Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Gulati's VP Cordiero becomes new President of US Soccer with 68% of the votes.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

US Soccer has a new President in Carlos Cordeiro. He was the Vice President previously. Here’s a rundown on what’s going on now:

1. The Twitter bots and Reddit bots are going full meltdown about an “establishment candidate” winning. According to them US Soccer is fully doomed and nothing will change. Also something about MLS/SUM cartel conspiracy.

2. In contrast to above, US Soccer announced they have begun the process to hire General Managers for both the Men’s and Women’s systems to run the soccer side of things.

3. There’s a bit of kerfluffle involving the Athletes Council voting and attendance. A few reporters mentioned on Twitter that Heather O’Reilly flew from London to attend and vote despite having a game tomorrow while Brad Guzan and Jonathan Spector didn’t attend “while only being in MLS Preseason” and a few “isn’t that odd *wink*” comments. Clapping back, Stu Holden said the “Athletes Council decided to vote as a bloc and had a meeting prior to the voting with all involved.”

4. Hope Solo is still crazy.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Oh, forgot this:

5. The Players, via the Athletes Council voting as a bloc, decided this election not, as the anti-MLS folks around Twitter think, the “soccer establishment.” They have, by law, 20% of the vote and, given the wide open election, were able to effectively leverage that. It’ll be interesting to see their thought process and discussions about who to support and why.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          "Rovers" often doesn't even use their city name. Which is inconvenient because there seem to be as many as Huskies or Bulldogs.

I think almost every squad has a nickname (e.g., "Cottagers" for Fulham). Remember that baseball teams didn't create their own nicknames -- they were bestowed by beat writers as shorthand. I dunno but I suspect association squads were named the same way in the mists of time.
          Liverpool Red Sox??
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Rovers was my nickname back in the Hattrick days. I miss that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Rovers was my nickname back in the Hattrick days. I miss that game.
              I started playing again recently, holy * is it way more complicated than it use to be. Reminded me why I stopped.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                1. The Twitter bots and Reddit bots are going full meltdown about an “establishment candidate” winning.
                Given that he reportedly decided to run before Sunil had stepped down (which may have prompted Sunil to recruit Carter to run), he's about as un-establishment as an establishment candidate gets.
                Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
                  Given that he reportedly decided to run before Sunil had stepped down (which may have prompted Sunil to recruit Carter to run), he's about as un-establishment as an establishment candidate gets.
                  People are saying "he was Sunil's VP!" not realizing that the VP is a board position that is separately elected (in fact they have to have an election next year to replace him). As angry as people on the outside are, those who are actually running things seemed to have some common sense.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The guy who gave us the Qatar WC now wants it in ....

Morocco! http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-worl...orld-cup-hosts

Average July temp 84 F
                    Average July high 101 F

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post

Average July temp 84 F
                      Average July high 101 F
                      No one should care about his opinion as he is still banned.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post

Average July temp 84 F
                        Average July high 101 F
                        We have a lot more money than Morocco. We should win this round of bribery easily.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We have a lot more money than Morocco. We should win this round of bribery easily.
                          But we have less construction graft and skimming to offer.

Frankly, it's like the Olympics. You only give it to us when the rest of the world starts getting fatigue from the expense and close to realizing the waste. We provide them with the selling point that it can make money that they use to scam everyone else into believing and bidding.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            But we have less construction graft and skimming to offer.
                            I'm sorry; have you met our President? If the IOC and FIFA had a fat, stupid baby it would be Dump.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm sorry; have you met our President? If the IOC and FIFA had a fat, stupid baby it would be Dump.
                              Trump can give FIFA and the IOC peanuts compared to "cost overruns" for a dozen billion dollar stadiums.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post

Average July temp 84 F
                                Average July high 101 F
                                But I came to Casablanca for the waters!
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X