Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Porque?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      anyone who speaks English (as a primary language) does NOT want to see this sport as a mainstream sport.
      There it is. The dumbest thing I will read all day; and I’m including tomorrow.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        I'm watching soccer on Univision Deportes. Plus we have a renovation going on at Chez Joe, my youngest and his family moved in with us while they're in between houses and a large tree took out the back left corner of our fence.

On top of that, my sister keeps messenging me with pictures of 2' of snow. One pic is enough.

Oh, grandkid #6 (due in July) is a boy. #5, due in a month, will be a surprise. If the track record holds, it will be boys 6, girls 0.

But that's what makes life fun. Family - you can't beat 'em.

Now, I have to go down in the basement and check out my eraser stockpile.
        Joe, I hear that you're stressed out, but none of this explains or excuses your comment that the Spanish language channel in America should have English subtitles, simply because it suits your current mood.

Change the channel? Last I saw, soccer is available in English on more than one channel. If that's not currently the case, then why watch soccer if it bothers you that much? More to the point, if you can see the play, who needs the commentary? We all know good, non-partisan announcers in any sport are rare anyway.

Sorry, but your complaint is 100% old angry white man.

Comment

To clear this up, the CONCACAF Champions League has no English broadcast outside of go90 so joe's choice was to watch on UDN or something else.

In his defense, Univision Deportes typically has an English SAP option for most broadcasts, MLS, Liga MX, and others generally have it, but was prevented for this broadcast by rights issues.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Soccer?
            As I already said...
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Not true, pretty racist.

Toronto - Tigres joe?
              You know many people that are into Mexican telenovelas? Neither do I. I don't think it is racist to say that most people that speak English in the US are not interested in Mexican TV broadcasts.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Who said anything about only Hispanics in bbdl's comment. He was railing against soccer in general (believe me, I know him well), and given that soccer is STILL generally a foreign sport to this country, compared to the "Big Four," he is correct (although not politically) to say that anyone who speaks English (as a primary language) does NOT want to see this sport as a mainstream sport.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that happening, it's just the truth. Look at the ratings. It'd be the same as if you said people outside of the midwest and New England probably don't want to watch college hockey (areas that are predominantly white). It's just the truth.
                No, I didn't even know they played soccer on that channel. I thought that was the Mexican soap opera channel.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If US sports channels have a Spanish language secondary audio channel, how come Spanish language sports channels (ie Univision) don't have an English language alternative?
                  How much wood could a woodchuck chuck
                  If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
                  As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck,
                  If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    How much wood could a woodchuck chuck
                    If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
                    As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck,
                    If a woodchuck could chuck wood.
                    ¿Cuánta madera podría hacer una marmota
                    Si una marmota podría tirar madera?
                    Tanta madera como una marmota podría arrojar,
                    Si una marmota pudiera tirar madera.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

spam posts
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

If US sports channels have a Spanish language secondary audio channel, how come Spanish language sports channels (ie Univision) don't have an English language alternative?
                        Because of the long historical bigotry against and oppression of English-speaking people in this country.

Duh.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Because of the long historical bigotry against and oppression of English-speaking people in this country.

Duh.
                          Considering some of the soccer announcers we’ve been subjected to, there is truth to this.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Another day, another spam attack.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                              Another day, another spam attack.
                              Probably russian, considering we are talking about it. Just pretending to be someone else.

Comment

The new project process for testing.

I complete a test script and send it to the project manager. I give my name as the tester, state all the objects being tested have passed their tests. Now I have to send a follow-up email stating that I have tested the application and that all of the tests have passed the stated criteria.

Why? The inanity of such a step completely confounds me. Add to that, they call it a testing approval, which is something that used to come from the manager of the person performing the test after having reviewed the script and notes given by the tester. What good does having the original tester approve of his/her own test?

"I've stated that 2+2=5."
                                "I sincerely believe in the content of my earlier statement."
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X