Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Guess I'll start etching my name into my likely usual seat at the *HT. It could be a long season.

Comment

s'upp y'all
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

yawn!
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

uh oh

where's our other old guy?!?!!?

Comment

Not sure why my post from last night didn't actually post. It was my first HHT post of the season. Hmmmm. Always nice to start the season with a win. Tonight is an exhibition game. Yay hockey!

Off to go food shopping.

Comment

Morning, Lodge. MN plays something called Alberta today, but you can only watch it on the Big Ten streaming service (no radio, either).

Ended up at a friend's place last night for a bonfire. Perfect night out for it. Ended up just BSing the night away, before we all knew it, it was 3am. Oops. Been a long time since I was up that late. Yup, getting old.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                798.8 miles to go.
                718.4 miles to go
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Not sure why my post from last night didn't actually post. It was my first HHT post of the season. Hmmmm. Always nice to start the season with a win. Tonight is an exhibition game. Yay hockey!

Off to go food shopping.
                  how does mookie's magnet look? any pic to txt him??

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    how does mookie's magnet look? any pic to txt him??
                    Just texted. Kinda chintzy if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      For those things, I've read about "trading ratings" especially among Uber commerce. "Give me a 5, I'll give you a 5." It's bullsh*.

For my job, you miss ONE day, and you don't get an "exceeds expectations" in that category, but they say "don't come into work if you're sick/etc." Well, most anyone won't get that EE rating. It's darn near impossible.
                      I decided awhile ago that as long as the pay check comes then I don't care about the ratings thing. If I did the best I could then pffft.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

HHT last night. Forgot to post. Looooong last few days.

Comment

Start of a busy week. Giants @ Bucs football today, NYC for wild card Tuesday, Pats @ Bucs Thursday, college hockey in NNY fri/sat.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          I decided awhile ago that as long as the pay check comes then I don't care about the ratings thing. If I did the best I could then pffft.

Good Afternoon Lodge!

HHT last night. Forgot to post. Looooong last few days.
                          Ditto. I just do what I do. And I know that they cannot find someone better right now, so whee!
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Ditto. I just do what I do. And I know that they cannot find someone better right now, so whee!
                            I figured out that for all the whining about how I didn't do things the way she wanted there was no way she was replacing me without a world of pain. At one point I told her she was free to tell me to leave if she didn't like it. THen I decided I was free to leave because I didn't like it.

Comment

I have absolutely no motivation to go back to my office and work. I just don't want to do it anymore. This weekend confirmed that.
                              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Preseason HHT! Looking forward to a good season.
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X