Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    why ain't they leaving?
    Flights out of St C are scarce to begin with. When I tried to book in the late summer I had to change plans because I couldn't get a flight. Add to that the last hurricane and people using St C as the jumping off point to where ever. There haven't been flights available since before the middle of last week

The island has been trying to send things over to the other islands that were hit with Irma. The stores were bare and they weren't able to get their next shipment d/t Jose and the last hurricane. The Gov told them to expect no power for maybe a month. They were cutting power to the island a bit ago. They have a generator that is tanked up with fuel but that will run out eventually. Worried sick. Last I looked winds were 175mph and she is in direct path. Hoping their roof holds.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Work sucks, what else is new, lately. Phone died over the weekend, thankfully T-Mobile overnighted one to me today, free of charge (the shipping). Yes, still a flip phone. Bad news: my old SIM card doesn't work with this phone, so I'll spend the next few weeks collecting numbers again for my contacts list. *sigh*
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        So, my brother is getting married in 10 hours, and I have to give a speech at the reception. I got nothing so far (and no, I haven't waited until the last minute...been trying to write this for weeks).
        Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        75 degrees out. It's going to push 90 on Friday. And I'm at home with a **** cold.
        Its going to be a warm Fall Fest this year.

Amy is so glad that she took Fall Fest weekend off. It just happens that the new iPhone drops this friday, and if she was at Best Buy that day, they would be swamped with people who didn't pre-order the 1000 dollar phone, or have to put up with people who want to pick up their phones on Thursday. I know y'all have it in the back!! Don't really see the reason why people would want to pay that much just to be a beta tester for Apple. Especially when their phone works perfectly fine.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          Its going to be a warm Fall Fest this year.

Amy is so glad that she took Fall Fest weekend off. It just happens that the new iPhone drops this friday, and if she was at Best Buy that day, they would be swamped with people who didn't pre-order the 1000 dollar phone, or have to put up with people who want to pick up their phones on Thursday. I know y'all have it in the back!! Don't really see the reason why people would want to pay that much just to be a beta tester for Apple. Especially when their phone works perfectly fine.
          Sheeple. That's it, that's all.

Hope your friend fared the storm without major issues, les.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
            Northeast Regional:
            West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Flights out of St C are scarce to begin with. When I tried to book in the late summer I had to change plans because I couldn't get a flight. Add to that the last hurricane and people using St C as the jumping off point to where ever. There haven't been flights available since before the middle of last week

The island has been trying to send things over to the other islands that were hit with Irma. The stores were bare and they weren't able to get their next shipment d/t Jose and the last hurricane. The Gov told them to expect no power for maybe a month. They were cutting power to the island a bit ago. They have a generator that is tanked up with fuel but that will run out eventually. Worried sick. Last I looked winds were 175mph and she is in direct path. Hoping their roof holds.
                  Hmmmm

Comment

Happy Birthday ShirtlessBob!

Good Morning Lodge!

Haven't heard from my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Haven't heard from my friend.
                      no news is good news with these.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        no news is good news with these.
                        Worried if they lost their roof. They are on a relatively flat area by Tamarind Right after Spicewood rd going toward the ocean. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ta...8!4d-64.671149

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Well, I'm an uncle.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Well, I'm an uncle.
                              ...unless it's a girl, then you're an aunt.

In either case, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Well, I'm an uncle.
                                You now have the opportunity to lavish this child with the loudest, most obnoxious toys to ever run on battery power. Congrats, it's fun (to not be the parents)!
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X