Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

The NASL wavers on as FC Edmonton and San Francisco Deltas, the same team that won the championship, have folded. Edmonton may play in the Canadian Premier League that’s supposed to be starting... sometime, but the Deltas are dead after only a year.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Somehow Detroit made it to the final four of expansion. Figured Ford Field would have been the kill shot.

The other three are Cincy, Nashville, and Sacramento.

With a soccer specific stadium I would for sure pick Detroit, but I think Cincy gets in, especially with the Crew moving. Not sure about the second team.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Somehow Detroit made it to the final four of expansion. Figured Ford Field would have been the kill shot.

The other three are Cincy, Nashville, and Sacramento.

With a soccer specific stadium I would for sure pick Detroit, but I think Cincy gets in, especially with the Crew moving. Not sure about the second team.
        Sacramento, they’re pretty much ready to go now.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Sacramento, they’re pretty much ready to go now.
          I don't see how nashville doesn't get in with the stadium deal they agreed to...along with Sacramento.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Geez how many teams they do imagine eventually having? 50?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Geez how many teams they do imagine eventually having? 50?
              They should look at what happened to NASL 1.0. Bigger is not be necessarily better.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It's still the same number of teams. One, holding intra-squad scrimmages.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A rigged WC draw?? Nah, can't happen says Sepp.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...gged-hot-cold/
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    A rigged WC draw?? Nah, can't happen says Sepp.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...gged-hot-cold/
                    This may sound dumb but why not just have an independent entity do the drawing?

Even better, why not just have it done by computer using an open source randomization program monitored in realtime and driven by random elements like the relative humidity in Peru or keystrokes entered by everybody watching the draw? It would be cool to know that hitting a 'g' or a '6' one second before or after you actually did got your team drawn against Honduras. Or Germany. It would all become your own fault.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 11-29-2017, 02:02 PM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      They should look at what happened to NASL 1.0. Bigger is not be necessarily better.
                      Ok seriously, do not comment if you don’t know facts. Between 1973 and 1975 the NASL added 13 new teams at $75k a pop to basically anyone who could afford it.

Right now MLS is looking at expanding to 28 teams at over $100 million a pop.

And frankly, expansion hasn’t diluted the quality at all, in fact it’s gotten better because of expansion.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Ok seriously, do not comment if you don’t know facts. Between 1973 and 1975 the NASL added 13 new teams at $75k a pop to basically anyone who could afford it.

Right now MLS is looking at expanding to 28 teams at over $100 million a pop.

And frankly, expansion hasn’t diluted the quality at all, in fact it’s gotten better because of expansion.
                        Up to a point. At some point expansion is bad. Its fair to question what that point is without being shouted down by a zealot.

Considering the line of teams asking to get in, the $100mm doesnt seem to be a hurdle.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It’s $100mm plus a stadium, keep that in mind. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to believe that MLS could support 28-32 teams. MLB and NBA are at 30, NHL is at 31, and the NFL is at 32, and those sports have smaller available talent pools than soccer.

Edit: It’s also an unfair to compare NASL expansion vs MLS expansion. NASL expansion was a fly-by-night mess whereas MLS expansion has been a long, careful process.
                          Last edited by Jimjamesak; 11-29-2017, 03:11 PM.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Ok seriously, do not comment if you don’t know facts.
                            You're really good at encouraging conversation in this thread.

It’s $100mm plus a stadium, keep that in mind. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to believe that MLS could support 28-32 teams. MLB and NBA are at 30, NHL is at 31, and the NFL is at 32, and those sports have smaller available talent pools than soccer.
                            Talent pools don't fill stadiums.

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                              You're really good at encouraging conversation in this thread.
                              Ignorant misinformation is how you end up with BS like President Trump. If you’re gonna post something, get the facts right.

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                              Talent pools don't fill stadiums.
                              Atlanta and Seattle disagree.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Toronto up 1-0 on Columbus.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X