Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I miss playing that and scrabble. No one will play scrabble with me
    I received a nice game for a present: called Bananagrams. It is like collective scrabble solitaire: each player gets his/her own set of letter tiles and tries to use them all in a scrabble grid. everyone plays at the same time and tries to complete the grid first. What makes it interesting is that you start with a limited set of tiles, and every time someone uses all theirs, each player picks another tile, repeat until all tiles drawn.

It's shorter and more interesting than scrabble.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I miss playing that and scrabble. No one will play scrabble with me
      I'd play scrabble with you if you lived in this area. Often, if you're a redhead.

I love scrabble but I haven't had a worthy opponent in decades. Dr. Mrs. hates board games which is kinda her only flaw.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        I received a nice game for a present: called Bananagrams. It is like collective scrabble solitaire: each player gets his/her own set of letter tiles and tries to use them all in a scrabble grid. everyone plays at the same time and tries to complete the grid first. What makes it interesting is that you start with a limited set of tiles, and every time someone uses all theirs, each player picks another tile, repeat until all tiles drawn.

It's shorter and more interesting than scrabble.
        I have that. We used to play at breakfast when lilnsl was at home.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I'd play scrabble with you if you lived in this area. Often, if you're a redhead.

I love scrabble but I haven't had a worthy opponent in decades. Dr. Mrs. hates board games which is kinda her only flaw.
        Ohhhhhh! DO you have the scrabble app? I will play you. Legal and I used to regularly hit >400pts (without cheating and looking things up). No one will play me because I am 'too good'

Comment

https://apps.facebook.com/ea_scrabbl...=0&fb_bmpos=_0

Comment

You're on.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              You're on.
              Wahoooo!! I repped you my real name. Challenge me

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                The one thing I’m considering getting without a deal is a stressless recliner by ekornes. Mostly because you really can’t get them on sale.
                They go on sale (watch HOM Furniture) but it's only normally 10%, not the "super-duper-storewide-selling the rafters, everything is 60% off!" sales.

That said, they are worth the price. And get the matching ottoman if you can. You'll understand why when you have it.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Downstairs always kind of sucks to furnish if you use it as an entertaining space. Probably the most expensive area of the house.
                  Um, huh? Weren't you just talking "table"?

I'd say most expensive area is a formal dining room: table for six, two leaves to get to ten, table covers/pads, six or eight chairs, china hutch, side board. <-- That's a small car.

My basement is leather furniture that used to be upstairs, and the billiards table. The man-cave (also downstairs) is a scratch and dent store sectional and the big 65" plasma* TV. Those two spaces still aren't the formal dining.

*Plasma is nicer for watching hockey than LED/LCD.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yo, Brent, Deutsche Gopher Fan, where are these furniture outlet nirvanas? MSP? I'm looking at downsizing to a condo and a small lake place in a year or two.

PS - Deutsche, I was going to call you "DGF" but it's too much like "Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton".

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      They go on sale (watch HOM Furniture) but it's only normally 10%, not the "super-duper-storewide-selling the rafters, everything is 60% off!" sales.

That said, they are worth the price. And get the matching ottoman if you can. You'll understand why when you have it.
                      I got a chair and ottoman today- $400 off, which is basically the tax. I’m ok with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Yo, Brent, Deutsche Gopher Fan, where are these furniture outlet nirvanas? MSP? I'm looking at downsizing to a condo and a small lake place in a year or two.

PS - Deutsche, I was going to call you "DGF" but it's too much like "Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton".
                        Ha!
                        Yes the room and board outlet is in golden valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Yikes.
                          On the furniture theme, I’m hunting for some new stuff. Most of what is in the house I bought six years ago was purchased for the condo I lived previously.
                          Nice furniture is not cheap. I like modern and Scandinavian but don’t want a lot from Ikea. I now have an entire basement to furnish, too.
                          Best thing I’ve found is room and board outlet. I got $2000 worth of office storage for $900 this weekend. I don’t even get there early to line up like some people- I just stroll in. Granted I am not looking for a 5k sectional either.
                          The one thing I’m considering getting without a deal is a stressless recliner by ekornes. Mostly because you really can’t get them on sale.
                          What are you doing with the basement? So much room down there
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Ha!
                            Yes the room and board outlet is in golden valley.
                            I think I know where that is...don't tell Angie
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Um, huh? Weren't you just talking "table"?

I'd say most expensive area is a formal dining room: table for six, two leaves to get to ten, table covers/pads, six or eight chairs, china hutch, side board. <-- That's a small car.

My basement is leather furniture that used to be upstairs, and the billiards table. The man-cave (also downstairs) is a scratch and dent store sectional and the big 65" plasma* TV. Those two spaces still aren't the formal dining.

*Plasma is nicer for watching hockey than LED/LCD.
                              I have no idea where you’re buying you dining room furniture but you are paying too much if it cost you the same as a car.

I’d like a stressless, but I’m also not going to pay that price. Unless they’ve come down significantly since I last looked. But I’m guessing they have only gone up.

ETA: plasma is better than everything for watching everything.
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-27-2017, 09:18 PM.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Plasma is much better. Warmer colors, and less....computer-like/cold viewing? Seemed too sterile on an LCD.

And I *think* the Slumberlands have a couple locations, I went to the one in St Louis Park, MN.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X