Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    That's certainly true, though there's a difference between somebody saying "I just don't enjoy opera" and "Hurr, opera is dumb." The former person has their opinion and god bless them. The latter person... welp, something's dumb, anyway...

I can't stand ballet. I find it boring. But I'm not going to tell somebody who loves ballet "ballet is boring" because I know that's not objectively true, it's just that for whatever reason I can't get into it. If I say "I haven't enjoyed the ballets I have seen" there's not much arguing, except the person might say "well, have you tried x?" If somebody tells me they haven't enjoyed opera I would suggest they try the English version of Die Fledermaus, which is hysterically funny and very accessible, or Carmen, which is sex, violence, and an over-the-top pot boiler.
    This is how the conversation usually goes...

Me: I know everyone likes The Wire but I honestly tried watching it and I never got into it...I can see why people like it but it just isnt my thing.
    Wire Fan: You obviously have zero taste! You dont get why [insert name here] is the greatest character in modern tv history?!?!? The writers are so far above you that you just dont get it!
    Me: No...I get it and like I said I understand why people love it, I just dont.
    Wire: Who do you think you are?!?! Critics agree it is the best show of all time? But not you, cause you are like so much better?
    Me: Nope.
    Wire: What do you watch...I bet it sucks!!!
    Me: And we are done...

There is lots of things I dont like but I respect. That isnt good enough for fans of certain things though. For years I couldnt stand Led Zepplin...the amount of crap I took for that from everyone and their mother was insane. I still do because I cant stand The Doors. Hell...I get crap because I dont play Fantasy Football and find NFL football boring nowadays. (and if I dare mention liking basketball every hockey snob goes bleeping nuts!!!) Fans of certain groups, movies, sports and TV shows just are too deep into it. Me, if I am entertained great if not oh well I hope you were!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Pink Floyd fans are also terrible at this.
      F##k you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        If you have no idea what I am talking about find a Rush fan, say you dont like their music and prepare to be amazed
        Not if you a) don't like hour-long lectures on why Rush is so great and b) want to get killed after said lecture.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I like Rush, in moderation. I have no problem acknowledging they are a music nerd's band, though. That's why their concert audiences look like a Michigan Tech house party.

Comment

Rush sucks
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Rush sucks
              Minus 2 or 3 songs, I agree.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

This #$#!$ing jackoff, and his ****ty "music", and everyone that listens to that noise and enjoys it.

Fck you with Foxton's used anal dildo.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  This #$#!$ing jackoff, and his ****ty "music", and everyone that listens to that noise and enjoys it.

Fck you with Foxton's used anal dildo.
                  He's getting a themed restaurant in the new arena? Lolololol. Suckers.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Sad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Even funnier is unless they find a spot to wedge him in, Chili's Chili isn't in the new building.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Even funnier is unless they find a spot to wedge him in, Cheli's Chili isn't in the new building.
                        All about the Benjamins, baby. Kid paid up, and Chelios didn't.

Comment

Reddit. It's good for information for certain things, match day threads in r/MLS and new set info in r/magictcg, but holy **** can the people discussing things be any more annoying?
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I had to turn on the AC tonight. The house is still 77 at 10 pm and the dew point even inside th house is at "can't sleep" levels. I could wait I out, but **** it.
                            Code:
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

When grocery stores rearrange where they keep things for no apparent reason.

When a perfectly fine website gets a re-design that makes it worse than before. We have to go to a supplier's website to download a document to provide to customers. Find it, click "print to PDF," done. Now my link to that spot doesn't work; the place to find it isn't where you'd expect, and then you cannot print to PDF but if you just print the screen you get those annoying extra lines that let everyone know you are printing from a screen view.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I'll take it a step further. Website redesigns in general. They peaked just before flash and java took off. Now every single one seems to make the website progressively worse.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X