Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    You do know the Obama administration teamed with the NFL to be a propaganda arm of the government, yes? That's why they're interjecting political opinion into sports casts.
    Doesn't this go to the Conspiracy thread? Fits in right after we find out the secret message on the album by playing it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    "Stick to spr0ts!!!" people on social media when a sportswriter dares share their opinion on a political issue on their personal account.
    "Stick to music" - when it's a musician

"Stick to acting" - when it's an actor

"Stick to food" - when it's Bourdain or Zimmern

All variations on the same theme - "I disagree, so shut up!"

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Doesn't this go to the Conspiracy thread? Fits in right after we find out the secret message on the album by playing it backwards.
    It's not a conspiracy when the voices in your head tell you that it's true.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

Generic Catchy Message
    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    The best part is it's a total whiff, because what prompted me was Peter Gammons. I'm not sure if he's ever written an article about football, let alone the NFL.

The best part is it's a total whiff, because what prompted me was Peter Gammons. I'm not sure if he's ever written an article about football, let alone the NFL.
    What did Gammons say/write?
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Generic Catchy Message

In response to Trump's tweet of this:
    The Trump base is far bigger & stronger than ever before (despite some phony Fake News polling). Look at rallies in Penn, Iowa, Ohio.......

Gammons responded with:
    Rallies were biggest in history, like the crowd at the inauguration. For the base, of course, larger than for the "I have a dream" speech.

Cue a response wall of "stick to sports", "stick to baseball", "I don't follow you for your political take"

In response to Trump's tweet of this:
    The Trump base is far bigger & stronger than ever before (despite some phony Fake News polling). Look at rallies in Penn, Iowa, Ohio.......

Gammons responded with:
    Rallies were biggest in history, like the crowd at the inauguration. For the base, of course, larger than for the "I have a dream" speech.

Cue a response wall of "stick to sports", "stick to baseball", "I don't follow you for your political take"
    Ah, ok. Without a twitter account I am blissfully unaware of most of the catfights that occur in that medium.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Ah, ok. Without a twitter account I am blissfully unaware of most of the catfights that occur in that medium.
    Me too. THe only way I know what is going on there is posts on here and the stupidityof the great orange one covered on the BBC (they only cover the most bizarre ones)

My doctor put me on a laxative... when I never complained about that.

They ignore ridicule & fight; I win

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    Gotta love the pill pushers.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

lubba wubba dub dub

Maybe your doctor thought you needed to let loose a little?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Laxative or stool softener- people mix those up. the second one is not toxic, it is a surfactant

Lucia Apologist

It's starting to get real irritating this trip, the marginalization I'm feeling. I'm being completely ignored and assigned no work at all. It's hard to not take it personal after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'm being completely ignored and assigned no work at all. It's hard to not take it personal after a while.
    Hate it when that happens. Filling out a timecard with "Unassigned Time" is maddening, especially when you're a chargeable resource with percentage targets to hit.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

That's the thing. On this project I'm 100% chargeable since we're traveling for a project. So time and billing are completely irrelevant.

The boss just turns to the other person on the trip every time. She doesn't ask my opinion. She doesn't even address me. Zero tasks. Nothing. I've been nothing but positive, dutiful, and helped where I could this trip.

We're learning a new system and she'll ask, "Is there any way to do this?" The experts who have gone through this all say, "No, not that we know of." And five minutes later I have a solution in a system I've never used before this week. Nothing. No acknowledgement, no "Hey, can you help us figure xyz out", nothing.

I honestly don't know why I'm even on this trip if this is the kind of usage they're going to get out of me. Talk about a waste of $6,000+.

I'm really getting tired of this new role I'm in. It's supposed to be a leadership role yet I'm being given no opportunities and the tasks I have been given are menial at best. I've taken the initiative a number of times but it's quickly shut down only to have my work duplicated a few weeks later. It's really starting to **** me off. I take initiative, someone else gets credit.

