Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    So you're in favor of pre-emptive action?
    I'll just say this; it's not a surprise that this is coming to a head when we've elected a complete disaster for a president.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

I think he'll defer to people smarter than him, which is the best we can hope for in the situation.
    No, the best we can hope for in this situation is for the leaders in congress to go to him and let him know he is failing America and he needs to step aside. While I have no illusions Pence is a better person than trump I know he is a pragmatic politician and is much more likely to seek out advice from experienced military and diplomatic leaders in something like this. I don't expect that but I hope for it. All of you rubes who hold out the naive hope that some day, at some point, during some crisis trump will suddenly begin acting presidential are pathetic. It's absurd and idiotic to believe that someone wholly unqualified to be president on November 8, 2016 will EVER become qualified. trump has effed up every single thing he has done so far as president, and what we've faced so far are just the possibilities of how bad things could get. The notion that he'll react "presidential" if we face a 9-11 again, or an actual Pearl Harbor, or Hell, even a hurricane Katrina is the height of stupidity.

And has been pointed out, trump already believes he is the smartest guy in any room he's in and he knows more about ISIS than the generals. Why would he suddenly believe there are generals who know more about North Korea. My God man, at least tell me you know the difference between the red lights and the green lights for those who have to drive in the town you live in.

One thing we know: For people like Drew and flaggy (and there are a lot of them), Trump can do or say anything, and he will still have their support.

You do know there is something you can do to alleviate a situation besides fighting right?

BTW I dont want a President that "defers to those smarter than him". If he isnt smart enough to do the job he shouldnt have the job. That the Right is so in favor of electing people who have no business having the job is beyond me. Bush deferring to those smarter than him got us into the Iraq War. Reagan deferring to those smarter than him got us in trouble all over the place...

Of course the average 12 year is smarter than Trump who doesnt even know Israel is in the Middle East.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Would you let them be capable of hitting the U.S. with nuclear weapons? I don't think he'll nuke them, nor should he. The mostly likely outcomes are some sort of regime change or peace deal. It would be interesting to know what north korea's population thinks of everything. It's crazy that in today's world they can be so cut off from everyone else.
    Until he demonstrates he can, I wouldn't worry about it. So far, all I've seen, is he can't.

Otherwise, all you big brave patriotic conservatives are just huddling in a corner pizzing yourselves in fear about a lot of nothing, just like you did after 9/11.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    In all seriousness, NK's are taught from day 1 that the US started WWII, amongst other things. The NK version of history is all that most know. Not surprising at all.
    Sources, please, or we just have to assume that you're making crap up.

Just a boring user.

A less sucky president would not have to deal with making that decision. Nor would he/she would have to even threaten it.

Some of you guys seem to WANT powers like Iran and NK to become nuclear just so that we have the excuse to spend money killing other people instead of taking care of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Sources, please, or we just have to assume that you're making crap up.
    Under The Sun (documentary, which oddly enough was supposed to be a propaganda movie), along with other documentaries.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

rock and roller

I think he'll defer to people smarter than him, which is the best we can hope for in the situation. He wants adoration, and some sort of peace 'deal' with NK would be a huge win for him, at least in his mind.
    Not as big a win as blowing them off the face of the earth.

So far the only adoration he's gotten have been when he got a Navy SEAL killed in a botched mission in Yemen, and when he dropped a $100 million of payload on an abandoned airfield in Syria. "This is the day Donald Trump became president!"

Any narcissist seeking love and approval can connect the dots between the approval he's getting, and the actions which caused it. You ring the bell, you get a reward. He was enthusiastically praised for getting one soldier killed, just imagine how the people will love him for killing thousands.

And you were probably one of the ones praising him.

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    You need to find an AA meeting...

Mitch McConnell Is Not Happy
    Of course legislation is slow. You ever seen a fast turtle?

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    If some small country flipped a nuke at us and the sitting president did nothing but negotiate, how long do you think he'd last?
    Well, when some small country flips a nuke at us, then we can consider all options. Until that happens, escalating any situation by ranting about "Fire and Fury" publicly is effin' stupid, and will accomplish nothing. Except make the situation worse.

