Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    2161.6 miles to go.
    2069.4 miles to go.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

On hold for National Grid. My electric bill has almost doubled in the last yr. Thank you town for making a 'deal' for our electricity. Trying to find out whether it will be less expensive to revert to the their base service or if we are being screwed as a State.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Good Morning Lodge!

On hold for National Grid. My electric bill has almost doubled in the last yr. Thank you town for making a 'deal' for our electricity. Trying to find out whether it will be less expensive to revert to the their base service or if we are being screwed as a State.
        There are different tiers of electric service? I figured it was either "on" or "off".

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          There are different tiers of electric service? I figured it was either "on" or "off".
          They deregulated and like all deregulation promises to have things get 'better' prices rose like mad. you have to pay a 'supplier' even tho it is going thru the Nat'l grid lines like before. Our town (we all know what a CF they are) made a deal to help us. It is about 10% more expensive than the National Grid rate. One of my former pts is tagging me on FB to go with Ambit Energy. Looking at proces they are good. Looking at complaints it looks like if things are going smoothly then great. If they aren't they charge fees and little extra costs that are hidden. There seems to be no in-between reviews.

Comment

OMFG I am beyond livid right now. Just checked my email and saw an email from my condo association about a cigarette violation. This past Sunday, while I was at my parents' place, I got a text from my friend/neighbor who lives three floors above me. She said she was at the pool and it was littered with cigarette butts. She also included one of the trustees on the text. She asked if she should scoop them up and leave outside the door of the unit above me. You may recall my annoyance that the guy that lives there smokes out on his balcony and I literally caught him flicking a lit cigarette over the balcony. And another time flicking lit ashes over the balcony.

I told my friend to take a picture and email to the condo association. And now I get an email that I'm in violation because "someone in my unit threw cigarette butts into the pool area"???? Hoo boy. I emailed them back saying:
            1) I live alone
            2) I loathe cigarettes
            3) I'm the one that told my friend to photograph the butts and email the condo association because I've caught those people in the unit above me doing just that and I've notified their owner directly because he shouldn't get fined because his tenants are *******es. And I have the texts to prove it.
            4) I was recuperating from minor surgery at my parents over the weekend and wasn't even around.

I said I hoped that letter went to the unit above me and that I expect an apology for getting that email.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              OMFG I am beyond livid right now. Just checked my email and saw an email from my condo association about a cigarette violation. This past Sunday, while I was at my parents' place, I got a text from my friend/neighbor who lives three floors above me. She said she was at the pool and it was littered with cigarette butts. She also included one of the trustees on the text. She asked if she should scoop them up and leave outside the door of the unit above me. You may recall my annoyance that the guy that lives there smokes out on his balcony and I literally caught him flicking a lit cigarette over the balcony. And another time flicking lit ashes over the balcony.

I told my friend to take a picture and email to the condo association. And now I get an email that I'm in violation because "someone in my unit threw cigarette butts into the pool area"???? Hoo boy. I emailed them back saying:
              1) I live alone
              2) I loathe cigarettes
              3) I'm the one that told my friend to photograph the butts and email the condo association because I've caught those people in the unit above me doing just that and I've notified their owner directly because he shouldn't get fined because his tenants are *******es. And I have the texts to prove it.
              4) I was recuperating from minor surgery at my parents over the weekend and wasn't even around.

I said I hoped that letter went to the unit above me and that I expect an apology for getting that email.
              So you're responsible for your neighbor's actions? That's pure BS. PURE BS. I hope you get it straightened out, and quick-like. And knowing you, I have a feeling you will.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all

Arafat day so slept late. Flying to Dubai later on
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  The security guard in the garage this morning thanked me for sending an email to our Corporate Security people thanking and praising her and the other security guard for their help yesterday morning. She was so cute. "You're good people." she said. "Some people drive in here and don't even respond when I say good morning." That's not right.
                  No doubt a bu thing

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

1) I live alone
                        2) I loathe cigarettes

How long until the "Scarlet's Condo" reality show?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                        Twenty red lights in his honor
                        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Got my mid-year review today (we don't do calendar years, obviously; and just finished my 16th year at the company). For the first time since DH Boss wasn't my boss, I got "exceeds expectations" in every category. Hm, go figure.

Basically was told I'm masterful at my position, and was asked to recommend who to train for a second backup, asked about any concerns I had with some of mgmt's choices, etc. Their fave pick, unfortunately, is too short to do some tasks, the way the product is placed on the shelves. Showed New Boss some examples, and he agreed with me, since *I'M* barely tall enough to make some picks. Re-doing the way we stock said product is out of the question, also. That's key.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all

Went to bed at 3a and peeps were still all over and about. Mookie is not even "downtown"

Bustling place here

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Got my mid-year review today (we don't do calendar years, obviously; and just finished my 16th year at the company). For the first time since DH Boss wasn't my boss, I got "exceeds expectations" in every category. Hm, go figure.

Basically was told I'm masterful at my position, and was asked to recommend who to train for a second backup, asked about any concerns I had with some of mgmt's choices, etc. Their fave pick, unfortunately, is too short to do some tasks, the way the product is placed on the shelves. Showed New Boss some examples, and he agreed with me, since *I'M* barely tall enough to make some picks. Re-doing the way we stock said product is out of the question, also. That's key.
                                "Master of his domain"

Comment

Working...
                                X