I'm going to pull my boss aside at some point here and ask her why she hired me if I'm going to be asked to do nothing. She already knows I'm not happy. So she asks me why I'm being so quiet in the middle of dinner with everyone at the table. What the hell kind of leadership is that?

I'm loving my extra time on the trip, all of the interactions I've had with my German colleagues, and all of the learning I've done so far. But goddam, throw me a bone here.

That's the thing. On this project I'm 100% chargeable since we're traveling for a project. So time and billing are completely irrelevant.

The boss just turns to the other person on the trip every time. She doesn't ask my opinion. She doesn't even address me. Zero tasks. Nothing. I've been nothing but positive, dutiful, and helped where I could this trip.

We're learning a new system and she'll ask, "Is there any way to do this?" The experts who have gone through this all say, "No, not that we know of." And five minutes later I have a solution in a system I've never used before this week. Nothing. No acknowledgement, no "Hey, can you help us figure xyz out", nothing.

I honestly don't know why I'm even on this trip if this is the kind of usage they're going to get out of me. Talk about a waste of $6,000+.

I'm really getting tired of this new role I'm in. It's supposed to be a leadership role yet I'm being given no opportunities and the tasks I have been given are menial at best. I've taken the initiative a number of times but it's quickly shut down only to have my work duplicated a few weeks later. It's really starting to **** me off. I take initiative, someone else gets credit.

I'm going to pull my boss aside at some point here and ask her why she hired me if I'm going to be asked to do nothing. She already knows I'm not happy. So she asks me why I'm being so quiet in the middle of dinner with everyone at the table. What the hell kind of leadership is that?

I'm loving my extra time on the trip, all of the interactions I've had with my German colleagues, and all of the learning I've done so far. But goddam, throw me a bone here.
    Sounds like she is intimidated to me. Or that she has people she knows well and can predict response so goes to them? Asking at a table full of people? Correct response? "Why would you ask me that?"

Lucia Apologist

I almost got up at dinner and walked out tonight. For the last week the I've been politely *****ing about things like reduced domestic travel, possible rollback of some real outer fringe benefits like coffee in the meetings, and other **** like that. Things that actually aren't that expensive and go a long way for their cost.

Then she has the gall to say she hopes she finally gets her game room for engineering this year.
    I said, "excuse me? Game room? Why do we need a game room?"
    "Well, it's not really a game room but more of like that imagination room on the other floor. The room with the board games and stuff."

Are you kidding me? **** that. We don't get **** for raises, we are always missing our budget in my division for total spend, and you want to take away a conference room so you can put in a goddam play room for a bunch of useless millenials so they can slack off during the day moreso than usual? .

I almost got up at dinner and walked out tonight. For the last week the I've been politely *****ing about things like reduced domestic travel, possible rollback of some real outer fringe benefits like coffee in the meetings, and other **** like that. Things that actually aren't that expensive and go a long way for their cost.

Then she has the gall to say she hopes she finally gets her game room for engineering this year.
    I said, "excuse me? Game room? Why do we need a game room?"
    "Well, it's not really a game room but more of like that imagination room on the other floor. The room with the board games and stuff."

Are you kidding me? **** that. We don't get **** for raises, we are always missing our budget in my division for total spend, and you want to take away a conference room so you can put in a goddam play room for a bunch of useless millenials so they can slack off during the day moreso than usual? .
    We had one of those at my last job, and yes it was a gathering place for everyone whose job should've been eliminated.

The fact that I view cleaning my own place as a necessary evil, but I will help friends and charities clean up their homes, parks, etc without fail.

The fact that I view cleaning my own place as a necessary evil, but I will help friends and charities clean up their homes, parks, etc without fail.
    You don't have personal attachment to their stuff

Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom

Turn the **** speakerphone off when you walk into the building!!! The rest of us don't need to hear some booger-eater's rants from two offices away!

AND NOW WE WALK BACK IN THE BUILDING AGAIN!! W T F?!?!
    Last edited by Hammer; 08-15-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Thread Information