Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Good Evening Lodge.

Release day today, and again, fixing things up until the last second, and stuff going wrong during deployment. I need a margarita.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Good Evening Lodge.

Release day today, and again, fixing things up until the last second, and stuff going wrong during deployment. I need a margarita.
      Applebee's has $1 margarita's this month. Go wild.

Comment

• s'upp y'all

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Applebee's has rats
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
          I thought the Millennials killed it.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            I thought the Millennials killed it.
            That sanctimonious, chainsmoking fck Bourdain killed it, along with TGI McFunsters casual chain restaurants the world over.

Oh, wait...that was just last night's dream. Sorry!

Comment

Places like Old Chicago, Applebees, TGI Fridays...they lived off of bland food that was better than Perkins/etc. Whee. Bland does not cut it anymore. I love my OC, they were one of the first to bring in craft beer, but they fell behind. Hardcore. Trying to recover now, but it's too late.

They are now dinosaurs for old people who don't want to try anything new.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Places like Old Chicago, Applebees, TGI Fridays...they lived off of bland food that was better than Perkins/etc. Whee. Bland does not cut it anymore. I love my OC, they were one of the first to bring in craft beer, but they fell behind. Hardcore. Trying to recover now, but it's too late.

They are now dinosaurs for old people who don't want to try anything new.
                Basically, this. The menu is as follows:

-Onion somethings
                -Jalapeno poppers
                -Totally NOT Buffalo chicken wings
                -Quesadilla
                -Taco or Nacho-like thing ("Irish" nachos, "Potatachos")

-Basic burger
                -Ooooh, a "firecracker" burger with some Yank "chili" and a couple shreds of jalapeno & mild pepperjack on it
                -Club sandwich with a themed twist ("Cajun", "Southwest", "California", "Lampshade it by Making Fun of It")
                -Chicken sandwich with a themed twist (available grilled for the alleged "watching my weight" crowd)
                -Faux-exotic/spicy fish sandwich, with mediocre salsa or some BS like that. Also available fried or grilled.

-Themed pasta (plural in the case of Italian)
                -Smothered chicken dish, typically also themed
                -Steak
                -Fish & chips
                -Broiled fish topped with mediocre salsa for "diet" crowd (see sandwich above)

-Chocolate volcano/lava thing
                -Twist on a basic sundae (brownie sundae, cookie sundae)
                -Custard something
                -Fruity thing for "dieters"

Comment

Pretty much.

As for OC, they led the way for craft beer. Then the Surly law happened in MN, and in other states, taprooms caught on, and OC was laying in the dust. They NOW rotate local taps every 2 weeks or so, which would be fine.....3 years ago. It's the min standard now for restaurants. Basically, all these places relied on reputation. And now that reputation is shot.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Pretty much.

As for OC, they led the way for craft beer. Then the Surly law happened in MN, and in other states, taprooms caught on, and OC was laying in the dust. They NOW rotate local taps every 2 weeks or so, which would be fine.....3 years ago. It's the min standard now for restaurants. Basically, all these places relied on reputation. And now that reputation is shot.
                    OC's one of the better ones. The one 5 minutes from my house has a decent selection of taps and rotates regularly. The food isn't anything too off the rails, but gets the job done.

$20 gets me a beer I probably haven't tried before, a burger that doesn't involve a clown in a yellow jumpsuit, and the game on a 65 inch TV. That's all I ask. You don't have to go to the other extreme and give me "arugula fed gluten-free conflict-free fair trade Kobe beef with a sriracha kale unicorn jizz reduction hand-made by Tibetan monks in that old abandoned tire factory down the street and served on an old license plate" either.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      You don't have to go to the other extreme and give me "arugula fed gluten-free conflict-free fair trade Kobe beef with a sriracha kale unicorn jizz reduction hand-made by Tibetan monks in that old abandoned tire factory down the street and served on an old license plate" either.
                      Fck that, too. Especially since Kobe is rarely "real" Kobe on this side of the Pacific, and so many of the other terms are just marketing BS.

Comment

yawn!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!
                            Off to Clinical!

Comment

Morning.

Good to see Minnesota's one sports dynasty continue. Lynx won their 4th WNBA title in the last 7 years.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Ha. I don't usually post in this thread, but I came over here to vote in Kepler's MLB thingy, and this subject line amused me. The answer is: computer programmer.

Comment

Working...
                                X