Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Supposedly little to no rain for us this am (since 6). Still some wind.

Word floating around that all the crews down in Corpus were rescued and accounted for. That's a miracle, thankfully they have a heck of a "sea story" to tell.

Comment

Also, a big *Cancer. Kid I grew up with passed either last night or this am from his second or third round with it. It's been kinda known that this round was terminal, but really sucks seeing bad things happen to really good people.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        We're doing fine so far. Periods of heavy rain, gusts to 40ish.

3 boats from another company sank near the coast of Corpus around midnight EST. Word is the crews are accounted for, bunkering down on a barge waiting for USCG rescue once conditions allow. Hoping for the best for those guys, can't imagine that situation.
        Yikes!
        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Good Morning MEUSA et al!

I forgot again.
        Here I was thinking you were having better sleep habits.

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
        Good Morning, Lodge!

Been a busy week. Last week I was at Wrigley Field with my dad. Great time. Bonus the Cubbies won. Then Saturday, my mom and I drove back to Minnesota so she can check out the new place. Dad flew in on Tuesday and drove my mom back home on Wednesday. As usual, got spoiled. My parents like the new place. Way better than the 1 bedroom apartment.

Also, a big *Cancer. Kid I grew up with passed either last night or this am from his second or third round with it. It's been kinda known that this round was terminal, but really sucks seeing bad things happen to really good people.

Forgot too. Good Evening Lodge!

I don't like when the sun starts to wane at 5:45. I want the sun to be out until 9.

Comment

A big F you to wasps!!! little bastard nailed me right on my right index finger today, right between the first and second knuckle. lot of swelling went into that first knuckle and is restricting some movement in that finger, and kinda felt like some of the swelling was trying to creep up into the middle finger as well. Mother trucker butt full of hate!
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
            A big F you to wasps!!! little bastard nailed me right on my right index finger today, right between the first and second knuckle. lot of swelling went into that first knuckle and is restricting some movement in that finger, and kinda felt like some of the swelling was trying to creep up into the middle finger as well. Mother trucker butt full of hate!
            ow! lots of ice and Adolph's meat tenderizer

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              ow! lots of ice and Adolph's meat tenderizer
              Yeah, been kinda holding onto a frozen water bottle a majority of the time since that agent of butthate stung me. really loused up my day today as I was supposed to go to work today. with as much as I use my fingers, knuckles, and the right hand in general, that wasn't going to happen today.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                Yeah, been kinda holding onto a frozen water bottle a majority of the time since that agent of butthate stung me. really loused up my day today as I was supposed to go to work today. with as much as I use my fingers, knuckles, and the right hand in general, that wasn't going to happen today.
                Oh dear.

Morning, sort of, mookie!
                Nighty night nocturnal ones!

Comment

s'upp y'all

Nitey nite Leslie
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

yawn!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brent, you'd be loving the lightshow I've had down here tonight.

We've started to get very heavy bands of rain tonight. Just had a squall come through with 55+ wind and sheets of sideways rain. Still doing fine, but the water level has started to rise again with the rainfall.

Comment

Brent, you'd be loving the lightshow I've had down here tonight.

We've started to get very heavy bands of rain tonight. Just had a squall come through with 55+ wind and sheets of sideways rain. Still doing fine, but the water level has started to rise again with the rainfall.
                        What has your wave action been like? Experiencing 10 footers in a 35' fishing charter with no cabin was my limit.

Comment

Mornin', Lodge.

Had fun at the bachelor "party" yesterday. A few of us hit up a couple taprooms before joining the main group, where we hit up a couple more taprooms then headed back to the guest of honor's place for a relaxing fire and chilled. Yep, we're old.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Finally showered and was able to change the dressing on my toe. I think the way the doctor wrapped it initially was causing some of my pain. I've been experiencing some sharp, shooting pain, only at night while in bed the last three nights. Possibly due to a muscle cramp, as I don't get that pain at all during the day. Hoping now that I've cleaned and re-wrapped it, not as tightly, that I won't get that pain again. The Percocet was no help. The Advil wasn't really either, tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              What has your wave action been like? Experiencing 10 footers in a 35' fishing charter with no cabin was my limit.
                              Not much at all, maybe 1-2 ft chop. We are 12 miles inland, up a smallish bayou, not enough distance for large waves to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                2246.8 miles to go.
                                2161.6 miles to go.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X