Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    http://blog.3four3.com/2012/02/13/the-grand-conceit-of-american-soccer/
    Oh JFC **** that guy and everyone who shares his opinion. The Eurosnob "it's about the quality" gripe is a constantly moving goalpost that will never be fulfilled. MLS could have every top player in the world and people would complain for some reason and never watch. There's always something, it'll never be "European enough" for them.

I make my point again: You want American soccer to succeed, you need MLS to succeed. Despite all this BS that "MLS is not doing anything to help" it's MLS that's ended pay for play at their Academies, it's MLS that has stabilized lower division soccer and created more professional opportunities for young players by utilizing USL affiliates, and it's all been done in less than 25 years. There's ONE group that's trying to improve American soccer by actually putting up the money and everyone constantly ****s on them, even insinuating that they're trying to destroy the game.

So yeah to anyone who's down on the US not qualifying and will get up at 8am to watch EPL or Barca/Madrid or spend thousands on meaningless summer friendlies but won't watch MLS in the afternoon or spend less than $100 to go to a game: **** you, you're part of the problem.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Get off your soapbox.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        Get off your soapbox.
        When it comes to Eurosnobbery, I never will. Too much ignorance when it comes to MLS and American soccer.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          When it comes to Eurosnobbery, I never will.
          Most people do not give 2 ****s about growing the game.
          They want to watch the best players and the best leagues...and the MLS will never be that.
          Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 10-14-2017, 09:24 PM.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Most people do not give 2 ****s about growing the game.
            They want to watch the best players and they best leagues...and the MLS will never be that.
            And yet they'll complain about the National Team, about how much they suck and how MLS is ruining it.
            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

And yet they'll complain about the National Team, about how much they suck and how MLS is ruining it.
              So let them. Quit whining on a message board like it means anything.
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I got a place to vent and I'm gonna do it. Put me on ignore if you wish.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I'm curious if European hockey fans say the same thing about the NHL vs their home leagues.

Comment

I'll say it again: Folks like you complain about the US not developing good enough players but won't give MLS the time of day. Guess where all that money from all the viewership for the EPL goes? Not to developing American players. You wanna know one of the problems in American soccer? This. Millions will wake up early on weekend mornings and talk about Crystal Palace but can't even be bothered to look at what's going on in MLS. And yet they complain...
                    I'm gonna type this slowly so you can pick up what I'm layin' down. I don't complain about US soccer because I don't give a shyte about US soccer. My extent of 'US soccer' has been taking my grandson to a Revs match an a couple of BC's and trying to see his and his sister's teams whenever I can. 10/29 is circled on the calendar for the next time. Yesterday morning I woke up early on a weekend morning and watched a Cagney movie. It was nothing but pure coincidence that, 1) I was driving by here and came across mookie's "will CP score today" question, 2) turned on NBCSN not even knowing what match was on and 3)the exact second the tv came on they were showing a replay of CP's goal. Turned the tv off and went about my bidness. I have relatives in Northern Ireland, they're Catholic, so I really don't give a flying fk about the "English" PL either. I will admit to following Glasgow Celtic to the extent of looking at the Scottish Premier League standings once a week or when I remember. Hate the gers too.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

What meaning is there to post on a message board?

Nothing

(smiles)
                      Everything!
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Argh

Worse penalty in the box ever by Newcastle there and we are tied
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Stefan Frei is heading for his 12th shutout of the season and Arena was still starting Howard.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Stefan Frei is heading for his 12th shutout of the season and Arena was still starting Howard.
                            Yeah... Howard has been around since I was in middle school. It’s not shocking that he isn’t as sharp as he used to be at this age.

Comment

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranki...men/index.html
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

6. Poland?
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X