Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Actually, there is something you can do - don't fly with ill-behaved, immature children unless you have extenuating circumstances. It's the same philosophy that good parents apply to dining out with their children. If your child lacks the maturity to eat in public without making a mess and/or being a brat, then you don't take them to restaurants until they are better behaved.
    Well, until you fly for the first time you have no idea how it will go. THe aggravation comes from parents who seem to do nothing or notice that their kid is carrying on. If a parent makes even the slightest effort to try to quiet the little one that takes any aggravation away for me. it is the ones who ignore it without making any effort to distract the little one, etc. Grrr

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Well, until you fly for the first time you have no idea how it will go. THe aggravation comes from parents who seem to do nothing or notice that their kid is carrying on. If a parent makes even the slightest effort to try to quiet the little one that takes any aggravation away for me. it is the ones who ignore it without making any effort to distract the little one, etc. Grrr
      This.
      And the Bose headphones are a tremendous investment and worth every nickel.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

This. And this pertains to any environment.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Never mind me, I'm just being Mr. Grumpy Self-Important Businessman. At this rate, I'm probably going to be that guy who crosses the 4 MM threshold in 25 years, and wonders what the fck I've done with my life.

Comment

Morning mook!

Pre-emptive g'morning MEUSA and RFAlph!

Nighty night nocturnal ones!

Comment

Hi les

S'upp y'all
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

yawn!
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  yawn!
                  late sleeper, you!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Actually, there is something you can do - don't fly with ill-behaved, immature children unless you have extenuating circumstances. It's the same philosophy that good parents apply to dining out with their children. If your child lacks the maturity to eat in public without making a mess and/or being a brat, then you don't take them to restaurants until they are better behaved.
                      I guess I take a different view coming from Alaska where if you want to go anywhere you have to fly. It's a necessity and these are the sorts of things you deal with because well, we've been there too. I mean I can be pretty bad after 10 hours and three time zones too. It effects other things too I guess, I don't mind layovers because it's usually a chance to stretch and eat and I tend to be more upset at dooshy stuff in terminals more than anything.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Well, I've been up since 3. I tried to stay awake as late as I could, but ended up zonking out around 6:30 pm.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I guess I take a different view coming from Alaska where if you want to go anywhere you have to fly. It's a necessity and these are the sorts of things you deal with because well, we've been there too. I mean I can be pretty bad after 10 hours and three time zones too. It effects other things too I guess, I don't mind layovers because it's usually a chance to stretch and eat and I tend to be more upset at dooshy stuff in terminals more than anything.
                          It is the parents who abdicate responsibility and allow their children to be monsters that are the jerks. If the kid is tired and losing it I have all the sympathy in the world but if the parent is drinking thier coffee, playing on their phone and doesn't do the slightest thing to help the kid get a grip then all bad thoughts to them

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            Living in AK is an extenuating circumstance. I don't expect you guys to get in the car and drive for 24+ hours across international boundaries to see relatives.

It is the parents who abdicate responsibility and allow their children to be monsters that are the jerks. If the kid is tired and losing it I have all the sympathy in the world but if the parent is drinking thier coffee, playing on their phone and doesn't do the slightest thing to help the kid get a grip then all bad thoughts to them
                            This is true, and unfortunately, these types of parents exist in droves.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              This is true, and unfortunately, these types of parents exist in droves.
                              mookie's motto. "don't make your problems my problems"

kinda why mookie didn't become a dr.

patient: "my arm hurts when i do this"
                              dr mookie: "then don't do that"

.... in hindsight that prolly was a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                kinda why mookie didn't become a dr.
                                Did mookie consider becoming a gynecologist?
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X