -- to his eventual removal from office? You have so twisted yourself into knots saying on the one hand you don't support trump (even supported Obama -- but of course since you haven't voted in years what the hell does that even mean) but then come on here and excuse 90% of what he's said and done that I'm not even sure how you make sense to yourself.

The Russians own a lot of trump debt. His tax returns might reveal the extent of his debt and who his major creditors are. They would also likely reveal he is not the successful businessman he claims to be. Why else would trump refuse to reveal his returns and thus his true wealth? After all he is a blowhard who wants to inflate everything about himself to such a degree that most observers, including many mental health experts, believe it reveals deep and troubling mental health issues. That the Russians own his debt means the Russian mob owns his debt, because there is less of a distinction between the Russian mob and the Russian government than there is between Hostess Ho Hos and Little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls. Hence they interfere with our elections to the extent they can to help get trump into the White House.

Maybe he was gonna win anyway? Well who cares? If you shoot a man with terminal lung cancer dead 2 weeks before he was going to die from the cancer you have still committed murder. The Russians wanted trump in the White House, and if they did help him get there they won't be happy if he get tossed out on his ear like Dick Nixon. trump is lucky ex-presidents enjoy Secret Service protection for life because Russian mobsters don't play around. It has been said by many they make the Sicilian/Italian mob look like the legitimate businessmen they claim to be.
                          You're making a big assumption that Russia was trying to get Trump elected. It seems a lot of posters on here are operating under the assumption that if Trump won Russia would get X or Y which was their motivation in supporting him. I've read a few theories in the WSJ that Russia's goal more than anything else was to cause chaos, which makes more sense to me than trying to collude with a candidate who is completely unpredictable and unorganized. This leads me to think if they had much dirt on him it would get leaked. Recall right after the election the story about him in Moscow came out. Who do you think fed that to the British guy who was writing the report on Trump?

Is there any evidence that either Russia or Russians hold a lot of Trump debt? I've seen it alluded to different places but never seen any evidence of it. My theory on Trump not releasing his tax returns is it is either a bargaining chip or it would help prove that he doesn't have all that much money. There is no money in golf and AC has been dying for over 25 years. He probably does have some profitable properties, but at best I would think they would only offset the ones that aren't.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Faux isn't even trying anymore. Sad!

Comment

Any enemy of the United States would love to see Trump in the White House, and it was evident during the campaign. He was thoroughly unprepared to discuss foreign policy matters, showed a total lack of impulse control, and was demonstrably lazy in his preparation for speeches and debates. He did not say controversial shyt, he said stupid shyt. Couple that with a total lack of experience in governing and a business career littered with failures and bankruptcies, he was an obvious choice as Incompetent in Charge. If you were a country that would benefit from weak America, Trump was made to order.

Our enemies could see it, but the GOP could not.

Comment

I won $320 today at Saratoga on a horse named Trumpi.
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X