Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yup! Smoothest landing and take off I have ever experienced. (I get anxiety during those parts) The seats were so comfy I forgot I was on a plane

I need to make more money
    Channeling George Carlin - you were in the plane, not on.

I have decided that "God Bless America" is another thing that can disappear from baseball games.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Which one of you arseholes forgot to pay the bills?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Which one of you arseholes forgot to pay the bills?
        It's a repeat of the Russian hack from a few years ago.

(seriously, that really happened)
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• I'm the Safety Team rep for my area at my job
          In my room alone (tank washing), I've seen:

People pointing high pressure and chemical hoses at each other as a joke.

People with their safety glasses below their nose.

People with the arm of their glasses in their teeth.

People with no face shields. On purpose.

People who lose their ****. I saw one guy shove a pair of scissors in someone's face.

And I or another person says something, they'll correct themselves for a bit, then revert back to incorrect action. Our bonus depends on less than X recordable injuries, yet people still don't stop and think.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

People who do not turn on their lights when driving in the rain grind my gears. And not just the automatic headlights - tail lights need to be on, too.

Comment

BMW drivers who mock-run you when you're crossing the street to find your Uber ride, just to express their annoyance that you're not crossing fast enough for them. Then have the nerve to roll down the window and yell, "Get your head out of the screen!" Yeah? Well get yours out of your arse and I'll think about it.

Comment

Rewards credit card "gamers" who recommend stupid sh*t like gift card churning, hugely overpaying your taxes (then collecting your refund later), and giving out thousands of dollars in Kiva loans, all to "manufacture" more CC spend/get more points.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Rewards credit card "gamers" who recommend stupid sh*t like gift card churning, hugely overpaying your taxes (then collecting your refund later), and giving out thousands of dollars in Kiva loans, all to "manufacture" more CC spend/get more points.
                  I don't understand half of what you just said. The logic, I mean, not the words.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    BMW drivers who mock-run you when you're crossing the street to find your Uber ride, just to express their annoyance that you're not crossing fast enough for them. Then have the nerve to roll down the window and yell, "Get your head out of the screen!" Yeah? Well get yours out of your arse and I'll think about it.
                    A couple weeks back I was crossing, a couple other people were also crossing in front of me. There was a car waiting to turn right and the truck behind him was angrily waving for people to walk faster so the guy in front could turn. We weren't walking lackadaisical or anything, just a regular walk. So I waved back like I was saying hi and watched him say something to his wife before he drove off at a normal speed from the light. Didn't seem like he was really in a hurry or anything.

Some people are just impatient.
                    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I don't understand half of what you just said. The logic, I mean, not the words.
                      Basically get a bunch of store credit cards/airline credit cards that offer rewards or cash back, use them enough to get a bunch of rewards, then cancel them before fees kick in. Use your ill-gotten gains to rinse and repeat ad infinitum.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                        Basically get a bunch of store credit cards/airline credit cards that offer rewards or cash back, use them enough to get a bunch of rewards, then cancel them before fees kick in. Use your ill-gotten gains to rinse and repeat ad infinitum.
                        Oh no, that's not even the half of it. At least CC churning is not fraud. Dumb when overdone, but not fraud.

I'm talking about the guys and gals who go out and buy 10 grand worth of vanilla gift cards (preferably using a credit card that gets 2x or 3x points), then take them to Walmart and social engineer the cashiers at the service desk to let them buy a bunch of money orders using the gift cards like debit cards, then deposit the money orders into a checking account that they use to pay off the card. Thereby being out only the cost of the gift card and money order fees.

There are people doing $50,000+ a month of this, using spreadsheets to track it all. Such a ridiculous waste of time, not to mention the risk of shutdowns and the impact to your credit score.

Comment

Even at 2%, that’s only $1,000/month. Not worth it.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Even at 2%, that’s only $1,000/month. Not worth it.
                            Less money order fees. They're probably making a couple hundred bucks at most.

Comment

• Candy corn. Never had a decent piece.

https://youtu.be/jklghkb8XNA
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The drive thru has a Braille menu. Should I be concerned?
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X