View Poll Results: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • McJob/Barista/Waiter, while pretending to write the next Great American Novel

4 19.05%
  • Stripper/Gigolo, while telling patrons you're saving for law school

10 47.62%
  • Move to Rio and take up the carioca beach lifestyle

4 19.05%
  • Write a cheeky spoof of "Sesame Street" that becomes a hit Broadway musical

10 47.62%
  • Hack Freddy Meyer with your framed degree

9 42.86%
  • Marry Giada, so you don't have to worry about money

8 38.10%
  • Become a bacon copywriter for Oscar Mayer

7 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Opposite Girl

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    hey there. any chance scarlet can grab a magnet or 2 for mookie? will have to get them off you in december (along with the other stuff you are holding for him )
    Do you know something I don't? Did I miss an email?What magnet? And of course. I was actually trying to clear of my dining room table, which includes the poster from the banquet and thought to myself "How am I going to get this to mookie???" I am not paying to ship that overseas.

Happy Friday Lodge peeps. Beautiful fall day. Took my loaner back to the dealer and picked up my car after getting all new brakes. Because that was an expense I totally needed at this time. Traffic into Boston was unpleasant. That said, I did make it in about 30 minutes earlier than I anticipated. When I picked up my car, the service guy tells me I will be getting a survey via email, which I always expect, and then he said "10s would be appreciated." By asking for 10s, you don't get a 10, IMO. I am going to mention that in my survey. Don't get me wrong, everything worked out fine and I love that they are open on Sundays - big help. When I got there and was paying they, gave me a coupon for a free car wash. I'm thinking, you spend a certain amount at this Service Dept., you know what would be nice? Sending my car TO the car wash before I pick it up. Just a thought. Also, I left it there with a 1/4 tank of gas. I picked it up with it hovering above E. If I had to bring the loaner car back with the same amount of gas I got it with, I think the same should hold true for my car.

My whole team is out today. Well, two are working from home, two are out. Nice and quiet.

Problem with those surveys is that the company considers anything less than 10s to be a bad result for the employees.

So they are forced to beg for 10s.

Same with my house builder. He said if you aren't unhappy but wouldn't give a 10, it's better to not even fill them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    827.0 miles to go.
    798.8 miles to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Problem with those surveys is that the company considers anything less than 10s to be a bad result for the employees.

So they are forced to beg for 10s.

Same with my house builder. He said if you aren't unhappy but wouldn't give a 10, it's better to not even fill them out.
    What happened to earning a 10? There's no point to a survey that isn't realistic. If you want good marks, do a good job... don't beg me to lie or pad the numbers.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Capt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    What happened to earning a 10? There's no point to a survey that isn't realistic. If you want good marks, do a good job... don't beg me to lie or pad the numbers.
    Corporate BS, unfortunately. I agree with the "earn the 10, don't ask for 10".

We're always supposed to remind clients that they will get a partner survey at the end of our engagement, and that we strive for 10s, so if at any point we aren't earning 10s, to please let us know so we can correct.

That's a lot better than saying at the very end, "plz gimme a 10, kthxbye".
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    We're always supposed to remind clients that they will get a partner survey at the end of our engagement, and that we strive for 10s, so if at any point we aren't earning 10s, to please let us know so we can correct.

other issue is that I don't believe 99% of services will ever earn a 10. So it's kind of an automatic fail.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Do you know something I don't? Did I miss an email?What magnet? And of course. I was actually trying to clear of my dining room table, which includes the poster from the banquet and thought to myself "How am I going to get this to mookie???" I am not paying to ship that overseas.

Happy Friday Lodge peeps. Beautiful fall day. Took my loaner back to the dealer and picked up my car after getting all new brakes. Because that was an expense I totally needed at this time. Traffic into Boston was unpleasant. That said, I did make it in about 30 minutes earlier than I anticipated. When I picked up my car, the service guy tells me I will be getting a survey via email, which I always expect, and then he said "10s would be appreciated." By asking for 10s, you don't get a 10, IMO. I am going to mention that in my survey. Don't get me wrong, everything worked out fine and I love that they are open on Sundays - big help. When I got there and was paying they, gave me a coupon for a free car wash. I'm thinking, you spend a certain amount at this Service Dept., you know what would be nice? Sending my car TO the car wash before I pick it up. Just a thought. Also, I left it there with a 1/4 tank of gas. I picked it up with it hovering above E. If I had to bring the loaner car back with the same amount of gas I got it with, I think the same should hold true for my car.

My whole team is out today. Well, two are working from home, two are out. Nice and quiet.
    mookie saw an email earlier. first 2500 fans get a magnet like last year (in place of the schedule posters AGAIN). mookie will be back in december to help clear the scarlet condo of clutter
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

mookie hates those. a 10 is friggin' perfect. like in 'everything is perfect and hiromi oshima also blew mookie' perfect. that doesn't happen, so 9 is ok ('specially considering it's a flippin' 10 point scale range ) then -obviously- peeps get mad if you don't fill in '10'.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

There's no point to a survey that's always all 10's. Means everything if perfect and there's no room for improvement. I don't think that ever happens. Nobody is perfect.

Reminds me of when my daughter bought her car back in the spring. The salesman was all over here about the survey she'd be getting and how he needed all 10's, yada, yada, yada. I looked at him and asked if he felt he deserved 10's? Had he gone above and beyond in dealing with my daughter? His curt reply was "of course". Sorry, pal... if you want me to praise your virtues you need to earn it, not beg for it. When she got the survey, my daughter gave him "honest" marks that were well below 10 in many categories.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    mookie hates those. a 10 is friggin' perfect. like in 'everything is perfect and hiromi oshima also blew mookie' perfect. that doesn't happen, so 9 is ok ('specially considering it's a flippin' 10 point scale range ) then -obviously- peeps get mad if you don't fill in '10'.
    I'm fine with getting 9s. It's 8s and lower that we need to avoid. Our vendor has high standards for implementation partners.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

For those things, I've read about "trading ratings" especially among Uber commerce. "Give me a 5, I'll give you a 5." It's bullsh*.

For my job, you miss ONE day, and you don't get an "exceeds expectations" in that category, but they say "don't come into work if you're sick/etc." Well, most anyone won't get that EE rating. It's darn near impossible.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    798.8 miles to go.
    ....to Chicago
    Ralph has a full tank of gas.
    It's dark out
    and he's wearing sunglasses.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

Vote Bullwinkle J. Moose For President in 2016

Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom

Hi. I'm ****ing bombed.

Capt

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Hi. I'm ****ing bombed.
    Shenanicans?!?!?!

Hi. I'm ****ing bombed.
    I'm.....feeling good. Had a 2012 barleywine, followed by a 2015 stout. I'm not blasmed/for shenanicans, but I'm not driving anywhere. After adulting tomorrow, there's gonna be a nice bottleshare on Sunday with a few people. Nothing big, just some out of state stuff you can't get here, and some vintage beers. Should be fun.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Shenanicans?!?!?!
    Yes.

Yes.
    Don't get a bump on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Don't get a bump on your head.
    No concerns there.

Thread Information