Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Woah. Gas explosion at Minnehaha Academy (Minneapolis) collapses a building.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Woah. Gas explosion at Minnehaha Academy (Minneapolis) collapses a building.
      I saw that on the news in the break room earlier. Three people were still missing when I last saw a report.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Forgot again.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Forgot again.
          Good afternoon Ralph
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Forgot again.
            Me too!

Good Morning mookie!
            Good evening Lodge!

Comment

s'upp y'all

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Me too!

Good Morning mookie!
              Good evening Lodge!
              Good morning Leslie
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Good evening mook!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Good Morning Lodge!

Good evening mook!
                      mookie is sad... weekend now means he can't go to work for another 58hrs 6:30a sunday can't come fast enough!

Comment

I was feeling hungry this morning, decided to stop by Au Bon Pain along the walk from the bus to my office. I pick up a Crème de Fleur and then take it to the cashier. When the cashier asked what I had, I respond, "Crème de Fleur." She asked me to repeat it, and I did. This happened twice more, and upon the third repetition, she replies, "Oh, I got it. I thought you was talkin' French to me."

Um...

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          I was feeling hungry this morning, decided to stop by Au Bon Pain along the walk from the bus to my office. I pick up a Crème de Fleur and then take it to the cashier. When the cashier asked what I had, I respond, "Crème de Fleur." She asked me to repeat it, and I did. This happened twice more, and upon the third repetition, she replies, "Oh, I got it. I thought you was talkin' French to me."

Um...

you of course replied "shut the door"?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            you of course replied "shut the door"?
                            I just smiled. It was the second time I'd had such a conversation at Au Bon Pain. The last time, the woman just laughed at me for saying Crème rather than Cream. Clearly, I was off my rocker both times.

Comment

If you really want to make their head explode, try saying it with an accent next time.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                If you really want to make their head explode, try saying it with an accent next time.
                                An Australian one.
                                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Working...
                                X