Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

In DGAF mode. Slammed at work, and "We know we need to send someone down to help you, but we can't because we're swamped." Yep, left on an island. Again. Not that I really care, because now I have proof that if I don't meet a deadline, it ain't on me. So, just doing my thing, and honestly, it's made me drop a lot of stress off the radar.

That being said, just get me to the weekend. /said every person ever
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Oops.

Good Afternoon, MEUSA!

Good Afternoon to the every one in the east and morning to the rest!
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodge (if you aren't in the east)!

Comment

Today started out sucky. Turning out not so bad. But it is still early.

ETA: So, today is my last day before vacation. My boss just left, says to me "Bye. Keep in touch!" Like, is she expecting me to answer emails and stuff while I'm on vacation?
              Last edited by Scarlet; 09-13-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Work sucks right now. Lots of OT, in process of hiring 5 people. Yeah, that short-staffed. Business is booming.

However, this OT has allowed me to make a purchase or two. A guy in my beer group is unloading his cellar, due to him moving (and he doesn't wanna pack it up). So, got about $250 worth (original retail) for $100, including some faves of mine. That's a win. For those that are not in the know, some craft beer has become like wine now, where you can age it/etc.

Other than that, just waiting for hockey season to start.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Oops.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        1495.2 miles to go.
                        1403.6 miles to go.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oops.
                          You are slipping RFAlph! that is 2ce you forgot us

1403.6 miles to go.
                          That is a lot of miles at once. How long does it take you do do that? Do you do it all at one time or do you split it up? (lots of runners run 2 times a day)

Good Afternoon Lodge!

It is muggy here- uff dah.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

That is a lot of miles at once. How long does it take you do do that? Do you do it all at one time or do you split it up? (lots of runners run 2 times a day)

Good Afternoon Lodge!

He probably does the Pittsburgh to DC loop now that the trail is connected.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Besides for stopping a couple of times at a John, it was all in one stretch. This was a 3.2-mile virtually level loop which I kept repeating. When I actually go somewhere I eat lunch in the middle. With this ride I ate the end. The reason that I did the loop was that there was a chance of rain and I could get home quickly. (Well I could get home quickly if it wasn't for all of the construction at The Wharf trying to beat the 10/12 deadline.) There were two small showers in the AM, remnants of Irma, but that was it.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My employer just added 4 more days off to my work calendar next year. Translation: Guess who's got two thumbs and not getting a raise in 2018! This guy right here.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X