Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

This is like awarding echl franchises
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      This is like awarding echl franchises
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        Toledo Trolls??
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Toledo Trolls??
          Toledo
          Cincy
          Sacramento
          Nashville

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            Cincy has been amazing but part of me wonders what happens when it isn’t new and cool and there is no cup run? Like what have they really proven? I know Nashville hasn’t proven anything either but they have the SS stadium deal. I think it’s Sacramento. I’m wondering if they’re holding off to see what happens with Columbus/Austin?
            I think I said a few pages back that Cincy would be the first one, and I thought that would be due to Columbus leaving, despite what appears to be strong support that could simply be redirected further south.

I don't see how Detroit gets a team. Of course I said that before and they moved on to the final four. Still, a soccer specific stadium would have made it a shoe in in my eyes. Instead we have Ford Field. Closed roof stadium for a league that plays in the summer. Perfect...
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Cincy has been amazing but part of me wonders what happens when it isn’t new and cool and there is no cup run? Like what have they really proven? I know Nashville hasn’t proven anything either but they have the SS stadium deal. I think it’s Sacramento. I’m wondering if they’re holding off to see what happens with Columbus/Austin?
              Sac is reportedly having ownership group problems and Cincy hasn’t finalized their stadium deal (and if they announce they’ll play at Nippert temporarily that deal could be in trouble). They’re supposed to announce the other teams in the new year.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Can someone explain the reasoning why on the EPL app, Tottenham is referred to as "Spurs" while all the other teams go by their town/city?

I don't know many of the EPL nicknames (Gunners & Red Devils is it). Do all the clubs have one?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Can someone explain the reasoning why on the EPL app, Tottenham is referred to as "Spurs" while all the other teams go by their town/city?

I don't know many of the EPL nicknames (Gunners & Red Devils is it). Do all the clubs have one?
                  "Rovers" often doesn't even use their city name. Which is inconvenient because there seem to be as many as Huskies or Bulldogs.

I think almost every squad has a nickname (e.g., "Cottagers" for Fulham). Remember that baseball teams didn't create their own nicknames -- they were bestowed by beat writers as shorthand. I dunno but I suspect association squads were named the same way in the mists of time.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So the FA Cup Final is scheduled for the same day as the Royal wedding, which presents a bit of a problem for the President of The FA, Prince William.

Whoops.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      So the FA Cup Final is scheduled for the same day as the Royal wedding, which presents a bit of a problem for the President of The FA, Prince William.

Whoops.
                      And it's the day when Henry VIII became a widower for the first time.

Plus
                      For I'm gettin' married in the mornin'
                      Ding dong! the bells are gonna chime.
                      Kick up an rumpus
                      But don't lost the compass;
                      And get me to the match,
                      Get me to the match,
                      For Gawd's sake, get me to the match on time!
                      Last edited by joecct; 01-10-2018, 08:04 PM.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Whoops.
                        They'll get married at halftime.

Comment

63' Liverpool 3 City 1. Could this be the day?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            63' Liverpool 3 City 1. Could this be the day?
                            Well? Was it?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Well? Was it?
                              4-3 Liverpool final.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                4-3 Liverpool final.
                                Wow, now City is only 15 points clear! Such drama!
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X