Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    There's some talk the US may actually host an NIT.
    I was just joking...

I WAS JUST JOKING GUYS!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I was just joking...

I WAS JUST JOKING GUYS!
      Maybe Men In Blazers could organize it then.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Maybe Men In Blazers could organize it then.
        I miss that show. A lot.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          There's some talk the US may actually host an NIT.
          https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/...PcJ0d22Jw.jpeg
          Last edited by SonofSouthie; 11-16-2017, 09:41 AM.
          A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Why are we hating on the NIT idea?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Personally, I wouldn't mind it. USA vs Italy, Netherlands, Ireland, etc would be cool to see. It's more that we're inventing a tournament because we couldn't make the real one.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                Personally, I wouldn't mind it. USA vs Italy, Netherlands, Ireland, etc would be cool to see. It's more that we're inventing a tournament because we couldn't make the real one.
                Sure, but we're also doing it in the period between a 32 team and and 48 team tournament...so its basically creating a consolation tournament for the teams that would have made it in the new format :P
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  Idk, just sounds kinda lame to me. What are these countries gonna do, spend money to fly their teams over here, put them up in hotels, feed them, for what? What's the incentive? Cut of the gate?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                    Idk, just sounds kinda lame to me. What are these countries gonna do, spend money to fly their teams over here, put them up in hotels, feed them, for what? What's the incentive? Cut of the gate?
                    Expanded brand awareness in the US market, where everyone is an immigrant, possibly from these countries.

Or just to beat up the US team one more time, while using u18 players.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      You're telling me people won't watch? I mean it won't be World Cup numbers but people will watch, people will attend...I don't see the drawback. I mean, honestly, I'm kinda surprised FIFA hadn't thought of this on their own to make more money...maybe thats the answer instead of expanding the World Cup...have it more like how the World Juniors has an A, B, C, D tournament :P

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        You're telling me people won't watch? I mean it won't be World Cup numbers but people will watch, people will attend...I don't see the drawback. I mean, honestly, I'm kinda surprised FIFA hadn't thought of this on their own to make more money...maybe thats the answer instead of expanding the World Cup...have it more like how the World Juniors has an A, B, C, D tournament :P
                        If they have it, I hope it works out for everybody.

Comment

The idea of the NIT is everything that is wrong with soccer in the USA. I'm sure SUM is all about this cause it will line their pockets. And US fans are dumb enough to support that.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            The idea of the NIT is everything that is wrong with soccer in the USA. I'm sure SUM is all about this cause it will line their pockets. And US fans are dumb enough to support that.
                            So if this idea came from somewhere else it would be ok but because its an american idea, it sucks and its a sign that americans are wrong about soccer? f that.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              They do the same thing elsewhere to varying degrees. Europa league is the NIT of champions league.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                So if this idea came from somewhere else it would be ok but because its an american idea, it sucks and its a sign that americans are wrong about soccer? f that.
                                Welcome to the mind of the American Soccer Insecurity.

This isn’t anything new, see also friendlies, Europa League, summer club “tournaments” etc.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X