Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Mornin' Lodge.

Seeing pics from Sturgis via my brother, and it reminds me how much I want to go out there sometime just to see all the awesome bikes and experience the Americana that the event is. I am rather jealous of him right now. One year I'll tag along, I suppose. I feel it's just one of those things that people need to do in their lifetime.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
      Originally posted by Skeeterman
      Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
      "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Mornin' Lodge.

Seeing pics from Sturgis via my brother, and it reminds me how much I want to go out there sometime just to see all the awesome bikes and experience the Americana that the event is. I am rather jealous of him right now. One year I'll tag along, I suppose. I feel it's just one of those things that people need to do in their lifetime.
        I've been in Sturgis when the rally was going on twice, neither time on purpose. My niece lived there and we were driving through and stayed with her a couple nights. Crazy. Nuts. Wild.
        Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
          I've been in Sturgis when the rally was going on twice, neither time on purpose. My niece lived there and we were driving through and stayed with her a couple nights. Crazy. Nuts. Wild.
          Many years ago, when I was but a child, my family went out to the Black Hills during Sturgis (not on purpose), and my eyes were as wide as dinner plates, seeing all those bikes.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            So, my brother is getting married in 10 hours, and I have to give a speech at the reception. I got nothing so far (and no, I haven't waited until the last minute...been trying to write this for weeks).
            Too late for this now, but a good suggestion I have heard of is now the time to come clean to the parental units about some funny "Don't tell them" story from your childhood that they probably already had their suspicions about, but have never come clean about it.
            bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

A belated yawn!
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Mookie may fall asleep soon...
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!
                  Good Night or something mookie!

Comment

s'upp y'all.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Morning mook.
                      Nighty night nocturnal ones!

Comment

Evening, tLodge. I married a saint. Also, as it turns out, I don't really like painting. The big move is Friday. We're not hiring movers.

Comment

Oh boy. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Oh boy. Good Luck
                            The only potential problem I see is that our mattress foundation likely won't make it up the stairs into our bedroom on the second floor (we have one for each bed -- ours and the guest). This means we might have to bring them up over the siderail of the 2nd floor porch. I'm hoping for comedy to ensue and not disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              The only potential problem I see is that our mattress foundation likely won't make it up the stairs into our bedroom on the second floor (we have one for each bed -- ours and the guest). This means we might have to bring them up over the siderail of the 2nd floor porch. I'm hoping for comedy to ensue and not disaster.
                              PIVOT! PIVOT! /FriendsTVShow

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X