Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Just put a lift in your garage and oil changes are easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Just put a lift in your garage and oil changes are easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It doesn't help when the location of the filter is where it is on my truck. Whether I'm laying on my back under it, or standing under it, I still can't fit my hand and a wrench up where the filter is located.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom

So. The Tide laundry pod thing.

By the time I was about 4-5 years old, I had it pretty down pat that laundry soap did not taste good, and that I shouldn’t eat it. Not a good source of taste or nutrition.

I do not blame the kids for doing this. The parents, on the other hand, need their asses kicked clear up to their shoulder blades for not teaching kids that YOU DO NOT EAT LAUNDRY SOAP, PODS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT NORMALLY ENDS UP IN THE WASHING MACHINE! If you cannot convey that message properly by the age of about 6-7, then you have seriously ****ed up as a parent.

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post

By the time I was about 4-5 years old, I had it pretty down pat that laundry soap did not taste good, and that I shouldn’t eat it. Not a good source of taste or nutrition.

I do not blame the kids for doing this. The parents, on the other hand, need their asses kicked clear up to their shoulder blades for not teaching kids that YOU DO NOT EAT LAUNDRY SOAP, PODS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT NORMALLY ENDS UP IN THE WASHING MACHINE! If you cannot convey that message properly by the age of about 6-7, then you have seriously ****ed up as a parent.
    The little kids are one thing. The pods do kinda look like candy, and that's problematic.

It's the 13-year-old edgelords who have made it a joke and want those sweet sweet YouTube views that are the problem.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    The little kids are one thing. The pods do kinda look like candy, and that's problematic.

It's the 13-year-old edgelords who have made it a joke and want those sweet sweet YouTube views that are the problem.
    Keep it out of reach for the little ones who haven’t learned any better yet. No problem. But at 13, you’re old enough to know better.

International Spy

If the kid is 4-5 I think they do deserve a certain amount of blame. Parents can share the blame but kids don't get off scott free. You need to teach kids how to make their own decisions about what is smart and not. if you can do that, then they should be able to realize on their own that eating Tide is not a good idea. You can't teach them not to do ever single stupid or dangerous thing out there, otherwise it would never end.

International Spy

Keep it out of reach for the little ones who haven’t learned any better yet. No problem. But at 13, you’re old enough to know better.
    Exactly ^^^^

Its funny to me people are jumping to ban detergent pods to save stupid people from themselves.

Yet, if it was a russian roulette challenge, none of them would be demanding to ban guns.

My point is, if you can’t teach a kid not to eat things that go in the washer, then you’ve probably failed miserably as a parent. Laundry soap, pods, bleach, Downey, those go in the washer, not your mouth. Pot roast, vegetables, various snacks, those go in your mouth, not the washer. I would hope a halfway decent parent can teach that lesson by about 1st grade, give or take.

Look. When I was 13, I was a knucklehead. So were you. So was every other boy who was 13 at one point in time. I did a mini-****ton of stupid stuff. But I had enough sense to not eat something that wasn’t what could reasonably be considered “food”.
    Last edited by Hammer; 01-18-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Its funny to me people are jumping to ban detergent pods to save stupid people from themselves.

Yet, if it was a russian roulette challenge, none of them would be demanding to ban guns.
    Umm, yeah they would. And no, I do not wish to carry that part of the conversation any further here.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Dash. Underscore. Dash. What moron thinks that's going to help?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

This.

For a 4-5 year old, without any context of where the item came from, they might think it's some sort of candy. It's bright blue/orange, heck, it could be a Gusher (assuming those still exist). Yes it would be best if they checked with a parent what it is, but for a 4-5 year old they can still make impulsive decisions.

For a teenager, banning it isn't going to do any good. They know at that point what it is. That's the whole point to them, that they're biting into something they shouldn't. If you get rid of the pods, for all we know next month there's a Tide Powder challenge or a Tide Liquid challenge. The point to them isn't that it looks like candy and they're confused, the point is they're teenagers and purposely trying to be idiots.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

If you're 13 years old, and you're stupid enough to eat laundry detergent*....well, you probably deserve what you get.

*With the exception of actual handicapped people, that really don't know better
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    If you're 13 years old, and you're stupid enough to eat laundry detergent*....well, you probably deserve what you get.
    yeah, I don't see the problem here. Natural selection has pretty much been eliminated for humans, so this might help us as a species.

My point is, if you can’t teach a kid not to eat things that go in the washer, then you’ve probably failed miserably as a parent. Laundry soap, pods, bleach, Downey, those go in the washer, not your mouth. Pot roast, vegetables, various snacks, those go in your mouth, not the washer. I would hope a halfway decent parent can teach that lesson by about 1st grade, give or take.

Look. When I was 13, I was a knucklehead. So were you. So was every other boy who was 13 at one point in time. I did a mini-****ton of stupid stuff. But I had enough sense to not eat something that wasn’t what could reasonably be considered “food”.
    Um no. THe parents teach all sorts of things- don't use drugs, drink to excess, have sex without a condom. Kids do that all stuff all the time no matter how much the parent beats them over the head. This is no different.

ANd they have been trying to ban those pod things since they came out because of the little kids. The companies responded by changing packaging

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

The local Walgreen's here has now allegedly put the pods behind glass.

I can't wait to get carded for laundry detergent.

Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

Made in the USA

They're not the only ones. http://www.syracuse.com/state/index....ods_pizza.html

I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.

Veteran

people who, when they don't understand an answer, just ask the same question again.

if you are going to ask me the exact same question - you are getting the exact same answer.

if you don't understand the answer, then you need to ask a DIFFERENT QUESTION - not just repeat the same thing. obviously you didn't get it, but if you just repeat yourself, I don't know WHAT you didn't get. ask me a question about what I said or the piece you didn't understand. do not just repeat the same effing thing.

Made in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    people who, when they don't understand an answer, just ask the same question again.

if you are going to ask me the exact same question - you are getting the exact same answer.

if you don't understand the answer, then you need to ask a DIFFERENT QUESTION - not just repeat the same thing. obviously you didn't get it, but if you just repeat yourself, I don't know WHAT you didn't get. ask me a question about what I said or the piece you didn't understand. do not just repeat the same effing thing.
    Only reason I ever ask the same question is because the person didn't answer the specific question I asked, but rather a tangent.

Thread Information