Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Some of the newer mustangs had that same problem. Horrible sight lines. My MDX has fewer and smaller blind spots.
    Blame the new regulations requiring higher doorlines and gigantic A-pillars. Even the new Ford GT has a bit of Steve Urkel syndrome and that's otherwise one of the sleekest cars on the road.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Is that one of the engines where to change oil, you actually need to remove the engine mounts and hoist the engine up to get to everything?

I had a 1990 Ford Thunderbird that required double jointed-ness to get to the oil filter, because they thought it needed to be wedged behind the motor against the firewall.
      No, it isn't that bad, it still is a truck, afterall, so much more room than most cars.

They just put the filter on the side of the engine, behind the exhaust piping, so you have to reach up between about 5 different exhaust and front-end components to even touch the filter, much less get a filter wrench on it. It was such a pain on my truck, that I started going in through the front wheel well, reaching behind the wheel, then up and under the inner plastic wheel well to get to it. It was easier, but still a massive pain in the ***.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I access the oil filter on my car by popping open the hood. Then I screw it off because it's right there in plain sight. Boxer engines FTW!
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Is that one of the engines where to change oil, you actually need to remove the engine mounts and hoist the engine up to get to everything?
          It helps. If you have a really strong person with long arms you can hoist the vehicle, crank the front tires way left (?), and wedge between the tire and fender and reach through the fender into the engine space.

Want an easy filter to change? Buy a Subaru. (It's the blue thing in the photo.)
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

1. The serpentine belt on the old Corsicas were beyond horrendous in placement. My brother PRAYED to never have that be a problem in any Corsica he worked on.
            2. The sightlines in a Camaro are very limited. I was NOT prepared for that compared to my Wrangler. Took quite a while to get used to.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just put a lift in your garage and oil changes are easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Just put a lift in your garage and oil changes are easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                It doesn't help when the location of the filter is where it is on my truck. Whether I'm laying on my back under it, or standing under it, I still can't fit my hand and a wrench up where the filter is located.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So. The Tide laundry pod thing.

By the time I was about 4-5 years old, I had it pretty down pat that laundry soap did not taste good, and that I shouldn’t eat it. Not a good source of taste or nutrition.

I do not blame the kids for doing this. The parents, on the other hand, need their asses kicked clear up to their shoulder blades for not teaching kids that YOU DO NOT EAT LAUNDRY SOAP, PODS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT NORMALLY ENDS UP IN THE WASHING MACHINE! If you cannot convey that message properly by the age of about 6-7, then you have seriously ****ed up as a parent.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

By the time I was about 4-5 years old, I had it pretty down pat that laundry soap did not taste good, and that I shouldn’t eat it. Not a good source of taste or nutrition.

I do not blame the kids for doing this. The parents, on the other hand, need their asses kicked clear up to their shoulder blades for not teaching kids that YOU DO NOT EAT LAUNDRY SOAP, PODS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT NORMALLY ENDS UP IN THE WASHING MACHINE! If you cannot convey that message properly by the age of about 6-7, then you have seriously ****ed up as a parent.
                    The little kids are one thing. The pods do kinda look like candy, and that's problematic.

It's the 13-year-old edgelords who have made it a joke and want those sweet sweet YouTube views that are the problem.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      The little kids are one thing. The pods do kinda look like candy, and that's problematic.

It's the 13-year-old edgelords who have made it a joke and want those sweet sweet YouTube views that are the problem.
                      Keep it out of reach for the little ones who haven’t learned any better yet. No problem. But at 13, you’re old enough to know better.

God, that was fun...

Comment

If the kid is 4-5 I think they do deserve a certain amount of blame. Parents can share the blame but kids don't get off scott free. You need to teach kids how to make their own decisions about what is smart and not. if you can do that, then they should be able to realize on their own that eating Tide is not a good idea. You can't teach them not to do ever single stupid or dangerous thing out there, otherwise it would never end.

Comment

Keep it out of reach for the little ones who haven’t learned any better yet. No problem. But at 13, you’re old enough to know better.
                          Exactly ^^^^

Comment

Its funny to me people are jumping to ban detergent pods to save stupid people from themselves.

Yet, if it was a russian roulette challenge, none of them would be demanding to ban guns.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

My point is, if you can’t teach a kid not to eat things that go in the washer, then you’ve probably failed miserably as a parent. Laundry soap, pods, bleach, Downey, those go in the washer, not your mouth. Pot roast, vegetables, various snacks, those go in your mouth, not the washer. I would hope a halfway decent parent can teach that lesson by about 1st grade, give or take.

Look. When I was 13, I was a knucklehead. So were you. So was every other boy who was 13 at one point in time. I did a mini-****ton of stupid stuff. But I had enough sense to not eat something that wasn’t what could reasonably be considered “food”.
                              Last edited by Hammer; 01-18-2018, 12:32 PM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Its funny to me people are jumping to ban detergent pods to save stupid people from themselves.

Yet, if it was a russian roulette challenge, none of them would be demanding to ban guns.
                                Umm, yeah they would. And no, I do not wish to carry that part of the conversation any further here.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X