Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 131

Thread: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

  1. #1
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,462

    Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    No, you're not late because of people driving 60 in the left lane. You got here two minutes after me, we take the same highway, and I was able to go 70+ the whole way. Try leaving two minutes earlier instead of complaining about the non-existent slow traffic everyday.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

    2016-17 Spartan Hockey
    Jerseys: 7 Wins: 7


    1966, 1986, 2007

    Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,448

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Update from last thread...Delta Customer Service lied and they could have fixed the problem in two seconds if their customer service wasn't worthless!

    I got over it though be cause it was free Woodford Reserve all flight. Ah Comfort Plus Class

  3. #3
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21,322

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    The second they get WRDO is the second I never fly main cabin again.

  4. #4
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,455

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    I don't drink, so for me exit row is better than C+ most of the time - usually has another 1-2" of legroom over C+. Then occasionally you get lucky and there is no one in the middle, which has happened to me twice now on DTW-LAX .

    Unless you're stuck in a CRJ, then it sucks no matter where you're sitting, but we all know that.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,448

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I don't drink, so for me exit row is better than C+ most of the time - usually has another 1-2" of legroom over C+. Then occasionally you get lucky and there is no one in the middle, which has happened to me twice now on DTW-LAX .

    Unless you're stuck in a CRJ, then it sucks no matter where you're sitting, but we all know that.
    I was in the exit row but it was called C+ (2 person row)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  6. #6
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,455

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    I was in the exit row but it was called C+ (2 person row)
    Ah yes. DL is rolling out A321s with that config - IIRC, an FA jumpseat/call station is where the aisle seat would be.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    33,448

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Ah yes. DL is rolling out A321s with that config - IIRC, an FA jumpseat/call station is where the aisle seat would be.
    Yup! Smoothest landing and take off I have ever experienced. (I get anxiety during those parts) The seats were so comfy I forgot I was on a plane

    I need to make more money
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  8. #8
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,455

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yup! Smoothest landing and take off I have ever experienced. (I get anxiety during those parts) The seats were so comfy I forgot I was on a plane

    I need to make more money
    The more Scarebuses I fly, the more I've started to gravitate towards them; better cabin experience, IMO. That said, I have not yet flown on a 787 or a 737 MAX, but Delta seems to have clearly made the decision to move away from Boeing for the foreseeable future. The A350s are coming in this fall (farewell Northwest 747s), then the Bombardier CS100/300s starting next year (finally phasing out those ancient MD-88s), and the A330neo starting in 2019 (phasing out older 767s).

    I'm sure Boeing will cry about undercutting and unfair trade (they already filed a complaint over Bombardier's pricing earlier this year), but they've done that so often in the past 20-25 years, that eventually it gets to be like the boy who cried wolf. American and United seem to have no problem continuing to order planes from them, and we all know Southwest is a "Forever 737" airline, so...
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  9. #9
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    21,322

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The more Scarebuses I fly, the more I've started to gravitate towards them; better cabin experience, IMO. That said, I have not yet flown on a 787 or a 737 MAX, but Delta seems to have clearly made the decision to move away from Boeing for the foreseeable future. The A350s are coming in this fall (farewell Northwest 747s), then the Bombardier CS100/300s starting next year (finally phasing out those ancient MD-88s), and the A330neo starting in 2019 (phasing out older 767s).

    I'm sure Boeing will cry about undercutting and unfair trade (they already filed a complaint over Bombardier's pricing earlier this year), but they've done that so often in the past 20-25 years, that eventually it gets to be like the boy who cried wolf. American and United seem to have no problem continuing to order planes from them, and we all know Southwest is a "Forever 737" airline, so...
    You should have just left it as a Forever 37.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Secret Lair
    Posts
    52,584

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    It is currently raining so hard I can't get to my car in the parking lot. And I lived in Oregon.

    Godd-mn, DC. Your weather is most unpleasant.

    The worst part is 20 minutes after it stops it will be 97% humidity again.
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

    "The strength and power of despotism consists wholly in the fear of resistance." -- Thomas Paine

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014

  11. #11
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    11,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    It is currently raining so hard I can't get to my car in the parking lot. And I lived in Oregon.

    Godd-mn, DC. Your weather is most unpleasant.

    The worst part is 20 minutes after it stops it will be 97% humidity again.
    Kepler is a witch and will melt, confirmed.

    He clearly isn't Moses, because he can't part the red sea between he and his car.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    30,469

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    The o on the keyboard should be moved to get it away from the 0.

  13. #13
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    27,926

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Grrr. Brought my Surface in for a tune up and they foiund that the hard drive is messed up. They are replacing it. Usually BB i awesome. This time it has been a fiasco. WOrk that could have been done but they waited. they tell me that and say they will do it. They never call me back and when I called them it took 3 days to get anything out of them. Specifically asked if I needed to bring anything- and gave a list of what I thought they might want. No they need nothing. Show up for my appt today- they need power cord. They do not have one, the store doesn't even have one I can buy for them to use. I ended up wasting an hour of my time so I could go back later today with the cord because that is when the next appt was. Get there, they plug in and start uploading things. After close to an hour the guy says to me something to the effect that it is going to take hours more to update, I might as well go home. They will call me when it is done. Packs everything in the box. I manage to snatch my keyboard back. He gets up and walks away. What t f??
    Never had a problem in the 20+ yrs I have been using their Geek Squad. Not a happy camper.

    Oh and never rent from Thrifty!!

  14. #14
    NEVER DIE! ShirtlessBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop
    Posts
    37,981
    We have a poster in the NMU thread that loves to copy and paste articles without citing the source. We've asked him to stop multiple times.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    30,469

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    @Sportsnet: Sidney Crosby charms three-year-old with cancer during Halifax hospital visit.

    The good School Sisters of Notre Dame and the Xaverian Brothers would have a field day with the above.

    IIRC, diagramming the above sentence would yield that Sid used cancer to charm a 3 yr old. Yes, I know that diagramming sentences is a long lost art, but yikes! folks, read what you write.

  16. #16
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,728

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    We have a poster in the NMU thread that loves to copy and paste articles without citing the source. We've asked him to stop multiple times.
    Did B.W.K. get another screen name?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  17. #17
    DYKWIA? FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    America's Great Comeback City™, LOL
    Posts
    25,455

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Did B.W.K. get another screen name?
    BWK was an account run "for the lulz" by a Tech fan and two NMU fans, IIRC. I doubt it's a planned retread - this guy just seems to be a standard Marquette ignoramus.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

    Boosh Factor (4/04/17): 5.242424

  18. #18
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    6,462

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    "Stick to spr0ts!!!" people on social media when a sportswriter dares share their opinion on a political issue on their personal account.

  19. #19
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    29,536

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    "Stick to spr0ts!!!" people on social media when a sportswriter dares share their opinion on a political issue on their personal account.
    "What a MORON!!".....when that same sportswriter dares shares their opinion on sports.

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  20. #20
    They ignore ridicule & fight; I win
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    40,728

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    "Stick to spr0ts!!!" people on social media when a sportswriter dares share their opinion on a political issue on their personal account.
    You do know the Obama administration teamed with the NFL to be a propaganda arm of the government, yes? That's why they're interjecting political opinion into sports casts.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •