Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Don't jump just to jump. You have a job. Decide what you want from the other place and value yourself enough to expect they meet it. If you settle for less then you feel like you are supposed to stick for X period of time which is wasted if it isn't the right thing.
    This. And yeah, automotive is meh. The social group I'm in has a mechanical engineer who talks all the time about his idiot coworkers, and how much he wants to transfer to another department or leave altogether. Plus it's even more subject to the whims of the economy than other sectors, and also stereotypes your resume if you ever leave Michigan.

Comment

s'upp y'all

wT, first words out of your mouth next time that recruiter calls better be that the original salary listed is your floor. If there is any movement it had better be up. Otherwise stop wasting your time.
      If you are being considered you obviously have marketable skills and can get another offer,
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I agree....
            hey there. any chance scarlet can grab a magnet or 2 for mookie? will have to get them off you in december (along with the other stuff you are holding for him )

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              hey there. any chance scarlet can grab a magnet or 2 for mookie? will have to get them off you in december (along with the other stuff you are holding for him )
              Do you know something I don't? Did I miss an email?What magnet? And of course. I was actually trying to clear of my dining room table, which includes the poster from the banquet and thought to myself "How am I going to get this to mookie???" I am not paying to ship that overseas.

Happy Friday Lodge peeps. Beautiful fall day. Took my loaner back to the dealer and picked up my car after getting all new brakes. Because that was an expense I totally needed at this time. Traffic into Boston was unpleasant. That said, I did make it in about 30 minutes earlier than I anticipated. When I picked up my car, the service guy tells me I will be getting a survey via email, which I always expect, and then he said "10s would be appreciated." By asking for 10s, you don't get a 10, IMO. I am going to mention that in my survey. Don't get me wrong, everything worked out fine and I love that they are open on Sundays - big help. When I got there and was paying they, gave me a coupon for a free car wash. I'm thinking, you spend a certain amount at this Service Dept., you know what would be nice? Sending my car TO the car wash before I pick it up. Just a thought. Also, I left it there with a 1/4 tank of gas. I picked it up with it hovering above E. If I had to bring the loaner car back with the same amount of gas I got it with, I think the same should hold true for my car.

My whole team is out today. Well, two are working from home, two are out. Nice and quiet.

Comment

Problem with those surveys is that the company considers anything less than 10s to be a bad result for the employees.

So they are forced to beg for 10s.

Same with my house builder. He said if you aren't unhappy but wouldn't give a 10, it's better to not even fill them out.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  827.0 miles to go.
                  798.8 miles to go.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                    Problem with those surveys is that the company considers anything less than 10s to be a bad result for the employees.

So they are forced to beg for 10s.

Same with my house builder. He said if you aren't unhappy but wouldn't give a 10, it's better to not even fill them out.
                    What happened to earning a 10? There's no point to a survey that isn't realistic. If you want good marks, do a good job... don't beg me to lie or pad the numbers.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                      What happened to earning a 10? There's no point to a survey that isn't realistic. If you want good marks, do a good job... don't beg me to lie or pad the numbers.
                      Corporate BS, unfortunately. I agree with the "earn the 10, don't ask for 10".

Comment

We're always supposed to remind clients that they will get a partner survey at the end of our engagement, and that we strive for 10s, so if at any point we aren't earning 10s, to please let us know so we can correct.

That's a lot better than saying at the very end, "plz gimme a 10, kthxbye".

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          We're always supposed to remind clients that they will get a partner survey at the end of our engagement, and that we strive for 10s, so if at any point we aren't earning 10s, to please let us know so we can correct.

other issue is that I don't believe 99% of services will ever earn a 10. So it's kind of an automatic fail.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Do you know something I don't? Did I miss an email?What magnet? And of course. I was actually trying to clear of my dining room table, which includes the poster from the banquet and thought to myself "How am I going to get this to mookie???" I am not paying to ship that overseas.

Happy Friday Lodge peeps. Beautiful fall day. Took my loaner back to the dealer and picked up my car after getting all new brakes. Because that was an expense I totally needed at this time. Traffic into Boston was unpleasant. That said, I did make it in about 30 minutes earlier than I anticipated. When I picked up my car, the service guy tells me I will be getting a survey via email, which I always expect, and then he said "10s would be appreciated." By asking for 10s, you don't get a 10, IMO. I am going to mention that in my survey. Don't get me wrong, everything worked out fine and I love that they are open on Sundays - big help. When I got there and was paying they, gave me a coupon for a free car wash. I'm thinking, you spend a certain amount at this Service Dept., you know what would be nice? Sending my car TO the car wash before I pick it up. Just a thought. Also, I left it there with a 1/4 tank of gas. I picked it up with it hovering above E. If I had to bring the loaner car back with the same amount of gas I got it with, I think the same should hold true for my car.

My whole team is out today. Well, two are working from home, two are out. Nice and quiet.
                            mookie saw an email earlier. first 2500 fans get a magnet like last year (in place of the schedule posters AGAIN). mookie will be back in december to help clear the scarlet condo of clutter

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

mookie hates those. a 10 is friggin' perfect. like in 'everything is perfect and hiromi oshima also blew mookie' perfect. that doesn't happen, so 9 is ok ('specially considering it's a flippin' 10 point scale range ) then -obviously- peeps get mad if you don't fill in '10'.

Comment

There's no point to a survey that's always all 10's. Means everything if perfect and there's no room for improvement. I don't think that ever happens. Nobody is perfect.

Reminds me of when my daughter bought her car back in the spring. The salesman was all over here about the survey she'd be getting and how he needed all 10's, yada, yada, yada. I looked at him and asked if he felt he deserved 10's? Had he gone above and beyond in dealing with my daughter? His curt reply was "of course". Sorry, pal... if you want me to praise your virtues you need to earn it, not beg for it. When she got the survey, my daughter gave him "honest" marks that were well below 10 in many categories.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X