Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Office coffee maker is one of those single serve brews, except it's not Keurig, it's something called RealCup. Apparently to get around a patent, their puncture point at the top isn't directly at the center, but rather slightly bottom center.

As you all probably know, K cups are becoming a huge issue for the waste their create, so I've been trying to find a reusable one. Unfortunately, they all appear to be made for Keurig only, with a hole right in the center, and RealCup's "sustainable" option that they brag about is a pod that you still end up throwing 1/3 away.

Guess I'll be sticking to bringing the thermos in for now.
    Just get the K-Cups that are compostable they should work in the single serve and they dont cause the trash issue. San Francisco Bay is a great brand for that.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Walked into a bathroom at Meijer today, and promptly walked out. To say it needed attention is a gross understatement.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Restaurants in the US trying to turn poutine into a trendy, upscale dish.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Restaurants in the US trying to turn poutine into a trendy, upscale dish.
          I know a dive bar that added it to its menu last year. Really good. They're in no way trying to be upscale. If someone is trying to turn potatoes, cheese curds, and gravy into an upscale dish, Millennials are dumber than anybody has ever envisioned.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            I know a dive bar that added it to its menu last year. Really good. They're in no way trying to be upscale. If someone is trying to turn potatoes, cheese curds, and gravy into an upscale dish, Millennials are dumber than anybody has ever envisioned.
            I don't care what they do with poutine, as long as it tastes good and isn't outrageously priced. I don't know what makes a poutine "upscale", but I have had some very tasty variations of poutine that I wouldn't want to see removed from menus.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I don't care what they do with poutine, as long as it tastes good and isn't outrageously priced. I don't know what makes a poutine "upscale", but I have had some very tasty variations of poutine that I wouldn't want to see removed from menus.
              Poutine is great, it's just not upscale. The dish was created by the poor in Quebec as a way to eat on the cheap. Making a good gravy isn't expensive at all - it's drippings and flour with a little pepper and salt. Making good mashed potatoes just requires someone who is willing to actually mash and/or whip the potatoes into something that's not lumpy. Cheese curds are cheese curds. Even Wisconsin gets them right.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Poutine is great, it's just not upscale. The dish was created by the poor in Quebec as a way to eat on the cheap. Making a good gravy isn't expensive at all - it's drippings and flour with a little pepper and salt. Making good mashed potatoes just requires someone who is willing to actually mash and/or whip the potatoes into something that's not lumpy. Cheese curds are cheese curds. Even Wisconsin gets them right.
                There are also what I'd call non-traditional poutines that aren't the standard fries, curds, gravy that are very good. Some that I've had include pulled pork, which is very good, and other ingredients. I still don't think that makes it upscale, it is just taking an original dish, and giving it a twist. Like taking a good cheeseburger, and adding bacon, sauteed onions, etc. You can have 1000 different kinds of burgers, and all are burgers, and many are very tasty combinations of flavors.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

There are also what I'd call non-traditional poutines that aren't the standard fries, curds, gravy that are very good. Some that I've had include pulled pork, which is very good, and other ingredients. I still don't think that makes it upscale, it is just taking an original dish, and giving it a twist. Like taking a good cheeseburger, and adding bacon, sauteed onions, etc. You can have 1000 different kinds of burgers, and all are burgers, and many are very tasty combinations of flavors.
                  True.

Comment

Yeah but if you charge $20 for it you are trying to upscale it...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Agreed.
                      Also agreed.

The taproom where we do Trivia on Mondays has a great poutine with pulled pork that is made with homemade tater tots instead of fries. It's delightful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Yeah but if you charge $20 for it you are trying to upscale it...
                        $20 for French fries better feed mookie's family for 4 days minimum
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                        X