Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

So Wales is the "winner" for highest ranked staying home.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

(11)Switzerland, (15)Italy, (18)Croatia, (19) Denmark are the 4 seeds for the European WC playoffs. Northern Ireland (23rd), Sweden (25th), Republic of Ireland (26th) and Greece (47th) are the unseeded teams.

Draw is tomorrow.
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Well, at least the kids are alright: U-17s beat Paraguay 5-0 to advance to the quarterfinals.

Highlights.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
          Yeah... Howard has been around since I was in middle school. It’s not shocking that he isn’t as sharp as he used to be at this age.
          Frei, Horvath, Johnson, there's been plenty of reasonable candidates to play over Howard, Guzan, and Rimando.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Frei, Horvath, Johnson, there's been plenty of reasonable candidates to play over Howard, Guzan, and Rimando.
            Except Frei plays in MLS.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Is Frei even eligible to play for US? Was there a hang up in getting him under the US banner?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                Is Frei even eligible to play for US? Was there a hang up in getting him under the US banner?
                He gained US Citizenship in June.
                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Not really anything to link to yet but Grant Wahl is reporting that the owner of the Columbus Crew is ready to move the team to Austin if the team doesn't get a new stadium.

Edit: Here's the story.
                  Last edited by Jimjamesak; 10-17-2017, 02:29 AM.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Not really anything to link to yet but Grant Wahl is reporting that the owner of the Columbus Crew is ready to move the team to Austin if the team doesn't get a new stadium.

Edit: Here's the story.
                    I hope the fine people of Columbus tell him not to let the door hit him on his way out.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      (11)Switzerland, (15)Italy, (18)Croatia, (19) Denmark are the 4 seeds for the European WC playoffs. Northern Ireland (23rd), Sweden (25th), Republic of Ireland (26th) and Greece (47th) are the unseeded teams.

Draw is tomorrow.
                      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...thern-ireland/
                      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

How in the hell did Italy wind up in that draw?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't think they'll have any trouble with Sweden.

Denmark-Ireland is probably the best matchup IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I hope the fine people of Columbus tell him not to let the door hit him on his way out.
                            I laughed at the ESPN article talking about the aging stadium in Columbus. The stadium was built in 1999!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Well, that seems to be a generalization on my part. Apparently the owner just really wants to move the team.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                I laughed at the ESPN article talking about the aging stadium in Columbus. The stadium was built in 1999!
                                It seems the ground lease for the stadium expires in 2023 or 2024 so that’s a big problem. Otherwise, yeah it’s a pretty aged stadium with a *ton of metal bleachers.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X