Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    How about 144% as many voter registrations in southern California counties over those eligible to vote. And don't give me BS about people moving; that'll account for maybe 5%.
    Sounds like lazy record keeping on those Californian election committees. Define moving. Are you talking only about those who move out of state? Because moving across the street in highly populated areas will cause a change of voting precinct. Move to three different apartments in three years, and now you're registered in three different voting precincts.

I moved to Illinois from Michigan in 2006. I've lived in two different Michigan cities and four different cities in Illinois, two different locations for one Illinois city.

I did my civic duty and "motor voter" registered to vote everywhere I lived when I updated my drivers license.

IF there has not been a purge of inactive voter registration, I would be registered twice in Michigan and five times in the state of Illinois (twice in the same county!).

All legally, because I updated my voter information as written by each voting commission each time I updated my address of residence.

If there is voter fraud, start cross referencing votes cast per county against US census information per county. Find those anomalies, and proceed from there. "Voter Registration Inflation" is the wrong path to this "problem."
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.15 - Now With More Yacht Banging Stories!

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Funny thing is, you look up "voter fraud", and there are plenty of cases. How about the dealings of ACORN with multiple registrations for a person.
      Yeah I'm sure it's in the double digits.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Funny thing is, you look up "voter fraud", and there are plenty of cases. How about the dealings of ACORN with multiple registrations for a person.
        "Voter fraud" requires actual voting with an invalid registration. It is different than voter registration fraud. Which also didn't happen with ACORN, as ACORN flagged the bogus registrations before turning them into to the states.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          In the event of a catastrophe I can see delaying an election. The delay may be local or it may be national.

However, NO results from a state may be reported/disclosed until all the polls in that state that have a bearing on the election have closed.

So if Hurricane Sandy had happened on 11/8/16, the election results from New Jersey and New York would have been delayed until everyone who wanted to vote voted.
          Problem eliminated with longer voting periods and vote by mail. Oregon already does this. Voter fraud? Zero.

Jim Crow II right now is a Republican strategy to drive down poor black voting. However, with the parties diverging on education it won't belong before there is a significant information and competence gap between the parties and at that point all these laws are going to start disenfranchising poor whites. Right about the time the country becomes majority non-white.

Careful what you wish for, my friend. Nothing says Jim Crow III won't land on rural white skulls. It's fun and games now, but you just might want strong voting rights laws then.
          Last edited by Kepler; 08-10-2017, 10:44 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Problem eliminated with longer voting periods and vote by mail. Oregon already does this. Voter fraud? Zero.

Jim Crow II right now is a Republican strategy to drive down poor black voting. However, with the parties diverging on education it won't belong before there is a significant information and competence gap between the parties and at that point all these laws are going to start disenfranchising poor whites. Right about the time the country becomes majority non-white.

Careful what you wish for, my friend. Nothing says Jim Crow III won't land on rural white skulls.
            I'm already a racist homophobe. Why not go for the next step??

Oh and this just in......

@FoxNews: College student gets 100 days in slammer for registering dead voters for Dems http://fxn.ws/2wL49fV via @foxnewspolitics https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/8...131462/photo/1
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Republicans 100% support fair elections, not sure you can say that about democrats.
              Dude even Flaggy trolls better than that.

Unless you are serious...in which case you might literally be the dumbest poster on this board. (or any board)
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The same ID that allows you to get past a TSA checkpoint or drive a car should be sufficient.
                The republican politicians have convinced people like you that voter fraud is rampant because if they can implement the voter ID requirements it with disproportional affect certain demographics that lean left possibly lowering their turn out for at least a few election cycles.

honestly, I would probably be okay with a voter ID requirement provided:

1) it is free
                2) it can be obtained at any post office and town/city hall and is printed on site (no waiting 3 months for them to mail you a card) (could even print on-site for Maine's same-day voter registration)
                3) states are given 4 years to implement

Comment

I'm already a racist homophobe. Why not go for the next step??

Oh and this just in......

@FoxNews: College student gets 100 days in slammer for registering dead voters for Dems http://fxn.ws/2wL49fV via @foxnewspolitics https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/8...131462/photo/1
                  Funny how they always go for the racial divide, eh?

Comment

Just remember...stopping minority voters is fair cause they vote Democrat!

BTW the actual convicted voter frauds tend to be Republican...but hey Republicans and the Right never let facts prove them wrong!
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Yeah I'm sure it's in the double digits.
                      5.7 million in 2008, according to Harvard.

Comment

I'm already a racist homophobe.
                        You miss the point entirely.

The GOP leadership doesn't do the stuff they do out of racism and homophobia. They are exactly the same people who are in the Democratic leadership -- they went to the same schools, have the same money, live in the same neighborhoods, send their kids to the same private schools. They're not racists or homophobes, they just play them on TV. They're educated effete tolerant atheist Eloi, just like the people you fight with here on the forum.

They do this stuff for power. Period. Pure partisan advantage. It's their gig, and a highly paid one it is.

All I'm asking is: why go along with them? What's it getting you? They're helping themselves, at least. Who are you helping?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                        X