Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Mornin' Lodge. After missing last week, it's back to Church today, although it's the south branch, not my normal branch. Another beautiful day out, too.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      Mookie -- aren't you in the desert? Does it ever rain?
      it will rain once fall arrives, then during winter.

but not now.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Hmmm....I foresee a chainsaw making a debut at the Hammer Shovel Emporium in the near future.
          https://g.co/kgs/biy4ex
          I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
            You're up late!

Good evening from work, tLodge. Have been swatted with fairly significant force the last 2 shifts by a patient. Patient is definitely with it, just does not want to be cared for. However, pt's wife is refusing to take him home as he is quite ill. We're only trying to get him to wear nasal O2. Happy to have the next 2 days off and hoping that he will be gone when I come back Tuesday night.

Mookie -- aren't you in the desert? Does it ever rain?
            Neighborhood Party. Probably the earliest we have come back home from is since lil was lil.

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

5 bushes/weeds trimmed. Lots of brush. Long way to go.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Still digging out from vacation. Spent a lot of the day doing stupid little things that don't take much time except there are a lot of them to do.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Moring, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

7:30 am and they're running a wood chipper down the street?

God, that was fun...

Comment

Thinking of helping them?

I don't start any lawn equipment till 8 am.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Subscribed
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Thinking of helping them?

I don't start any lawn equipment till 8 am.
                            That's my general rule of thumb as well.

God, that was fun...

Comment

hmm, have they moved on to stump grinding yet? A few weeks ago we had someone doing that at 7 AM. Set up and initial running of what ever engine started at 6:30.
                              The stinker of it was they did it until about lunch time then stopped. 3 mornings in a row- Fr-Sun. So irritating. We live at the top of a hill so sound carries like they were in the room next door.

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Howdy Lodge. Up in les-ville at my folks' place. Got here Saturday night. We're about to head out to meet with their financial guy. He's also my financial guy. I may not have him as my financial guy much longer if he does his Trump Is Awesome schtick that he did the last time I was there.

Any.Way. Big doings at my church the last few days. Late Thursday night the Metropolitan of the Diocese emailed all parishoners that our priest, who's been there for 28 years, was "relieved of his duties." It was pretty cryptic as to the reasons. There's been strife between him and the parish council for some time. I'm not too active there so I'm not really aware. Friends on Facebook been all over Facebook all upset and horrified. An online petition was started. I signed it. Then on Saturday I talked to one of my best friends who is on the board of the Ladies Society. She told me how this has been going on for almost 5 years. That all these people whining and complaining need to get their heads out the sand, etc. I knew it was money/power issue. Local media has picked up the story now. It seems to be growing. I told my friend at some point, the story needs to come out because the parish council looks like bad guys here and they're really not.

Yesterday was his final day as priest and the church was PACKED. I had no intention of going. It's almost comical at this point. Someone started a gofundme page. For what? The man isn't destitute. One of my good friends who is overly upset about it has been posting like crazy and one of her non-Greek friends is all up in arms demanding to know why he got fired. I was like "***** please. This has nothing to do with you!" Story isn't over. Should be an interesting next couple of months.

Comment

Working...
                                X