Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

s'upp y'all
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Ich vergessen habe.

To turn it to the past tense it goes at the end. And thus ends my knowledge of German...
      Nope. The conjugated verb usually goes at the end in a subordinate clause, not in the main clause.

Ich habe gestern nicht gepostet, weil ich vergessen habe.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-11-2017, 02:49 AM.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

4 hour service window this am for a couple issues with my security system. This nonsense 4 hour stuff is silly, next thing you know it will be "sometime between the hours of 8-5".

Comment

Good Morning Lodge.

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                  4 hour service window this am for a couple issues with my security system. This nonsense 4 hour stuff is silly, next thing you know it will be "sometime between the hours of 8-5".
                  Try telling them "I'll have my payment to you somewhere between the 1st and 30th."
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                    Try telling them "I'll have my payment to you somewhere between the 1st and 30th."
                    Tech actually showed up right in the middle of it (better than I expected). We are on hour 4 of fixing my issue (worse than I expected).

Comment

More and more, Wednesdays are becoming my Tuesdays.

Comment

Going to get another 4 hour service window to try to fix this issue, yay.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            Tech actually showed up right in the middle of it (better than I expected). We are on hour 4 of fixing my issue (worse than I expected).
                            Which is why they give windows of time, I imagine. When I see this I cringe. I hate the window thing but with unpredictable stuff I would rather have a window than an exact time for an unpredictable issue. Makes me think of people who get mad when they don't get into the office to see their Provider exactly on time. They tell you you are 12 minutes late (taking another minute) then come in for their 15 minute appointment with a list they can't even read off in 15 minutes. (and if you are lucky they followed closely on the heels of someone who had problems you found, needed to explain or evaluate further before letting them go). I loved the problem solving part of being an NP but the appointment part- not so much. People had unrealistic expectations. The front desk would tell people it shouldn't be long, the patient would tell the front desk they were coming for something uncomplicated. No one ever considered other variables. God. I do. not. miss. that.

Off to Clinical where there is no appt.

Good Morning Lodge!
                            Good Afternoon mookie!

Hope you are eating up the miles RFAlph!

Comment

s'upp y'all
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                399.8 miles to go.
                                319.4 miles to go.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X