Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

No, you're not late because of people driving 60 in the left lane. You got here two minutes after me, we take the same highway, and I was able to go 70+ the whole way. Try leaving two minutes earlier instead of complaining about the non-existent slow traffic everyday.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Re: Gear Grinding 8: I Got A Lot Of Problems With You People!

Update from last thread...Delta Customer Service lied and they could have fixed the problem in two seconds if their customer service wasn't worthless!

I got over it though be cause it was free Woodford Reserve all flight. Ah Comfort Plus Class
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The second they get WRDO is the second I never fly main cabin again.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't drink, so for me exit row is better than C+ most of the time - usually has another 1-2" of legroom over C+. Then occasionally you get lucky and there is no one in the middle, which has happened to me twice now on DTW-LAX .

Unless you're stuck in a CRJ, then it sucks no matter where you're sitting, but we all know that.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          I don't drink, so for me exit row is better than C+ most of the time - usually has another 1-2" of legroom over C+. Then occasionally you get lucky and there is no one in the middle, which has happened to me twice now on DTW-LAX .

Unless you're stuck in a CRJ, then it sucks no matter where you're sitting, but we all know that.
          I was in the exit row but it was called C+ (2 person row)
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I was in the exit row but it was called C+ (2 person row)
            Ah yes. DL is rolling out A321s with that config - IIRC, an FA jumpseat/call station is where the aisle seat would be.

Comment

Ah yes. DL is rolling out A321s with that config - IIRC, an FA jumpseat/call station is where the aisle seat would be.
              Yup! Smoothest landing and take off I have ever experienced. (I get anxiety during those parts) The seats were so comfy I forgot I was on a plane

I need to make more money
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Yup! Smoothest landing and take off I have ever experienced. (I get anxiety during those parts) The seats were so comfy I forgot I was on a plane

I need to make more money
                The more Scarebuses I fly, the more I've started to gravitate towards them; better cabin experience, IMO. That said, I have not yet flown on a 787 or a 737 MAX, but Delta seems to have clearly made the decision to move away from Boeing for the foreseeable future. The A350s are coming in this fall (farewell Northwest 747s), then the Bombardier CS100/300s starting next year (finally phasing out those ancient MD-88s), and the A330neo starting in 2019 (phasing out older 767s).

I'm sure Boeing will cry about undercutting and unfair trade (they already filed a complaint over Bombardier's pricing earlier this year), but they've done that so often in the past 20-25 years, that eventually it gets to be like the boy who cried wolf. American and United seem to have no problem continuing to order planes from them, and we all know Southwest is a "Forever 737" airline, so...

Comment

The more Scarebuses I fly, the more I've started to gravitate towards them; better cabin experience, IMO. That said, I have not yet flown on a 787 or a 737 MAX, but Delta seems to have clearly made the decision to move away from Boeing for the foreseeable future. The A350s are coming in this fall (farewell Northwest 747s), then the Bombardier CS100/300s starting next year (finally phasing out those ancient MD-88s), and the A330neo starting in 2019 (phasing out older 767s).

I'm sure Boeing will cry about undercutting and unfair trade (they already filed a complaint over Bombardier's pricing earlier this year), but they've done that so often in the past 20-25 years, that eventually it gets to be like the boy who cried wolf. American and United seem to have no problem continuing to order planes from them, and we all know Southwest is a "Forever 737" airline, so...
                  You should have just left it as a Forever 37.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It is currently raining so hard I can't get to my car in the parking lot. And I lived in Oregon.

Godd-mn, DC. Your weather is most unpleasant.

The worst part is 20 minutes after it stops it will be 97% humidity again.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It is currently raining so hard I can't get to my car in the parking lot. And I lived in Oregon.

Godd-mn, DC. Your weather is most unpleasant.

The worst part is 20 minutes after it stops it will be 97% humidity again.
                      Kepler is a witch and will melt, confirmed.

He clearly isn't Moses, because he can't part the red sea between he and his car.

Comment

The o on the keyboard should be moved to get it away from the 0.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Grrr. Brought my Surface in for a tune up and they foiund that the hard drive is messed up. They are replacing it. Usually BB i awesome. This time it has been a fiasco. WOrk that could have been done but they waited. they tell me that and say they will do it. They never call me back and when I called them it took 3 days to get anything out of them. Specifically asked if I needed to bring anything- and gave a list of what I thought they might want. No they need nothing. Show up for my appt today- they need power cord. They do not have one, the store doesn't even have one I can buy for them to use. I ended up wasting an hour of my time so I could go back later today with the cord because that is when the next appt was. Get there, they plug in and start uploading things. After close to an hour the guy says to me something to the effect that it is going to take hours more to update, I might as well go home. They will call me when it is done. Packs everything in the box. I manage to snatch my keyboard back. He gets up and walks away. What t f??
                          Never had a problem in the 20+ yrs I have been using their Geek Squad. Not a happy camper.

Oh and never rent from Thrifty!!

Comment

We have a poster in the NMU thread that loves to copy and paste articles without citing the source. We've asked him to stop multiple times.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

@Sportsnet: Sidney Crosby charms three-year-old with cancer during Halifax hospital visit.

The good School Sisters of Notre Dame and the Xaverian Brothers would have a field day with the above.

IIRC, diagramming the above sentence would yield that Sid used cancer to charm a 3 yr old. Yes, I know that diagramming sentences is a long lost art, but yikes! folks, read what you write.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X