Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

We're losing the World Cup because the entire world hates Dump.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No snow on the pitch.

Silva 15'
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

beautiful goal there from kane to son
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

NY Red Bulls defeat Tijuana 2-0 in the CONCACAF Champions League.

In Tijuana.

It’s the third time an MLS team has beaten a Liga MX team in Mexico.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

MLS goes 3 for 3 in Leg 1: NYRB 2-0 Tijuana, Toronto 2-1 Tigres, Seattle 1-0 Chivas.

Red Bulls looking decent going back home up 2, Toronto looking iffy after giving up an away goal (though MLS Champs vs Liga MX champs is a heck of a tie), Seattle ruing some missed chances (like usual) but looking decent going to Guadalajara.

Side note: Chivas looks like a *ing mess. No wonder they're in 16th in Liga MX.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Greece. Close to a merge with 0 days thread.

https://www.bardown.com/greece-suspe...-ref-1.1024499

AND

@JWTelegraph: Southampton have sacked Mauricio Pellegrino. Full story to come
              Last edited by joecct; 03-12-2018, 04:04 PM.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

MU gags at home. Loses 1-2 to Sevilla.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  MU gags at home. Loses 1-2 to Sevilla.
                  Meh.

In action a little closer to home, NYRB and Tijuana are 1-1 (3-1 agg) in New Jersey.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

On that note:

MLS and Liga MX announce new partnership

Partnership to include an annual battle of champions – the Campeones Cup – this September
                    Liga MX All-Stars to take on MLS All-Stars
                    Collaboration includes platforms for business practices and social responsibility across North American borders
                    I feel like a Liga MX vs MLS All Star game might be a bit physical.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Red Bulls eliminate Tijuana 5-1 on the aggregate. They beat Portland 4-0 on Saturday, Tijuana 2-0 and 3-1, scary looking team.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

TFC makes it 2 for 2 losing 3-2 to Tigres but advancing on away goals 4-4.

Seattle (1) - Chivas (0) tomorrow.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          TFC makes it 2 for 2 losing 3-2 to Tigres but advancing on away goals 4-4 (2-1).

clarified your posr.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            clarified your posr.
                            Thank you.

One thing to comment on, a major trait for Liga MX teams for years has been their offensive prowess but defensively a little weak. MLS teams typically struggled to contain LMX teams defensively in years past but this year the LMX teams have struggled against MLS defenses, a major spending point for Allocation Money, while MLS teams have been able to get past slightly weaker LMX defenses.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Chelsea making an absolute Messi of this CL game.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Seattle, of course, loses to Chivas 3-0, 3-1 aggregate.

I wish I could say it was because half of our starters are out injured and then they had two injuries in the first 30 minutes but it really wasn’t. One of the things Toronto exposed in last years MLS Cup was that Seattle, especially without Alonso, was easily susceptible to a high press. Our midfield can’t pass out of pressure and connect with our forwards. Mark out Dempsey and rough up Lodeiro and it falls apart, without Lodeiro they had no chance. Sadly, this has been a well known problem that the GM refuses to deal with.

The only saving grace is that the West is a garbage fire again, except maybe Houston, so they have a shot at getting back to the final again, where they’ll be exposed yet again.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X