Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1001

Thread: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

  1. #681
    Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    St Alphonzos pancake breakfast
    Posts
    34,736

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Just put a lift in your garage and oil changes are easy

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

    Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

  2. #682
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,522

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Just put a lift in your garage and oil changes are easy

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    It doesn't help when the location of the filter is where it is on my truck. Whether I'm laying on my back under it, or standing under it, I still can't fit my hand and a wrench up where the filter is located.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  3. #683
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,691

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    So. The Tide laundry pod thing.

    By the time I was about 4-5 years old, I had it pretty down pat that laundry soap did not taste good, and that I shouldn’t eat it. Not a good source of taste or nutrition.

    I do not blame the kids for doing this. The parents, on the other hand, need their asses kicked clear up to their shoulder blades for not teaching kids that YOU DO NOT EAT LAUNDRY SOAP, PODS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT NORMALLY ENDS UP IN THE WASHING MACHINE! If you cannot convey that message properly by the age of about 6-7, then you have seriously ****ed up as a parent.

  4. #684
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    17,790

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    So. The Tide laundry pod thing.

    By the time I was about 4-5 years old, I had it pretty down pat that laundry soap did not taste good, and that I shouldn’t eat it. Not a good source of taste or nutrition.

    I do not blame the kids for doing this. The parents, on the other hand, need their asses kicked clear up to their shoulder blades for not teaching kids that YOU DO NOT EAT LAUNDRY SOAP, PODS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT NORMALLY ENDS UP IN THE WASHING MACHINE! If you cannot convey that message properly by the age of about 6-7, then you have seriously ****ed up as a parent.
    The little kids are one thing. The pods do kinda look like candy, and that's problematic.

    It's the 13-year-old edgelords who have made it a joke and want those sweet sweet YouTube views that are the problem.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

  5. #685
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    The little kids are one thing. The pods do kinda look like candy, and that's problematic.

    It's the 13-year-old edgelords who have made it a joke and want those sweet sweet YouTube views that are the problem.
    Keep it out of reach for the little ones who haven’t learned any better yet. No problem. But at 13, you’re old enough to know better.

  6. #686
    International Spy
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    So. The Tide laundry pod thing.

    By the time I was about 4-5 years old, I had it pretty down pat that laundry soap did not taste good, and that I shouldn’t eat it. Not a good source of taste or nutrition.

    I do not blame the kids for doing this. The parents, on the other hand, need their asses kicked clear up to their shoulder blades for not teaching kids that YOU DO NOT EAT LAUNDRY SOAP, PODS, OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT NORMALLY ENDS UP IN THE WASHING MACHINE! If you cannot convey that message properly by the age of about 6-7, then you have seriously ****ed up as a parent.
    If the kid is 4-5 I think they do deserve a certain amount of blame. Parents can share the blame but kids don't get off scott free. You need to teach kids how to make their own decisions about what is smart and not. if you can do that, then they should be able to realize on their own that eating Tide is not a good idea. You can't teach them not to do ever single stupid or dangerous thing out there, otherwise it would never end.

  7. #687
    International Spy
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Keep it out of reach for the little ones who haven’t learned any better yet. No problem. But at 13, you’re old enough to know better.
    Exactly ^^^^

  8. #688
    2147483647
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    23,195

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Its funny to me people are jumping to ban detergent pods to save stupid people from themselves.

    Yet, if it was a russian roulette challenge, none of them would be demanding to ban guns.

  9. #689
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,691

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    My point is, if you can’t teach a kid not to eat things that go in the washer, then you’ve probably failed miserably as a parent. Laundry soap, pods, bleach, Downey, those go in the washer, not your mouth. Pot roast, vegetables, various snacks, those go in your mouth, not the washer. I would hope a halfway decent parent can teach that lesson by about 1st grade, give or take.

    Look. When I was 13, I was a knucklehead. So were you. So was every other boy who was 13 at one point in time. I did a mini-****ton of stupid stuff. But I had enough sense to not eat something that wasn’t what could reasonably be considered “food”.
    Last edited by Hammer; 01-18-2018 at 12:32 PM.

