Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    We have one. At my old job I worked with one my current company's executive's kids. He was actually one of our best project managers. But he couldn't work for my current company while his dad was an exec.
    I wish Iowa had a more expansive nepotism statute. Agency directors can't hire their own family. But it doesn't prevent hiring other directors' or employees' family.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      We have one. At my old job I worked with one my current company's executive's kids. He was actually one of our best project managers. But he couldn't work for my current company while his dad was an exec.
      How strict is yours?
      My aunt and uncle met at your employer

Comment

• Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        How strict is yours?
        My aunt and uncle met at your employer
        No clue. I did work with another son of an executive. But he became an executive after my coworker was hired. The executive has also since retired.

It’s hard to gauge how strict it is or if it’s even in place anymore to be honest. I’ll check our policies tomorrow.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          I wish Iowa had a more expansive nepotism statute. Agency directors can't hire their own family. But it doesn't prevent hiring other directors' or employees' family.
          For government, there really should be strict laws to prevent that kind of thing.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It’s 12:15. I’m reading about six different things on my phone. This is not a barbershop. Do not chit-chat with me. Bring. Me. My. Food.
            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Start in the mailroom or stockroom. Not on the top floor.
              Things like that are not likely to happen anymore, joe. The mailroom and stockroom are staffed by the lowest of the low when it comes to ability these days.

In my area, we have a project manager who's married to a production manager, and their kid started working here for yet a different department, all three within Trust Ops. The kid started as the standard processor, and earned himself a production lead position. You have to move up at least three levels of management before he shares a manager with either of his parents.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Getting off work after 11 grinds my gears.
                Code:

Comment

Working 20 hours last Sunday sucked. The NFL can blow me.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Working 20 hours last Sunday sucked. The NFL can blow me.
                    Did you choose this job? The SB is kinda a big deal. Should have expected LONG hours.

DX....well, that sucks. I can almost guarantee he didn't sign up for that stuff going in.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It is what it is. Needed to get out some stuff before I went on vacation immediately followed by a work trip.
                      Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        It is what it is. Needed to get out some stuff before I went on vacation immediately followed by a work trip.
                        I'm concerned about the July shindig. If they fook you on that.....ugh.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Did you choose this job? The SB is kinda a big deal. Should have expected LONG hours.

DX....well, that sucks. I can almost guarantee he didn't sign up for that stuff going in.
                          Yes and it isnt the hours per se...just trust me when I say the NFL sucks.

Oh and coming into a thread where people are whining and criticizing why they whine is kind of a D-move and definitely grinds gears.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah, I don’t care if it’s expected or not. Twenty hours is a ****long day. Especially on your feet.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Yeah, I don’t care if it’s expected or not. Twenty hours is a ****long day. Especially on your feet.
                              Especially after 15, 14 and 14 the days previously. We all knew that was coming though. (though I really had no choice in the matter I am a senior worker at this particular job)

The NFL sucks because of the things we had to deal with.

I will say, the New England Patriots were nothing but awesome to deal with (we had their after party Sunday Night) and their fans all week were the best to deal with. Philly fans are awful on a level I have not seen well ever. They are rude, obnoxious and cheap. Mind you not all of hem, the older the fan the nicer they were but I would say a very high percentage of them that were 40 or under were well represented by the viral videos the last month or so. (especially the ones from Jersey...good lord) Meanwhile New Englanders were polite (the amount of times I had to wave them over only to have them cut off by Philly fans who then screamed and yelled is off the charts) and just rolled with whatever was going on. Everyone I talked to had similar experiences.

I did get to watch a bit of the JLo show (at the after party...New England exclusive) in the VIP 10 feet from ARod and while running around finding certain things for players I **** near plowed over Bill Belicheck. We all expected that party to be a *bleep* show and it was, but not because of the team (as I said they were awesome) because of the NFL.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Especially after 15, 14 and 14 the days previously. We all knew that was coming though. (though I really had no choice in the matter I am a senior worker at this particular job)

The NFL sucks because of the things we had to deal with.

I will say, the New England Patriots were nothing but awesome to deal with (we had their after party Sunday Night) and their fans all week were the best to deal with. Philly fans are awful on a level I have not seen well ever. They are rude, obnoxious and cheap. Mind you not all of hem, the older the fan the nicer they were but I would say a very high percentage of them that were 40 or under were well represented by the viral videos the last month or so. (especially the ones from Jersey...good lord) Meanwhile New Englanders were polite (the amount of times I had to wave them over only to have them cut off by Philly fans who then screamed and yelled is off the charts) and just rolled with whatever was going on. Everyone I talked to had similar experiences.

I did get to watch a bit of the JLo show (at the after party...New England exclusive) in the VIP 10 feet from ARod and while running around finding certain things for players I **** near plowed over Bill Belicheck. We all expected that party to be a *bleep* show and it was, but not because of the team (as I said they were awesome) because of the NFL.
                                Please tell me that you at least got to see Gronk shotgun some kind of beverage...

Also, I have realized that Sunny is actually a very accurate documentary about the city of Philadelphia.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X