Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Morning, Lodge!

Dreary day here, which kinda stinks because a big beer fest is going on. Quite a few of the Gopher fans I hang out with are going, along with more than a few of the beer group that I'm in. Should be a fun, fun day despite the weather.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Can it really have been this long? I remember being in Scotland somewhere in the summer, finding an internet Cafe armed with my list of who I could rep and spending a Pound to rep people and see if you had maxed out. mr les thought I was crazy. (no comments necessary)

Good Morning Lodge!
      For the record:
      leswp1: gmann from mattyt02 and Nathan at 10:26 AM EDT 9/19/07
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Morning, Lodge!

Dreary day here, which kinda stinks because a big beer fest is going on. Quite a few of the Gopher fans I hang out with are going, along with more than a few of the beer group that I'm in. Should be a fun, fun day despite the weather.
        Brenthoven: hockeybando from Mowers10 and Brian Gentry at 1:20 PM EDT 9/19/07
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          s'upp y'all
          mookie1995: dropthatpuck from A Shot and a Goal and Shirtless Guy at 3:36 PM EDT 9/27/07
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            mookie1995: dropthatpuck from A Shot and a Goal and Shirtless Guy at 3:36 PM EDT 9/27/07
            Wow
            It will be a decade in the lodge within a fortnight!
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Wow
              It will be a decade in the lodge within a fortnight!
              Bugger that's a long bloody time!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

What a day. The beer fest was dry, just cloudy. Quite a few GPL (Gopher Puck Live) folks there. Ended up first in line with a friend, nice surprise. Also a bunch of the beer group repped by wearing our shirts, much to my friend's amusement. She said, and I quote, "You guys are a cult!" I can't argue that. A couple of the beers had mega-lines, but got to sample them, thanks to knowing some of said "cult" folks and not having to wait in line.

It was a grand time.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

yawn!
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                      Originally posted by Skeeterman
                      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

anyone check on mark? he awake?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          short ride
                          1373.0 miles to go.
                          1291.2 miles to go.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Paging MEUSA.... THe day can't start until he says good morning in the middle of the night

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Paging MEUSA.... THe day can't start until he says good morning in the middle of the night

Good Morning Lodge!
                              that's the problem with old people

Comment

Sunday is a day of rest. I hardly ever post in the wee hours.

And today I'm fighting some sort of crud. Feel absolutely awful... dry scratchy throat, achy, sinus issues.

I've been in the recliner all day... can't even remember the last time I did this.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X