Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Hotel computers and the idiots that use them. Went to print out an email from my gmail account and lo and behold I was logged straight in to the previous user's gmail and saw all her emails.

After I logged in and did my thing, I deleted all the gmail accounts on that computer. I did my good deed for the day.

2nd beef comes from last night's Johnson & Wales v Wentworth men's game. The JWU off ice Officials are incompetent. Having done my stint as an off ice scorekeeper, timekeeper, and PA guy at the NCAA and junior level, I hate it when
    (a) the time Keeper keeps putting up Penalty times when they should not go up.
    (b) the announcer girl can't be heard and does this: Penalty on Wentworth #18 (name) 2 min for hooking. 2 minutes.

AARGH - send the crew to Schneider or Meehan to learn how it is done. Read the Flippin rule book for when and when not to put penalties on the clock. There is an off ice officials manual on the NCAA hockey page. READ IT!

My rant for the day is done. We now return you to your normal programming.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Hotel computers and the idiots that use them. Went to print out an email from my gmail account and lo and behold I was logged straight in to the previous user's gmail and saw all her emails.

After I logged in and did my thing, I deleted all the gmail accounts on that computer. I did my good deed for the day.

2nd beef comes from last night's Johnson & Wales v Wentworth men's game. The JWU off ice Officials are incompetent. Having done my stint as an off ice scorekeeper, timekeeper, and PA guy at the NCAA and junior level, I hate it when
      (a) the time Keeper keeps putting up Penalty times when they should not go up.
      (b) the announcer girl can't be heard and does this: Penalty on Wentworth #18 (name) 2 min for hooking. 2 minutes.

AARGH - send the crew to Schneider or Meehan to learn how it is done. Read the Flippin rule book for when and when not to put penalties on the clock. There is an off ice officials manual on the NCAA hockey page. READ IT!

My rant for the day is done. We now return you to your normal programming.
      Strange, when my brother was at JWU they seemed pretty competent.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        But her emails?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          The bad news: This bedroom also houses a 3-foot ball python. Her name is Misty. Caveat emptor.
          That's OK. I brought my knife and South American sauce. Where's the grill?
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

This gear-grinder really pizzes me off big-time!

An ambulance or fire truck goes by, siren blaring, lights flashing. Of course everyone pulls off to the side to let it through.

Every once in a while, a major league !&E#*@*##! tries to jump right behind it and zip past everyone else who are all still off to the side. Sooner or later someone is going to pull back out into traffic without checking, not expecting anyone would be so [searches for right word] to pull such a dangerous move.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
              Sooner or later someone is going to pull back out into traffic without checking, not expecting anyone would be so [searches for right word] to pull such a dangerous move.
              As a replacement for the bolded, please select one:

(A) wishing to become a statistic
              (B) applying for a Darwin Award
              (C) < bleep > < bleep > < bleeping > < bleep >
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Bought some greeting cards last night at Meijer. Saw some that had an "I'm so glad you're in my life" label, and I'm thinking great, I can send these to my "mom" friends. Open them up and discovered they were romantic. Had to go down to "best friends."

At least at Target, the romance cards are labeled accordingly.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The first day of your gf weening herself off her anti-depressants. I can handle the attacking me over it she cant control that and I will definitely let it roll off my shoulders...but seeing her like this is hard to watch. It is a struggle just to sit down and have a conversation
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    The first day of your gf weening herself off her anti-depressants. I can handle the attacking me over it she cant control that and I will definitely let it roll off my shoulders...but seeing her like this is hard to watch. It is a struggle just to sit down and have a conversation
                    You strong, man, and knowing your tastes, your woman is just as strong. You'll both get through this. I got your back on this.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

ADs should come with black-boxed withdrawal warnings in the PIL. Hope she starts improving soon.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        ADs should come with black-boxed withdrawal warnings in the PIL. Hope she starts improving soon.
                        If a person is sensitive this can really suck. Its how the person metabolizes the med. There are those that cold turkey stop huge doses with no effect and those who can get horrible withdrawal on 'sub-therapeutic' doses. They have blood tests now, based on genetics, that can predict some of this but they aren't widely used yet. In the next few yrs they are going to be prescribing meds based on genetic testing of metabolic pathways. (so fiiiiiinalllly we won't need to start something, tell people to wait 6-8 weeks and hope you hit the right one)

Comment

Why is she transitioning off? Most folks on them need the support.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            If a person is sensitive this can really suck. Its how the person metabolizes the med. There are those that cold turkey stop huge doses with no effect and those who can get horrible withdrawal on 'sub-therapeutic' doses. They have blood tests now, based on genetics, that can predict some of this but they aren't widely used yet. In the next few yrs they are going to be prescribing meds based on genetic testing of metabolic pathways. (so fiiiiiinalllly we won't need to start something, tell people to wait 6-8 weeks and hope you hit the right one)
                            That'll be a good thing. I visit the sick in the hospital one day a month (yesterday was my day). I met up with a lady who came in to the ER Friday in blinding back pain (she slipped a disk). They fixed that but she reacted to something they gave her that the skin on the tops of both feet blistered and sloughed off in like 24 hours and had other large areas that look like 2nd degree burns. Her body is more "ink outline" of other discolored regions than not.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Why is she transitioning off? Most folks on them need the support.
                              A few different reasons. She was on them for trauma (long drawn out death of her best friend and her brother dying) and was on a pretty heavy dose. It has been almost 5 years and she is in a much better place now and the drugs are acting more as a hindrance than they are to helping her. Also, because they are pretty heavy duty they have some bad health related side effects that are causing way more issues than they are solving and she could deal with it before but now she just cant.

Her doctor wanted her to do this like a year ago but she put it off out of fear of the side effects of the withdrawal. (plus she quit smoking around then and didnt want double issues) To put it in perspective she takes 3 pills a day for her prescription...the recommended way to ween is to cut out 1 pill. She did that and no joke it took less than 24 hours for the withdrawal to kick in. And there is nothing they can do to take the edge off.

She is better today than she was yesterday and by the end of the week she should be back to normal. I am not going to be around much this week which is a blessing for her cause sometimes I can be a pain
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am not going to be around much this week which is a blessing for her cause sometimes I can be a pain
                                Then again, you could be a support through this also. Please look out for this person. I've witnessed a transition like this turn ugly (i.e. had to bring person into ER).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X