Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    For every woman I hear doing this with her inane personal stuff I hear nine suits doing it about their inane marketing / finance business. It may be an Acela Corridor thing, but the worst offenders are always (1) men, (2) 30s to mid 40s, (3) wearing the International Uniform of the Entitled F-ck. I grew up with these people. They're pond scum.
    What did we do before cell phones?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The "dress down" version of the uniform.

Comment

Do not chew your ****ing gum into the phone.

Comment

YouTube ad-blockers not working consistently. Google is getting smarter.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
            Do not chew your ****ing gum into the phone.
            what that a quote from an actual conversation?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              YouTube ad-blockers not working consistently. Google is getting smarter.
              ABP/uBlock, Ghostery, HOSTS file update. That does it for me. Haven't seen an ad on YouTube in ages.

ETA: Add OpenDNS to that.
              Last edited by Twitch Boy; 08-18-2017, 11:28 AM.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                ABP/uBlock, Ghostery, HOSTS file update. That does it for me. Haven't seen an ad on YouTube in ages.

ETA: Add OpenDNS to that.
                Did the HOSTS file update, we'll see if that helps.

Comment

Websites with autoplay videos...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Aaaaaaugh. Our trap team missed out on first place in league this year by 0.06 birds out of 700+ birds between the two teams in the shootoff.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Where's the thread in this forum to complain about how Win10 shuts off the WiFi on a laptop by default to "save power" and it takes rattling through both network adapter and power management settings to make it stay on (and I'm still not sure I have it set correctly).

C'mon people.
                      Seriously.
                      No where to < bleep > about MSFT?
                      < shakes head in disgust >
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Where's the thread in this forum to complain about how Win10 shuts off the WiFi on a laptop by default to "save power" and it takes rattling through both network adapter and power management settings to make it stay on (and I'm still not sure I have it set correctly).

C'mon people.
                        Seriously.
                        < shakes head in disgust >
                        That belongs here.

Why is the FB Scrabble app suddenly trying to force me to play the Mattel version. I can't access the old kind on my Surface. My laptop has no problem

Comment

windows 10 never shuts off my WiFi...must be user error
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It doesn't shut off my wifi, either. Once in a while, I have to re-establish a connection (instead of auto-connect) at a place I've been before, but that's not a big deal.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Did it to me this weekend. COuldn't find any of the wi-fi connections and there were 4

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                I thought that could be done anywhere?
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X