Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    How in the hell did Italy wind up in that draw?
    Talking to my barber, one Ottavio LoGrasso, last week he said they stink. Qualifying in Europe: winners of group auto advance, 2nd place to playoffs.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
      Talking to my barber, one Ottavio LoGrasso, last week he said they stink. Qualifying in Europe: winners of group auto advance, 2nd place to playoffs.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I hope the fine people of Columbus tell him not to let the door hit him on his way out.
        To be fair, a group of people in Columbus has tried to buy the team.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          To be fair, a group of people in Columbus has tried to buy the team.
          I don't blame the owner in the slightest. If the dopes are willing to pay they deserve what's coming to them. I just hope they're smarter than that.

The only ones I blame in a stadium hostage situation are the local pols who are bribed to push through the wealthy welfare. Those are the folks who should be strung up (e.g., Atlanta).
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't blame the owner in the slightest. If the dopes are willing to pay they deserve what's coming to them. I just hope they're smarter than that.

The only ones I blame in a stadium hostage situation are the local pols who are bribed to push through the wealthy welfare. Those are the folks who should be strung up (e.g., Atlanta).
            This doesn’t seem to be a case of holding a city hostage for a stadium, this is a case of “I hate this market and want my team in that market.” To be fair, Columbus has been really bad attendance wise despite being a consistent playoff team and the stadium is a metal bleacher POS. Realistically, they’ve always been under a bit of a relocation threat.

The s*y part is that Columbus has a lot of history for the league. It was the first city to hit the season ticket threshold, it had the first SSS, and the Crew have been successful despite their limitations.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The point about wanting a new stadium because the one built in '99 is too old doesn't add up. Maybe if it was built in 1899 but not 1999. As you've pointed out, seems clear that the owner simply wants to relocate the team. But maybe he wants to be able to fall back on "well I couldn't get a new stadium".

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                The point about wanting a new stadium because the one built in '99 is too old doesn't add up. Maybe if it was built in 1899 but not 1999. As you've pointed out, seems clear that the owner simply wants to relocate the team. But maybe he wants to be able to fall back on "well I couldn't get a new stadium".
                Yeah and people have cut through that charade real quick. The owner apparently had a clause in his purchase of the team that team had to stay in Columbus for 10 years unless he wanted to move them to Austin. This announcement has connected many dots, he hasn’t done any real marketing, hasn’t signed any notable DPs, has a terrible TV deal. He’s been wanting to move the team for years it seems. But the court of public opinion seems to be very much against the move.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

And to be honest, Columbus needs a new stadium. Mapfre is a metal bleacher pile of ****.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Didn't know that part. So the first SSS but sounds like it was done on the cheap. I'd still take a cheap one here in New England. That is, if Bob Kraft really cared about the Revs.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Didn't know that part. So the first SSS but sounds like it was done on the cheap. I'd still take a cheap one here in New England. That is, if Bob Kraft really cared about the Revs.
                      It was built in 1999 for $28.5 million on the Ohio State Fairgrounds, it’s pretty sparse. It’s apparently very cold in March and April and the lack of weather cover is also a factor in the summer.

Kraft and the Revs will continue to get a free pass because a) they own the stadium and b) Kraft is one of three reasons why the league even exists. Columbus, New England, Dallas, and Colorado have been pains to the league for the last few years but Columbus is really the only one that doesn’t have a good reason to keep them.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

And to be honest, Columbus needs a new stadium. Mapfre is a metal bleacher pile of ****.
                        And the owners have nothing stopping them from building one. Just keep public money out of it.
                        Cornell University

Comment

And the owners have nothing stopping them from building one. Just keep public money out of it.
                          Calm down Francis, I’m not advocating for that.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Calm down Francis, I’m not advocating for that.
                            Help, help, I'm being oppressed!
                            Cornell University

Comment

Help, help, I'm being oppressed!
                              No, you’re being repressed.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

The worst part of all this is the pro/rel zealots rearing their ugly heads again. “None of this would be happening if we had open system!” Yeah none of this would be happening because Columbus wouldn’t exist in the first place.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X