Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

ahhhhh....I think I get to goal judge again on Saturday!
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Only a 9 hour day today...but we diverted 15% of our business to another branch (thank GOD). The one fault of this company is that they are reactive, not pro-active. Found out there was a systems change in ZIP Codes we ship to (expansion). So they made the change, THEN decided to hire more people. Um, that's a 2-3 week (minimum) delay in getting the required staff hired. BRILLIANT!

At least I don't work with more than one person (minus the last hour~ of my day, when I have to go to the main building to help them finish up).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Heard from my friend. All of them made it thru. Phew.

Comment

Finally home! Flight was delayed about 30 minutes, then after we pulled away from the gate, we sat on the tarmac for close to 20 minutes. Weather here was a factor but it seems pretty nice here tonight. Taking the rest of the week off. Need to do laundry, food shopping and I want to get started on my Emmys recap. Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight.

Comment

Shana Tova lodgers!
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

yawn!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                Shana Tova lodgers!
                From me too.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      You now have the opportunity to lavish this child with the loudest, most obnoxious toys to ever run on battery power. Congrats, it's fun (to not be the parents)!
                      Meh, the parents can always flip the switch, or take the batteries out. Natural noise, on the other hand...

Yes, I also have young nephews.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        1199.2 miles to go.
                        1109.2 miles to go.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          1109.2 miles to go.
                          I am tired looking at this.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

Hi Lodge. Off today. I went with my folks to see their financial planner guy. Years ago, they put some money in a trust for which I am the trustee. We're trying to get this money from the annuity it's in to this financial planner guy. We called today while there, girl on phone is looking for a Tax ID. The trust was opened with my SSN. Both my parents' SSNs are on the thing as well. Girl on phone said it was a Tax ID number, not a SSN. She wouldn't give us access to discuss the account What a pain!! They have my SSN, they should be allowed to talk to me about it.

We called the Senior Resource Center, where my parents first went to set this up. Neither of the two attorneys they spoke with are with this group. They transferred me to another attorney and I left a voicemail. He hasn't called me back yet. What a pain.

I also called today to get an appointment to get my brakes checked. Something is wrong. I think. They were grinding this morning. It may be because I hadn't driven my car in a week. Another pain.

I then had to call to make an eye appointment. The Lens Crafters where I usually go was smashed up by a car back in April and hasn't re-opened. Also, my eye doctor died unexpectedly. Crazy. New place is across the street. I called to make an appointment, asked if they take Eye Med, which they do. They called me to let me know they couldn't find my account there. So then I had to dig through a pile of stuff to find my Eye Med paperwork.

Thank God I'm taking tomorrow off too. I need a day!!

Comment

How long has this been open? Do they have statements??
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I deal with trust owned variable annuities a lot at my work. Any ttee that calls in and knows the full name of the trust and the last four of the TIN/SSN can get all the info they want. Strange to hear of a custodian that won't.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X