Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Seems my department head, and all the engineers I work with are in agreement that the tagline is stupid. So we're all refusing to add that bit when we do update our signature. It's likely only those in the downtown office who use their e-mail more for intra-office communication will include it.

Another new gear grinder: "Neighborhood Spoofing Spam Calls." The latest scammer/spammer method to annoy people is to set the outbound caller ID to mimic the same area code and exchange as your phone, in hopes that you pick up a "trustworthy unknown number." Caller ID spoofing is stupid and makes me angry. Especially when people call me wanting to yell at me for not leaving a message when I never called them in the first place.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Seems my department head, and all the engineers I work with are in agreement that the tagline is stupid. So we're all refusing to add that bit when we do update our signature. It's likely only those in the downtown office who use their e-mail more for intra-office communication will include it.

Another new gear grinder: "Neighborhood Spoofing Spam Calls." The latest scammer/spammer method to annoy people is to set the outbound caller ID to mimic the same area code and exchange as your phone, in hopes that you pick up a "trustworthy unknown number." Caller ID spoofing is stupid and makes me angry. Especially when people call me wanting to yell at me for not leaving a message when I never called them in the first place.
      That's been happening for a while, and apparently they've been masking as my number lately. I've received a few different text messages asking who I am and why I keep calling them. It takes a few minutes to explain what's happening, but they finally understand the situation.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It’s time for congress to pass a law banning the technology or mandating the telecoms implement technology to prevent it.

It took an act of Congress to get cable companies to level the volume out on commercials. It was the biggest complaint I think he FCC (?) received annually.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Me: "FBI fraud division. How may I help you?"

Hangs up.

Block number
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Yup, happens daily now - been going on for at least 3-4 months. I swipe left to decline on all of them, but it seems to make absolutely zero difference.

Comment

This

Comment

Another driving idiot who gestures wildly and is WRONG. Some moron pulled out in front me of at what he thought was a four way stop (it wasn't. he had a stop sign. I did not). I was going slow, but had to slam on the brakes and the eggs I just had bought got thrown around in my car. Then he holds up his hand like a stop signal at me. Listen, ****er, you should come over to my house and clean up this ****ing mess because you are a ****ing idiot. People like this make me wish I could follow them home and yell at them.

Comment

Bernie Bros on Twitter who love to constantly say why they didn't vote for Hillary.

Comment

The way people get injured at my plant. Our last recordable was a bad laceration because they forgot to wear a cutting glove.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Oh dear god. I’m watching a required webcast for work and the lady speaking has that grating end of the sentence inflection and she does it EVERY GODDAM SENTENCE. It’s like someone is stabbing me in the ear with white hot chainsaw.

Thank god I’m alone in the office because it got so bad at one point I actually yelled out “FOR ****S SAKE!”

She also has a terrible Minnesota accent. So bad that even I picked up on it.

Someone kill me.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Teaching a course that has 6 sections. 4 instructors for different sections. One shell in the platform with set modules. One of the profs is bent she is not the lead. So far she has published her own special module (going off syllabus), has published modules while they are not yet finalized, gone off syllabus to teach her class on the Final packet (that wasn't finalized or published yet adn 2 weeks before it was to be released), set up a separate sign up for her Final, sent out an email with the Final Pkt to her students before it was published.

The crowning glory.... yesterday emailed 45 min before giving the first final (Practicum where they demo skills) saying when she and others taught this before they stopped 1/3 of the way thru to look at whether students had a chance of passing, if not they were given option to stop and reschedule. Can we do that? THe Procedure for exam was emailed to us for comment 3 weeks ago and published 1 1/2 weeks ago after she pulled the stunt of emailing her students the packet. UUTF. I have 33 students. 45 min for each. I would be giving Finals at 2 AM.

Then we have the Lead Prof who doesn't want to have a bad work environment so isn't really putting the hammer down. Young. For CHristmas sake! when you have one person doing all that which then causes students to think all sorts of things about how lazy the other 3 are, disrupts the course syllabus order what part of that isn't making a bad work environment for the majority. (so, that is a run on sentence proving I am not an English major).

Comment

This is a minor one, but...

Client: "So, where are you located?"

"Detroit"

Client: "Oh, I'm sorry."

Yeah lady, 2008 called, they'd like their joke back. Hope you enjoy paying 2-3 times the rent that I do, while no doubt living in a similar suburb of Seattle with an even d0uchier downtown and worse traffic.

And no, I'm not offended or "triggered". I just find it old and lame at this point. Do better.

Comment

I'm sure at this point the Detroit area has comeback neighborhoods that are the best deals in the country. The reason Detroit's rap has lingered is the same reason DC's has: it's a black city and podunk people are racist as-sholes. DC was awful in the 70s, sure, but now it's far and away the best city east of the Rockies (which makes it about the 90th best city in the country).
                            Last edited by Kepler; 04-24-2018, 11:05 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I'm sure at this point the Detroit area has comeback neighborhoods that are the best deals in the country. The reason Detroit's rap has lingered is the same reason DC's has: it's a black city and people are racist as-sholes. DC was awful in the 70s, sure, but now it's far and away the best city east of the Rockies.
                              All cities are black
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

"...Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous (VUCA) world"

Why does that need an acronym? Or even three of the four words?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X