Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

I love the premise of GoT. I've never seen one episode.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    First of all it is more than 1%. Second of all why do GoT fans (or fans of any show) get so uppity just because someone hasnt watched their show? Me saying I dont watch it is no different than you (not you specifically) talking about it incessantly and telling me I have to watch it.

Now personally I have never felt the need to watch the show but I also dont brag about it. I dont refuse to watch it cause it is cool to be different, the show doesnt interest me.

(Breaking Bad and The Wire fans are the worst about harassing people who didnt watch their show...the Family Guy bit about it was awesome )
    I've been watching GoT since shortly after it began. I love discussing it with people who've also seen it, but other than telling people who've not watched it "you don't know what you're missing," I don't get uppity about it.

Also, I've never seen Breaking Bad or The Wire.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

GoT interests me not, but I don't begrudge those that watch. How's that Shirtless?

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I've been watching GoT since shortly after it began. I love discussing it with people who've also seen it, but other than telling people who've not watched it "you don't know what you're missing," I don't get uppity about it.

Also, I've never seen Breaking Bad or The Wire.
    Same here, 3 x 3 .
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    GoT interests me not, but I don't begrudge those that watch. How's that Shirtless?
    I don't watch it either. But all I want to say is that not watching a TV show doesn't make you special m

I like when people tell me the shows they have really enjoyed. That's how I got into GoT in the first place, as well as American Gods, American Horror Story, Black Mirror, and many other shows. Previews are almost always marketed to make shows look stupider than they are, so word of mouth is really the only way I ever find out about shows being worth watching.

"The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

It is one thing to say "hey this show is awesome and here is why". Fans of shows like GoT and Breaking Bad and ESPECIALLY the Wire will **** near set you on fire if you dare say you dont care for the show. 24 fans were like that also up until I guess the show jumped the shark. (I never got into it)

It is like music and movies...some people get their entire self worth by other people liking what they like. Then they accuse you of "not getting it" or pretend you arent smart just cause you have an opinion contrary to theirs. If you have no idea what I am talking about find a Rush fan, say you dont like their music and prepare to be amazed
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

It is like music and movies...some people get their entire self worth by other people liking what they like. Then they accuse you of "not getting it" or pretend you arent smart just cause you have an opinion contrary to theirs. If you have no idea what I am talking about find a Rush fan, say you dont like their music and prepare to be amazed
    Pink Floyd fans are also terrible at this.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

That's certainly true, though there's a difference between somebody saying "I just don't enjoy opera" and "Hurr, opera is dumb." The former person has their opinion and god bless them. The latter person... welp, something's dumb, anyway...

I can't stand ballet. I find it boring. But I'm not going to tell somebody who loves ballet "ballet is boring" because I know that's not objectively true, it's just that for whatever reason I can't get into it. If I say "I haven't enjoyed the ballets I have seen" there's not much arguing, except the person might say "well, have you tried x?" If somebody tells me they haven't enjoyed opera I would suggest they try the English version of Die Fledermaus, which is hysterically funny and very accessible, or Carmen, which is sex, violence, and an over-the-top pot boiler.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-08-2017 at 03:47 PM.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Never saw any of the 3 or had anyone harass me that I haven't. lil les is reading the Gof T books. Says they are really good.

People who get their grill up the back end of your car when you are navigating thru narrow streets with people parked on either side (not well) and folks coming in the other direction. Dude, you are not going any faster than me because you have a shiny Ford 150. ==wasn't even like I was going very slow. You can't drive through a space another car is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    That's certainly true, though there's a difference between somebody saying "I just don't enjoy opera" and "Hurr, opera is dumb." The former person has their opinion and god bless them. The latter person... welp, something's dumb, anyway...

I can't stand ballet. I find it boring. But I'm not going to tell somebody who loves ballet "ballet is boring" because I know that's not objectively true, it's just that for whatever reason I can't get into it. If I say "I haven't enjoyed the ballets I have seen" there's not much arguing, except the person might say "well, have you tried x?" If somebody tells me they haven't enjoyed opera I would suggest they try the English version of Die Fledermaus, which is hysterically funny and very accessible, or Carmen, which is sex, violence, and an over-the-top pot boiler.
    This is how the conversation usually goes...

Me: I know everyone likes The Wire but I honestly tried watching it and I never got into it...I can see why people like it but it just isnt my thing.
    Wire Fan: You obviously have zero taste! You dont get why [insert name here] is the greatest character in modern tv history?!?!? The writers are so far above you that you just dont get it!
    Me: No...I get it and like I said I understand why people love it, I just dont.
    Wire: Who do you think you are?!?! Critics agree it is the best show of all time? But not you, cause you are like so much better?
    Me: Nope.
    Wire: What do you watch...I bet it sucks!!!
    Me: And we are done...

There is lots of things I dont like but I respect. That isnt good enough for fans of certain things though. For years I couldnt stand Led Zepplin...the amount of crap I took for that from everyone and their mother was insane. I still do because I cant stand The Doors. Hell...I get crap because I dont play Fantasy Football and find NFL football boring nowadays. (and if I dare mention liking basketball every hockey snob goes bleeping nuts!!!) Fans of certain groups, movies, sports and TV shows just are too deep into it. Me, if I am entertained great if not oh well I hope you were!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Pink Floyd fans are also terrible at this.
    F##k you!!!

If you have no idea what I am talking about find a Rush fan, say you dont like their music and prepare to be amazed
    Not if you a) don't like hour-long lectures on why Rush is so great and b) want to get killed after said lecture.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

I like Rush, in moderation. I have no problem acknowledging they are a music nerd's band, though. That's why their concert audiences look like a Michigan Tech house party.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

Rush sucks

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Rush sucks
    Minus 2 or 3 songs, I agree.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

This #$#!$ing jackoff, and his ****ty "music", and everyone that listens to that noise and enjoys it.

Fck you with Foxton's used anal dildo.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    This #$#!$ing jackoff, and his ****ty "music", and everyone that listens to that noise and enjoys it.

Fck you with Foxton's used anal dildo.
    He's getting a themed restaurant in the new arena? Lolololol. Suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Sad!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Even funnier is unless they find a spot to wedge him in, Chili's Chili isn't in the new building.

Thread Information