Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXVIII: Campeones de NorteAmérica.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Not bad for a team that actually won the PL in 1995
    Very first one, right?

Rovers is a team that belongs* in D-1. Good for them.

* Also: Leeds, Wolves, Forest, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, and PNE. How's that working out?
    Last edited by Kepler; 04-25-2018, 10:53 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Very first one, right?

Rovers is a team that belongs* in D-1. Good for them.

* Also: Leeds, Wolves, Forest, Fulham, Sheffield Wednesday, and PNE. How's that working out?
      No, first Premier League season was 1992-93, won by (duh) Manchester United.

Blackburn won because Alan Shearer scored a ****ton of goals and Manchester United drew on the last day. Oh and Eric Cantona, Man U’s best player, kung fu kicking a fan and getting suspended the rest of the season.

And after Blackburn won in 1994-95, Arsenal and Manchester United traded titles for the next 10 years until Chelsea won 2004-05. Manchester City has bought of couple of titles, Leicester won somehow and that’s the history of the Premier League.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Blackburn won because Alan Shearer scored a ****ton of goals and Manchester United drew on the last day. Oh and Eric Cantona, Man U’s best player, kung fu kicking a fan and getting suspended the rest of the season.

And after Blackburn won in 1994-95, Arsenal and Manchester United traded titles for the next 10 years until Chelsea won 2004-05. Manchester City has bought of couple of titles, Leicester won somehow and that’s the history of the Premier League.
        United and Arsenal didn't buy their titles too? Just City?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Wow. That's... really boring.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            United and Arsenal didn't buy their titles too? Just City?
            No, it was just the most convenient way to put them in.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              It’s not anything new, Liverpool won 11 times between 1972 and 1990 (and 4 European Cups).

And England is actually one of the more competitive leagues compared to other places in Europe, especially Spain or Germany.
              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                like Yankees and patsies....
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

TFC beats Chivas 2-1. Ties in aggregate. Ties in away goals.

Extra time? nope. Straight to penalties and Chivas prevails.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    TFC beats Chivas 2-1. Ties in aggregate. Ties in away goals.

Extra time? nope. Straight to penalties and Chivas prevails.
                    hmm, I always thought that was 30 minutes of extra time first? didn't realize that didn't happen...sounds like TFC was controlling play towards the end and had a golden chance to win in the final 5 minutes?

I wanted TFC to win but I got a pretty good laugh at seeing the tweet that the last kick of the game was Bradley sailing his PK over the bar...
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      hmm, I always thought that was 30 minutes of extra time first? didn't realize that didn't happen...sounds like TFC was controlling play towards the end and had a golden chance to win in the final 5 minutes?

I wanted TFC to win but I got a pretty good laugh at seeing the tweet that the last kick of the game was Bradley sailing his PK over the bar...
                      There were no stops, just 2 misses by TFC, the other was off the crossbar.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        It’s a weird thing but yes you’re allowed to go straight to kicks from the mark.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        You’d think they’d learn that Bradley should not take a kick, he missed against Panama at the Gold Cup and had it saved against Seattle.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Sigh... Literally the only rule FIFA seems to apply is no governmental interference.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

There's the excuse for Morocco 2026
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I came for the waters. I stayed for the World Cup.

Comment

Hey, come on now! He’s just helping to secure the World Cup his son is definitely going to play in...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X