Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I am in the 1% of the population that has never seen an episode of Game of Thrones."

Translated: "Look at me! I'm so special and unique!"
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      "I am in the 1% of the population that has never seen an episode of Game of Thrones."

Old "meme" but as a Breaking Bad fan, talking to GoT fans, "I get it! I'm sorry for what I did to you when BB was on the air!"
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Old "meme" but as a Breaking Bad fan, talking to GoT fans, "I get it! I'm sorry for what I did to you when BB was on the air!"
        Never saw BB until last winter. Awesome show, don't watch that much TV other than sports. Haven't seen Game of Thrones either, someday I'll watch it
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

First of all it is more than 1%. Second of all why do GoT fans (or fans of any show) get so uppity just because someone hasnt watched their show? Me saying I dont watch it is no different than you (not you specifically) talking about it incessantly and telling me I have to watch it.

Now personally I have never felt the need to watch the show but I also dont brag about it. I dont refuse to watch it cause it is cool to be different, the show doesnt interest me.

(Breaking Bad and The Wire fans are the worst about harassing people who didnt watch their show...the Family Guy bit about it was awesome )
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            First of all it is more than 1%. Second of all why do GoT fans (or fans of any show) get so uppity just because someone hasnt watched their show? Me saying I dont watch it is no different than you (not you specifically) talking about it incessantly and telling me I have to watch it.

Now personally I have never felt the need to watch the show but I also dont brag about it. I dont refuse to watch it cause it is cool to be different, the show doesnt interest me.

(Breaking Bad and The Wire fans are the worst about harassing people who didnt watch their show...the Family Guy bit about it was awesome )
            You just don't get it Handy. Clearly. Or you don't like good TV>

Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I love the premise of GoT. I've never seen one episode.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I've been watching GoT since shortly after it began. I love discussing it with people who've also seen it, but other than telling people who've not watched it "you don't know what you're missing," I don't get uppity about it.

Also, I've never seen Breaking Bad or The Wire.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

GoT interests me not, but I don't begrudge those that watch. How's that Shirtless?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    I've been watching GoT since shortly after it began. I love discussing it with people who've also seen it, but other than telling people who've not watched it "you don't know what you're missing," I don't get uppity about it.

Also, I've never seen Breaking Bad or The Wire.
                    Same here, 3 x 3 .
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      GoT interests me not, but I don't begrudge those that watch. How's that Shirtless?
                      I don't watch it either. But all I want to say is that not watching a TV show doesn't make you special m
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I like when people tell me the shows they have really enjoyed. That's how I got into GoT in the first place, as well as American Gods, American Horror Story, Black Mirror, and many other shows. Previews are almost always marketed to make shows look stupider than they are, so word of mouth is really the only way I ever find out about shows being worth watching.
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It is one thing to say "hey this show is awesome and here is why". Fans of shows like GoT and Breaking Bad and ESPECIALLY the Wire will **** near set you on fire if you dare say you dont care for the show. 24 fans were like that also up until I guess the show jumped the shark. (I never got into it)

It is like music and movies...some people get their entire self worth by other people liking what they like. Then they accuse you of "not getting it" or pretend you arent smart just cause you have an opinion contrary to theirs. If you have no idea what I am talking about find a Rush fan, say you dont like their music and prepare to be amazed
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It is like music and movies...some people get their entire self worth by other people liking what they like. Then they accuse you of "not getting it" or pretend you arent smart just cause you have an opinion contrary to theirs. If you have no idea what I am talking about find a Rush fan, say you dont like their music and prepare to be amazed
                            Pink Floyd fans are also terrible at this.

Comment

That's certainly true, though there's a difference between somebody saying "I just don't enjoy opera" and "Hurr, opera is dumb." The former person has their opinion and god bless them. The latter person... welp, something's dumb, anyway...

I can't stand ballet. I find it boring. But I'm not going to tell somebody who loves ballet "ballet is boring" because I know that's not objectively true, it's just that for whatever reason I can't get into it. If I say "I haven't enjoyed the ballets I have seen" there's not much arguing, except the person might say "well, have you tried x?" If somebody tells me they haven't enjoyed opera I would suggest they try the English version of Die Fledermaus, which is hysterically funny and very accessible, or Carmen, which is sex, violence, and an over-the-top pot boiler.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 09-08-2017, 02:47 PM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Never saw any of the 3 or had anyone harass me that I haven't. lil les is reading the Gof T books. Says they are really good.

People who get their grill up the back end of your car when you are navigating thru narrow streets with people parked on either side (not well) and folks coming in the other direction. Dude, you are not going any faster than me because you have a shiny Ford 150. ==wasn't even like I was going very slow. You can't drive through a space another car is in.

Comment

Working...
                                X