Internet Nutcase

Trump drew a red line that anyone with a brain knew they would immediately cross (he basically said "stop threatening us or we'll wipe you off the face of the earth"). Well they now threatened Guam, a U.S. territory. Now the world will see Trump is all bark and no bite.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Well, when some small country flips a nuke at us, then we can consider all options. Until that happens, escalating any situation by ranting about "Fire and Fury" publicly is effin' stupid, and will accomplish nothing. Except make the situation worse.
    It gives his supporters a boner so he gets bigger cheers at his Nuremberg rallies. That's his sole motivation: praise. He's an inadequate human being with a fragile ego and no interests except himself. A 71-year old infant.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Trump's Nazi Advisor Thinks The Mosque Bombing in MN Might Be Fake

These are the clowns Drew thinks Trump will "defer" to.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Internet Nutcase

an oldie but goodie:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...r-game/304029/

n recent years Pentagon experts have estimated that the first ninety days of such a conflict might produce 300,000 to 500,000 South Korean and American military casualties, along with hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths. The damage to South Korea alone would rock the global economy.
    A complete collapse of the regime might lead not only to enormous refugee problems for China and South Korea but also, in effect, to a weapons-of-mass-destruction yard sale for smugglers.
    And little Kim's daddy promised us this, I suspect the little lard *** feels the same:
    he would “destroy the world” or “take the world with me” before accepting defeat on the battlefield.
    If we did successfully invade, our troops would be likely to eventually find themselves near North Korea's Chinese border. The last time that happened, in 1950, the Chinese counterinvaded. (A 1961 treaty obliges China to do so again in the event of an attack on North Korea.)

basically no good options here, and Toddler Trump is poking the hornets nest and making it worse. What he should be doing is back-channel negotiations with China to put the screws to NK (in a way that allows China to save face here), not waiving his dick around and making things worse.
    Last edited by BassAle; 08-09-2017 at 08:49 AM.

There can be no US invasion. The only military solution would be a US tactical strike to decapitate the regime and any offensive military installations followed immediately by a South Korean invasion to occupy all defensive military installations. To do any of that we need China to agreed. Russia can pound sand.

The humanitarian relief effort that would follow would make Ethiopia, Somalia, the Sudan and the absorption of East Germany look like a picnic. There are 25M people in North Korea, almost all of them living in atrocious conditions. Plus they've been educated since birth for multiple generations that everyone else is out to kill them.

They're the American South, with hotter women.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    There can be no US invasion. The only military solution would be a US tactical strike to decapitate the regime and any offensive military installations followed immediately by a South Korean invasion to occupy all defensive military installations. To do any of that we need China to agreed. Russia can pound sand.

The humanitarian relief effort that would follow would make Ethiopia, Somalia, the Sudan and the absorption of East Germany look like a picnic. There are 25M people in North Korea, almost all of them living in atrocious conditions. Plus they've been educated since birth for multiple generations that everyone else is out to kill them.

They're the American South, with hotter women.
    Agree on the first part. It would be interesting how much resistance the rest of the population put up. There have to be a decent amount of people who know things should be better.

Kichizapi Chetan

Mr. Kim says I'm building nukes.
    The world and the US says please don't.
    Mr. Kim builds and tests the rocket.
    The world and the US says please stop.
    Mr. Kim has a nuke.
    The world and the US sanctions harshly.
    Mr. Kim threatens the US, specifically the US, with his new weapons.
    The US President should ...

(a) go have a smoke and shoot some hoop out back
    (b) smile and point and giggle like a 7 year old girl
    (c) keep waiting on the Chinese or Russians to deal with it
    (d) respond with a simple "cause and effect" statement* --> Do it and you'll get "fire and fury".
    (e) call Henry Kissinger or Dennis Rodman

What's the correct answer?

*a statement, yeah, via the Twit; but, he's done nada but yap so far; and all-y'all** are tellin' me he's all bark, no bite

**the all-y'all is just for Kep who just loves Southerns and their colloquialisms
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Mr. Kim says I'm building nukes.
    The world and the US says please don't.
    Mr. Kim builds and tests the rocket.
    The world and the US says please stop.
    Mr. Kim has a nuke.
    The world and the US sanctions harshly.
    Mr. Kim threatens the US, specifically the US, with his new weapons.
    The US President should ...

(a) go have a smoke and shoot some hoop out back
    (b) smile and point and giggle like a 7 year old girl
    (c) keep waiting on the Chinese or Russians to deal with it
    (d) respond with a simple "cause and effect" statement* --> Do it and you'll get "fire and fury".
    (e) call Henry Kissinger or Dennis Rodman

What's the correct answer?

*a statement, yeah, via the Twit; but, he's done nada but yap so far; and all-y'all** are tellin' me he's all bark, no bite

**the all-y'all is just for Kep who just loves Southerns and their colloquialisms

Lil Kim is not going to stop unless he is guaranteed that there will be no attempt at regime change. He saw what happened to Sadam.

China forcing NK's hand is the only hope here that doesn't involve hundreds of thousands of deaths. Trump's "fire and fury like the world has never seen" threat is not going about this the right way. And what happens when Toddler Trump doesn't follow through with his threat?

Agree on the first part. It would be interesting how much resistance the rest of the population put up. There have to be a decent amount of people who know things should be better.
    It would be one helluva psych experiment, yes. It would be better if the humanitarian aid was offered by the Chinese (for one thing, they have the money to do it), but the Chinese are, understandably, terrified of being overwhelmed by refugees.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Thread Information