  10. #690
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    36,691
    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Its funny to me people are jumping to ban detergent pods to save stupid people from themselves.

    Yet, if it was a russian roulette challenge, none of them would be demanding to ban guns.
    Umm, yeah they would. And no, I do not wish to carry that part of the conversation any further here.

  11. #691
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,929

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Its funny to me people are jumping to ban detergent pods to save stupid people from themselves.
    Dash. Underscore. Dash. What moron thinks that's going to help?
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  12. #692
    NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Mountain View, CA
    Posts
    18,441

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    The little kids are one thing. The pods do kinda look like candy, and that's problematic.

    It's the 13-year-old edgelords who have made it a joke and want those sweet sweet YouTube views that are the problem.
    This.

    For a 4-5 year old, without any context of where the item came from, they might think it's some sort of candy. It's bright blue/orange, heck, it could be a Gusher (assuming those still exist). Yes it would be best if they checked with a parent what it is, but for a 4-5 year old they can still make impulsive decisions.

    For a teenager, banning it isn't going to do any good. They know at that point what it is. That's the whole point to them, that they're biting into something they shouldn't. If you get rid of the pods, for all we know next month there's a Tide Powder challenge or a Tide Liquid challenge. The point to them isn't that it looks like candy and they're confused, the point is they're teenagers and purposely trying to be idiots.

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

  13. #693
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    32,522

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    If you're 13 years old, and you're stupid enough to eat laundry detergent*....well, you probably deserve what you get.

    *With the exception of actual handicapped people, that really don't know better
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  14. #694
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,564

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    If you're 13 years old, and you're stupid enough to eat laundry detergent*....well, you probably deserve what you get.
    yeah, I don't see the problem here. Natural selection has pretty much been eliminated for humans, so this might help us as a species.

  15. #695
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    29,718

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    My point is, if you can’t teach a kid not to eat things that go in the washer, then you’ve probably failed miserably as a parent. Laundry soap, pods, bleach, Downey, those go in the washer, not your mouth. Pot roast, vegetables, various snacks, those go in your mouth, not the washer. I would hope a halfway decent parent can teach that lesson by about 1st grade, give or take.

    Look. When I was 13, I was a knucklehead. So were you. So was every other boy who was 13 at one point in time. I did a mini-****ton of stupid stuff. But I had enough sense to not eat something that wasn’t what could reasonably be considered “food”.
    Um no. THe parents teach all sorts of things- don't use drugs, drink to excess, have sex without a condom. Kids do that all stuff all the time no matter how much the parent beats them over the head. This is no different.

    ANd they have been trying to ban those pod things since they came out because of the little kids. The companies responded by changing packaging

  16. #696
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    29,985

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    The local Walgreen's here has now allegedly put the pods behind glass.

    I can't wait to get carded for laundry detergent.

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  17. #697
    Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #300daysofsunshine
    Posts
    17,790

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: No One Had The Guts...Until Now!

  18. #698
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,929

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    They're not the only ones. http://www.syracuse.com/state/index....ods_pizza.html
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

  19. #699
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    milwaukee
    Posts
    13,249

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    people who, when they don't understand an answer, just ask the same question again.

    if you are going to ask me the exact same question - you are getting the exact same answer.

    if you don't understand the answer, then you need to ask a DIFFERENT QUESTION - not just repeat the same thing. obviously you didn't get it, but if you just repeat yourself, I don't know WHAT you didn't get. ask me a question about what I said or the piece you didn't understand. do not just repeat the same effing thing.

  20. #700
    Made in the USA
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    44,929

    Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

    Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    people who, when they don't understand an answer, just ask the same question again.

    if you are going to ask me the exact same question - you are getting the exact same answer.

    if you don't understand the answer, then you need to ask a DIFFERENT QUESTION - not just repeat the same thing. obviously you didn't get it, but if you just repeat yourself, I don't know WHAT you didn't get. ask me a question about what I said or the piece you didn't understand. do not just repeat the same effing thing.
    Only reason I ever ask the same question is because the person didn't answer the specific question I asked, but rather a tangent.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •