Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #192: What DO you do, with a BA in English?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    won't go to game 1, but....
    I like the way you think!

How about you, Ms. Scarlet? Making the trip to Hamden next weekend?
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Evening. Chatted with the owner of the local brewery tonight, hadn't seen him in a couple weeks. Told him one of his beers was very much liked in the snob group I'm in, including a local restaurant owner, who is very picky on what he likes. Generally, just networking with some in the craft beer industry. It's been paying off, and while who knows WHAT the industry will look like in 20 years, it'll be nice to have some connections when I retire. I don't think I'm the type of person to NOT work/do SOMEthing when I retire from my current job.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Morning mookie!
          Nighty Night Nocturnal ones!

Comment

yawn!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!

Off to Clinical. It is nasty humid this am and 67F in dark. They said it was going to cool down. Um. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Good Morning Lodge!

Off to Clinical. It is nasty humid this am and 67F in dark. They said it was going to cool down. Um. Nope.
                  Really?! I need sleep and this weather has made me feel like a sweaty nutsack in the summer. Plus, we turned on the AC on Monday in the new house and it leaked all over the basement, so no AC.

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

Busy planning my trip out to SLU & Clarkson next week. Busy figuring out what to do for work. Interviewed at a place and the recruiter that sent me the position has been talking to me every day since Monday telling me he expects an offer, that the employer is sending out "buying signals". Then he starts talking salary with me and we're talking 30% less than what was in the job description/posting.
                    I don't know what to do at this point. I think it'd be a good fit for me, but I know it'd be more work. Like say goodbye to 10 hours a week more work, and it's automotive. Automotive sucks. Then I look at this salary they're talking about and I'm like, what is this? Is this because you found a female candidate so you think 70 cents on the dollar should be good enough?

All the meanwhile, things are getting slightly better at my current position, and I'm wondering if I can fix this one enough to make it acceptable to me. *sigh* Adulting is hard.
                    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I wouldn't hesitate to tell them your salary requirements. Especially if it's in line with the posting.
                      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I think it is much more likely that they put an inflated number in the posting to get more interest and never had intentions to pay anyone that much. Scummy move, IMO.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          I think it is much more likely that they put an inflated number in the posting to get more interest and never had intentions to pay anyone that much. Scummy move, IMO.
                          I agree. I'm sure part of your interest in this position was salary-based, so if they come back to you with that substantial of a decrease for more work than you're currently doing, maybe you should tell them to pound sand.

Happy Thursday peeps. Had PT at 8am. And like les said, ridiculously muggy here this morning. I was sweating on the T on the way there. Supposed to cool off later. I'm going to the Red Sox game tonight. Thankfully our (somewhat) new dress code is allowing me to wear jeans in the office so I didn't have to bring two changes of clothes with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            909.0 miles to go.
                            827.0 miles to go.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                              Really?! I need sleep and this weather has made me feel like a sweaty nutsack in the summer. Plus, we turned on the AC on Monday in the new house and it leaked all over the basement, so no AC.
                              UGH!

Cooler this afternoon. Thankfully

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                Good morning Lodge.

Busy planning my trip out to SLU & Clarkson next week. Busy figuring out what to do for work. Interviewed at a place and the recruiter that sent me the position has been talking to me every day since Monday telling me he expects an offer, that the employer is sending out "buying signals". Then he starts talking salary with me and we're talking 30% less than what was in the job description/posting.
                                I don't know what to do at this point. I think it'd be a good fit for me, but I know it'd be more work. Like say goodbye to 10 hours a week more work, and it's automotive. Automotive sucks. Then I look at this salary they're talking about and I'm like, what is this? Is this because you found a female candidate so you think 70 cents on the dollar should be good enough?

All the meanwhile, things are getting slightly better at my current position, and I'm wondering if I can fix this one enough to make it acceptable to me. *sigh* Adulting is hard.
                                Don't jump just to jump. You have a job. Decide what you want from the other place and value yourself enough to expect they meet it. If you settle for less then you feel like you are supposed to stick for X period of time which is wasted if it isn't the right thing. Listened to this a bit ago. It was really interesting take on what happens when women go for a job, think about interviewing etc. THey talked about what women do differently. It was all true for me until recently.

http://www.npr.org/2016/02/02/465246...etter-salaries

Comment

Working...
                                X